It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baboons Make Pets Of Feral Dogs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but the white dog shown at @ 2:18 in the video looks like it's wearing a collar. It probably put it's head through something and got it stuck but I was somewhat amused by it and wondered if perhaps one of the baboons could have placed it there.
They are showing cunning intelligence but after all they are our genetic cousins.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

They probably saw humans doing it, or it's just an evolutionary parallel.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

That totally blew my mind! It opens up so many possabilities, not the least of which being the possible date at which humans first started using or living with dogs.
wow, wow, wow!
Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That is amazing OP. Please next time, give a graphic content warning. It ruined my day big time. Thanx in advance

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I believe the ancient Egyptians used Greyhounds to hunt but not sure beyond that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I don't know but if you want to see an imbreed of a Thug and an ape, look no further than Washington, D.C.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The location is Saudi Arabia....here is the link:

www.abyteofenews.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It was kind of hard watching the baboon treat the puppy that way but I guess its tough love in the beginning and soft love towards the end. Cool vid.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Evolution is a lie

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Husky/Malumute type dogs are known to have been kept 18,000yrs ago and were bred down through 3 female european wolves. However, human and wolf bones are found in the same caves going back further than that...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Yes we are primates. Were at the top of the primate chain. Our DNA is so closely related to chimpanzees that we can cross transfuse chimpanzee and human blood with both subjects surviving and thriving. Theres only a 1.3% genetic difference between us and them. You can even teach chimpanzees sign language and they know what theyre asking for and they can understand us. I used to "talk" to a chimp i worked with while i was studying anthropology in college and he knew how to ask for bananas and his toys, and he would sign hello to me i would show up for the afternoon. You stare into a chimps eyes you can see intelligence there, they ARE sentient.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
That is amazing OP. Please next time, give a graphic content warning. It ruined my day big time. Thanx in advance

Graphic content? What do you mean?

Dragging the puppy down the hill?

Originally posted by juggalo307
Evolution is a lie

You don't even understand how magnets work.

Originally posted by Caji316
reply to post by icepack

I don't know but if you want to see an imbreed of a Thug and an ape, look no further than Washington, D.C.

If you want proof evolution is a lie, look no further than the American south.

Oh, and great thread OP, never heard of this before but it's amazing. There are also ants that keep livestock, which they use for making silk or something. It's been awhile but it's worth looking into if you are interested.
edit on 8/9/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
lol @ all the bad science and laced racism. SHAME!

Well I thought he was going squish that puppy or eat him.

Better outcome

edit on 9-8-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Read this post this morning and have actually been thinking about it off and on all day. This really is an fascinating phenomen\on and makes perfect sense but it does make you stop and think. Told several other people about it today and you could see each of them pause to think about it.

Thanks for sharing this OP. I am always fascinated by the friendships in nature but this is more than a little different.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Yes I've seen programs about ants keeping slaves and something about some form of wasp springs to mind ( that could be the confusion of old timers disease however ), some ants run a garden to grow a certain fungus, quite a few things like that about. Nature never ceases to amaze.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Yes must admit it stopped me in my tracks as well

Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Whoaaa! Cool clip but I have to see the entire documentary! I hope someone found it by now

edit: I think this is a TV show from the Nat Geo channel
edit on 9-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Yes. These are baboons whom probably mirror early man in the effort to control animals. Look, there are more people like me......tree huggers, animal lovers and human rights advocates. Some of us are little bit more sensitive than others.

However, I really do think the thread is awesome. A little bit of sensitivity is all I ask for. Thank you.

Edited to add: Goldentorch.....I had no idea you were the OP. Sorry if I offended you in any way. Your a great poster and I look forward to seeing more of you. So there........LOL
edit on 9-8-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Jebus I couldn't help but laugh at the end of it.

It was crazy when the alpha red butt was sitting on him ...... TOTAL DOMINATION!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Damn is it just me or am I the only one that felt bad as hell for that puppy lol. I mean damn dude that was some vicious chit just dragging the poor pup down the mountain by the tail....thump....thump...thump as it's head hit each rock
Then after smelling it's ass be like "Nah not interested you can go now" lol. That's messed up and I can betcha that we only seeing a small rosie picture there...I wonder how many are brutally beat and strangled at the hands of those very same....evolving baboons

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join