It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As US declines, N-Korea opens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
N-Korea for decades have been isolated but now it is able to open up and is trying to attract investment and tourists in the country.

I'm very interested in the timing, we all know US is in decline, and its power has diminished globally. Is it a coincidence that N-Korea is opening up. In my opinion no, since US is in decline, it doesn't represent a major threat to N-Korea as it did before, because the US will be busy trying to hold on to what it has, rather than engaging in another war.

This has allowed N-Korea to open, this will hugely benifit N-Korea. Some of the interest projects includes the

- Chinese/N-Korean project to create a trade zone

- N.Korea opens new air route with Malaysia

- N-Korea asking if it can co-host the games with South.

- N. Korea pushing to use ferry to attract foreign tourists‎

- N.Korea picks U.S. firm for Mount Kumgang tour business

This is very interesting, keep an eye on N-Korea and what it will reveal soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Well, since the North Koreans have been barred from having stuff, imagine the market that could be created there with China. China will be able to sell everything and anything to North Korea and it will actually help North Koreans.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
A holiday to N.Korea
might be interesting to spend a week in orwell's 1984.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Just go to England...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
A holiday to N.Korea
might be interesting to spend a week in orwell's 1984.

I bet a lot of people would be eager to have a holiday in N-Korea because the place is incredibly unique.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
There's some very interesting videos on YouTube about being "Inside North Korea" etc.

The people there aren't even allowed to make eye contact with you, you're followed everywhere, can't use your Phone or video camera and your Hotel Room is bugged!

The tourist hotspots are literally deserted and even the Hotels that are like skyscrapers only have a handful of guests in them, really wierd!

Wow, bet it would still be interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Unique? Sorry but lets not forget the North Korean government remains responsible for one of the most staggering human-rights and humanitarian disasters in the world. During the 90s, the government allowed as many as 1 million people, and possibly many more, to die during years of famine while the government prioritized the diversion of resources to its military and nuclear programs away from food purchases for its citizens. And they continue to hold as many as 200,000 people without due process of law in political prison camps. Not only are they imprisoned in unspeakable conditions - fed starvation-level rations, forced to labor under brutal conditions and subject to torture and execution - but so are their relatives, including the elderly and children, under a three-generation regime of kin sung.....SO F^&K NORTH KOREA

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

So should we turn the place into a glass parking lot lol?

Something needs to be done as they are now supplying drugs as well as weapons to the Muppets in the Middle East!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au

Unique? Sorry but lets not forget the North Korean government remains responsible for one of the most staggering human-rights and humanitarian disasters in the world. During the 90s, the government allowed as many as 1 million people, and possibly many more, to die during years of famine while the government prioritized the diversion of resources to its military and nuclear programs away from food purchases for its citizens. And they continue to hold as many as 200,000 people without due process of law in political prison camps. Not only are they imprisoned in unspeakable conditions - fed starvation-level rations, forced to labor under brutal conditions and subject to torture and execution - but so are their relatives, including the elderly and children, under a three-generation regime of kin sung.....SO F^&K NORTH KOREA

If you fill the coffers of a repressive regime you are partially responsible for what it does. Potential tourists need to understand the regime they will be furnishing with dollars/euros.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

So do you agree that N-Korea is unique or not? Your comment had nothing to do with my comment, so why even reply to my comment?

The people there aren't even allowed to make eye contact with you, you're followed everywhere, can't use your Phone or video camera and your Hotel Room is bugged!

LOL, I'm happy with that, I'm there for a holiday, not to spy on people.

edit on 9-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Unfortunately no matter how much people try, the US decline will allow N-Korea to open up and attract tourists and increase trade. The regime might be repressive or not. One thing for sure, you're talking from a Western point of view, regarding a regime which has been depicted as evil and psycho for couple of decades now (mainly because the two sides are officially at war). It is only fair for you to believe what you believe.

Time will tell, the next chapter of N-Korea will be very interesting. With US power diminishing, with absence of that power, it would be interesting to see what the next chapter will hold.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

You make it sound like tourist are just going to flock to North Korea like it's Cancun on spring break. I am looking at it from a western point of view? No, I am pretty sure the rest of the world agrees with me..except you

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You make it sound like tourist are just going to flock to North Korea like it's Cancun on spring break. I am looking at it from a western point of view? No, I am pretty sure the rest of the world agrees with me..except you

How did I make it sound like tourists will flock to North Korea like it's Cancun on spring break? In reality I said nothing of the sort, I said N-Korea has been isolated for decades, now it is breaking that isolation. But people read thing differently.

And your Western point of view is just that, your Western point of view. In the whole past week, there has only been 2 pages of news about N-Korea, only 3 pages. Even Antarctica has more news within a week than N-Korea (the sum of 23 pages), that being said, you do the maths, N-Korea being isolated and no information coming out, it makes your views just that, your Western point of view. You see N-Korea through the spectrum of Western propaganda.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Whatever you think kid..I am not going to argue with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by bo12au

So do you agree that N-Korea is unique or not? Your comment had nothing to do with my comment, so why even reply to my comment?

LOL, I'm happy with that, I'm there for a holiday, not to spy on people.

People who go on holiday take cameras to take pictures and video or are you not normal??

Bye bye Nikon and Canon, durh!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

How did I make it sound like tourists will flock to North Korea like it's Cancun on spring break? In reality I said nothing of the sort, I said N-Korea has been isolated for decades, now it is breaking that isolation. But people read thing differently.

And your Western point of view is just that, your Western point of view. In the whole past week, there has only been 2 pages of news about N-Korea, only 3 pages. Even Antarctica has more news within a week than N-Korea (the sum of 23 pages), that being said, you do the maths, N-Korea being isolated and no information coming out, it makes your views just that, your Western point of view. You see N-Korea through the spectrum of Western propaganda.

My western point of view? Have you ever wondered WHY there is no news about NK? Its becauseof the total control over all Internet-connected computers, total censorship of information.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Really, now you have to record yourself every second of your life to be normal? What has the world turned in to, I guess that explains why we see teens spend hours and hours in the toilet recording themselves in front of the mirror, because they want to be normal, right?

By the way, I'm willing to budge and read the source where it states that tourists are not allowed to have cameras. I'm being open minded here so here's your chance.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wiki says tourist ARE allowed cameras, It just says you have to be extremely careful as to not take pics that cast the leader in a negative way

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Wiki says tourist ARE allowed cameras, It just says you have to be extremely careful as to not take pics that cast the leader in a negative way

I understand the N-Korean mentality, it is about respect. You come to my house, show some respect and stop being an A hole to the host. That's fully understandable, and as you say, cameras are allowed, so the other individual was making false claims about not being able to record fun moments, or beautiful sites while on vacation.
edit on 10-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join