It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else feeling the love tonight...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You must have posted around the same time I did as you answered the question that I was asking in my previous post, synchronicity! I love it.

Will someone who seeks the truth find it? I believe so, only if you want it enough. What I mean by that is you must be disciplined, patient and perservering. You also need to hold onto what you find with both hands and heart for many will try to steer you from your path. Remember that it is your truth you seek, not someone elses.

The fleeting love connection is something I have been struggling with for a long time. Your right, the next day things go back to "normal" and it feels that what you had found is lost in an instant. This is something I have observed in many situations when someone has passed. The families drop their indifferences for a duration and come together as one to mourn and remember the person that has passed but within a week or two they back to their old ways off waring against one another.
The same is for someone that requires help, people come to their aid and even state "I will stick by you" but within a duration of time they go back on their words and leave the person in a similar situation to fend for themselves again. Why is it that we can't see things through to the end? Its because of the chemical romance which comes in many forms. Of course the person you are trying to help may be impossible and may leave you but does that mean we should give up on them? In my book, no. This is the reason I state that many people don't really know what love is, love is endless. The same endless love you feel for your daughter, even if she strays into a bad situation you will still love her, support her and understand her. This is why being a parent is so very important to the human race, it shows us true love. The love that is shown to us by our own father, God.

You must remember that you are not just an observer, you're a participant and with the love you have learn't you can guide things that are around you. You can help your children to behave better, one of my old favorites when mine were younger was "Hey look a distraction". When you see something that you can make better then make it better or more harmonious. You have that power and that power comes from choice. Choosing the right thing to do is sharing your love with the people and things around you. Its all in your head. Everything that has been or will be comes from thought. We are trapped in an endless cycle until we become aware of our thoughts. Once you become aware, you can stop yourself from negative destruction patterns and focus your energy towards positive creative patterns. How many times do you think back on things and go "if I had of said this or if I had of done that it may have turned out differently". You need to be aware of how your feeling every minute of the day and night. Only then will you be able to think straight and not travel in circles of repeating the same mistakes. Becoming aware is the first step, controlling your thoughts is the next. This is a lot harder to do then you might think, trust me its a journey. Once you get to that point you can seek truth and make knowledgable positive choices. Remember this, you can only ever be 99% right with truth, you must leave a small portion for new information to come through that can change your mind.

Peace

Edit: I just read through the Karmic wheel thread. The Lennon video that is on there "Mind Games" is exactly what I have been talking about in this post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-8-2011 by Rellix because: Added content

edit on 10-8-2011 by Rellix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
"Anyone else feeling the love tonight...?" Nope. Again, "love" looks like "evol" backwards. Too much "love" might make very possessive and jealous personality types do bad or "[evil]" thinks. But the nice weather of sunshine and etheric wind/energy have been feeling uplifting and positive in some strange ways, making parakeets and me VERY sleepy/relaxed/calm...
edit on 2011-8-10 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rellix

Fantastic reply, cheers for your thoughts. Slightly off topic but it's related to your post.

Why wait until a person has died to say all those beautiful things at their funeral...? Say it to them while they are still capable of hearing it. This is a thought I had when one of my friends committed suicide a while ago, and I'm sure he would still be with us now if he realised how missed he would be.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
...i dont know if we can objectively define our own personal concept of love... i think thats something that only others can define based upon their perception of our actions...

...makes me think of that old james taylor song that says "shower the people you love with love - show them the way that you feel - things are gonna be much better if you only will"...

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Why wait until a person has died to say all those beautiful things at their funeral...? Say it to them while they are still capable of hearing it. This is a thought I had when one of my friends committed suicide a while ago, and I'm sure he would still be with us now if he realised how missed he would be.

...theres a line in the lucinda williams song sweet old world that says "didnt you think anyone loved you?"... thats probably true of a lot of people... its also true that some people dont feel loved because they never see proof, just empty words...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Great post friend. I would never question or knock the experience of your contentment while tucking your children in at night. That surely must be a wonderful feeling. However, I do still stand on the notion that NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, can compare to the letting go of the ego completely and enjoying the vastness of emptiness. The reason for this is, that no one and nothing can change that, it is the only permanent phenomena that mankind can experience, thus it comes with an indescribable feeling of security and warmth. But nonetheless, I hear what you are saying and respect it.

As far as the "New Age" tendency to solely promote "love" as the means to enlightenment, I look at it no different than those in the 70's who claimed hallucinogens were the "quick and easy" path. They're all just trading one feel good substances for another, but I wonder how many have actually experienced the beauty of emptiness. Very few probably have because most of them have been socially conditioned to fear this word "emptiness", and why, because it is such an unknown 'thing' for us in the materialistic West. No substance will take you 'there', no word, no concept, no idea, no belief, no doctrine or dogma, will take you 'there'.

And as far as that "chop wood carry water" quote goes, it simply means that after "enlightenment" is 'attained' reality does not change, only our perspective on it.

Peace friend.
edit on 10-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks Wyn Hawks for your insights

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i dont know if we can objectively define our own personal concept of love... i think thats something that only others can define based upon their perception of our actions...

lol I'm only jsut beginning to realise this as this thread progresses further

...theres a line in the lucinda williams song sweet old world that says "didnt you think anyone loved you?"... thats probably true of a lot of people... its also true that some people dont feel loved because they never see proof, just empty words...

.....or no words at all. Sounds like a beautifully sad song, will have to look it up sometime.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Great post friend. I would never question or knock the experience of your contentment while tucking your children in at night. That surely must be a wonderful feeling. However, I do still stand on the notion that NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, can compare to the letting go of the ego completely and enjoying the vastness of emptiness. The reason for this is, that no one and nothing can change that, it is the only permanent phenomena that mankind can experience, thus it comes with an indescribable feeling of security and warmth. But nonetheless, I hear what you are saying and respect it.

I only hope I can one day be able to know that feeling sometime this lifetime. But if I don't I guess there's always the next
I still feel there is some connection between love and enlightenment. Maybe the love I'm talking about this 'higher love’ simply should be labelled something else. (A few things have happened to me of late that are making me rethink slightly the opinion I expressed in your 'paradox of knowledge thread')

But the occasional experience i get from tucking my kiddly winks in at night isn't merely a love for them. It triggers something much deeper down in my being, and it is similar to when I've meditated in the forest or climbed a great mountain and reached the top. But my 'letting go of ego moments' are only ever fleeting at best and never complete, though they are beautiful nonetheless. It does not bother me that I cannot hold onto it however, for I am still only young, I am patient, and I'm actually quite enjoying this life anyway.

As far as the "New Age" tendency to solely promote "love" as the means to enlightenment, I look at it no different than those in the 70's who claimed hallucinogens were the "quick and easy" path. They're all just trading one feel good substances for another, but I wonder how many have actually experienced the beauty of emptiness. Very few probably have because most of them have been socially conditioned to fear this word "emptiness", and why, because it is such an unknown 'thing' for us in the materialistic West. No substance will take you 'there', no word, no concept, no idea, no belief, no doctrine or dogma, will take you 'there'.

I guess if you are going to promote a false message then love is probably the best you can pick lol. I myself personally have only ever had positive experiences with hallucinogens, though it has been quite a while since I've been so inclined. Used correctly they can iron out many negative thought patterns. They did give me some insights which definitely helped me awaken to an extent. But my mind is strong, and I never took them expecting to reach enlightenment. Also in the hands of the less evolved they can be very dangerous for the thoughts stay with you long after the effect wears off.

But I think in all these messages, be it love, '___', or whatever there are little inklings of truth. Possibly the error here is mistaking one of the roads for the destination itself. When you reach it you wonder why you still have further to go. The danger then is one may turn ones back on the journey toward enlightenment for the rest of ones current lifetime. This is where chop wood carry water comes into it - People have these false highs, these incomplete moments of realisation and expect their whole life to be different afterwards. But of course it isn't. And this is where madness and depression creep in, especially if drugs are involved.

Peace friend.
edit on 10/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

But I think in all these messages, be it love, '___', or whatever there are little inklings of truth. Possibly the error here is mistaking one of the roads for the destination itself. When you reach it you wonder why you still have further to go. The danger then is one may turn ones back on the journey toward enlightenment for the rest of ones current lifetime. This is where chop wood carry water comes into it - People have these false highs, these incomplete moments of realisation and expect their whole life to be different afterwards. But of course it isn't. And this is where madness and depression creep in, especially if drugs are involved.

Peace friend.
edit on 10/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

Nicely worded and I agree. Also, in ancient Chinese culture the men would live the worldly life (family, job, politics...Confucianism) until their kids reached the age of maturity and then they would renounce the worldly life (Taoism) in search for enlightenment. So it's never too late. Some people chose to do it sooner than others, but it is important to remember it is not a race.

Peace.

<< 1   >>

join