It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun just released a Class X6.9 Flare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Went to go check out dx.qsl.net... to see if there was anything new.

Unfortunately there was. The sun just released an X Class flare, the site should update soon, and more info will be given whether it's heading towards Earth.

Also.

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been strong.
Solar radiation storms reaching the S1 level occurred. Radio blackouts reaching the R3 level occurred.

The geomagnetic field is expected to be predominantly quiet for the next three days in the wake of the coronal hole high speed stream. Further analysis of the CME observed in STEREO and SOHO imagery is underway to determine its geoeffective potential.

Visit dx.qsl.net... for more info if needed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Went to go check out dx.qsl.net... to see if there was anything new.

Unfortunately there was. The sun just released an X Class flare, the site should update soon, and more info will be given whether it's heading towards Earth..

Already being discussed here, and no it isnt coming towards earth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I wonder if this increase in the Sun's activity has anything to do with human conciousness lately? You know, all these riots, protests, fears of economic collapse around the world..

edit on 9-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I was going to post the same. You know it does? Just what the full moon does to the people.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I wonder if this increase in the Sun's activity has anything to do with human conciousness lately? You know, all these riots, protests, fears of economic collapse around the world..

edit on 9-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

I have actually been wondering this myself as of late. I noticed I tend to have mood swings everytime there is a solar flare, and i asked my close friends if they have been feeling off these days, to which they mentioned the same thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Wow, now that you mention it... me too. I'm gonna have to start tracking this.

new topics

top topics

join