It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots 2011: Eyewitnesses say Police stood back and allowed rioters to loot shops & businesses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Exactly. There was not enough police on the streets because the full force was deliberately not called out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by multichild
reply to post by AzazeI

This is the toruble though isnt it.

These people havent then brain power to understand that putting a brick through the corner shop isnt going to make a difference to anybody in power.

The IRA tried it, and nearly got away with it, but even they failed.

I also understand that enough is enough, and when your at the bottom end of society, with no hope for the future, no prospects and a damn hard life, then any sort of release is good. But it wont get anything changed, all it creates is a state that wants to create more control, so that people are easily identified when causing these riots next time.

you have a valid point there but its being said in a few forums that blackberry phones were being used for communication between the rioters .... these aint people on the poverty line ... those phones are expensive .... my family are working class citizens but not one of them would dream of doing this kind of thing ....government are responsible to a certain degree .... but didnt put petrol bombs in these idiot hands did they

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

and do you know what type of world we will live in if no one stands up?

soldiers on the streets, surveillance everywhere, rifd implants to be tracked at all times, more murdering of innocent people by the police state, the destruction of freedom and liberty as we know it.

F THE SYSTEM!!!!

I have common sense, matter of fact I AM commonsense909 that is =)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Exactly. There was not enough police on the streets because the full force was deliberately not called out.

Do you have anything to back this claim??

I'm sure they had every resource available, working on this.. Bear in mind alot of police forces were in standby in their local areas to cover any rioting that would have occurred.. They couldn't send the whole police force to only the areas affected.. There is still crime occurring in the areas not affected by the violence.

Eg in kingsbury, no trouble at all but 2 jewelry shops got looted.. People just saw an opportunity.

And to answer your water cannon question.. It's simple, we dint have them (except in northern ireland)
edit on 9/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ladykay

Everybody has a mobile phone these days, it wasnt the blackberry bling gang doing this, some had blackberrys whilst others didnt, you can get a blackberry for £20 a month these days, or just get one on the black market.

The government, the banks, the white people, the black people, the immigrants, the oil companies, the rotschilds, they are all to blame!

But all i'm saying is, this wont last long let me tell you, Britain's police force are no mugs and they have dealt with worse than this before, just they where caught off balance.

They be doing dawn raids this morning, all day, and then come tonight, they be all ready for it.

Its not the way to do it, but what I will say is that it highlights to the current government that maybe the austerity measures are too harsh, and maybe it will slow things down a bit, but as for the bigger picture, it will be full steam ahead, just got to get over this bump.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Someone on my football board spoke to a police man and asked why they dont do what they do at football matches, target everyone and sort it out that way, he said they "are a different type of group".

ie meaning they wont touch them because they are black. Its PC gone mad.

The police should be targeting everyone out there no matter what sex, age religion or colour. They are all scum.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI

and do you know what type of world we will live in if no one stands up?

soldiers on the streets, surveillance everywhere, rifd implants to be tracked at all times, more murdering of innocent people by the police state, the destruction of freedom and liberty as we know it.

F THE SYSTEM!!!!

I have common sense,

And do you know the alternative to the world you speak of.. Anarchy, no food, no electricity, no clean water, disease, murder and rape on a grand scale.. (among many other things)

I know which world I would rather live in..

And just to add, it's attitudes and inciting violence In The way you are doing, that allow them to put all the things you have mentioned and despise into place..
edit on 9/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Didn't know you were a Police Sympathiser.

But the police have a long history of wrongful killings (like the Menezes shooting), racial profiling and taking bribes. Hence, them just sitting back and allowing the riots to spread is not really hard to believe.
edit on 9-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I think what you will find is that most of us in this forum arent police or gang sympathisers, its a bit og give and take from both sides, as any extreme from one side, is met with extreme from the other, and nothing is achieved.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Didn't know you were a Police Sympathiser.

But the police have a long history of wrongful killings (like the Menezes shooting), racial profiling and taking bribes. Them just sitting back and allowing the riots to spread is a perfectly reasonable explanation.
edit on 9-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

I'm not a sympathiser at all.. I've more than my fair shre of run ins with the law..
I've just got my head screwed on and live in the real world, anarchy sounds good on paper, but In reality.....

I don't think people realise this..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladykay

reply to post by ladykay

only fear mongering I see is from the government

explain your statement plz ... did the government send these yobs on the streets then

Well,that really would not surprise me,the disorginisation of these riots was too well orchestrated if you see what I mean.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

How is what we've seen last night standing up? They weren't even fighting the police to any great extent, they were just causing carnage. It's like having a father that beats you and your brother, and then protesting by beating up your brother as well.

If you think the world is going to change for the better via this sort of action, then you're deluded. The participants in this rioting were - more than likely in most cases - in it strictly for themselves and quite possibly being used to further an agenda by the people you claim to be opposed to. Creating conflict and then playing both sides isn't a new concept.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

Originally posted by ladykay

reply to post by ladykay

only fear mongering I see is from the government

explain your statement plz ... did the government send these yobs on the streets then

Well,that really would not surprise me,the disorginisation of these riots was too well orchestrated if you see what I mean.

I saw with my own eyes last night gangs of youths trying to start violence.. I think it's more opportunist than orchestrated.
It's easy these days to find out where is being targeted and even easier to join in..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think that TPTB are not letting a good crisis go to waste and are deliberately allowing the riots to spread. Then they will wait for the public to beg for their rights to be taken away so they can be "safe".

Don't doubt the intelligence of those who are in charge. This is headed well in their favour and they stand to gain a lot of power from it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Why would they stop the looters? That would inflame the situation and an already undermanned police force would be slaughtered. They can control them by allowing them to stay where they are. If you have them in one place, it easier to manage the situation rather smaller pockets of people.

Rather see them looting than not see them gathering elsewhere

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

If the police handled the riots properly at the 'beginning' would we be where we are now?
Probably not

Most of these thiefs are doing it because it's easy.
edit on 9-8-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Where do you live? You sound like your in another reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Watch V for Vendetta much? your theory is bonkers.. Your telling us were all brainwashed.. and you come up with the plot of a film..

And this...

It is now becoming more obvious that the police were ordered to do nothing and just allow the rioters to loot away so that the blame is put on multiculturism

The media so far.. have not mentioned anything about multi-culturism.. multi-culturism is something we are battered with everyday to bring forward the NWO.. so no.. they wont mention it.. multi-culturism is awsome to TPTB.. civil servants are classed as raceist to be against the idea of multi-culturism.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure about police standing by stories, but I do know if you arrest someone that takes you off duty for possibly an hour at least getting a space in a cell, fingerprints, DNA, evidence etc, several if its a busy night! If the coppers at the scene got involved they could've come under attack, what good would they have done? There would've been no back up whatsoever! Instead of a smashed up place, its a smashed up place with injured maybe even dead coppers. Yes its down to resources available and as I have said, if it happens tonight with triple the amount then we have a severe crisis in the Met Police that needs to be addressed and a situation that will get to the point where people will have no choice but to defend themselves and their family.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Perhaps the police are afraid to get involved. Experience shows that if they get involved and hurt someone they'll get sued. We all want the police to react robustly with these scumbags, but all think its "police brutality" when someone gets bruised. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Regardless, there are reports of large numbers of police being injured.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join