It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Well they wont do it, after all they have implemented their 5 year policy before a General Election can take place. This country is going to be worse off, at the end of their term, that is for sure.

And if anyone thinks this is the end of any riots in the UK your mistaking, there will be alot more of these riots, protests once the real cuts come into effect.

This country is in for some turbulent times that is for sure.
edit on 13-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The police could have been taken by surprise on the first night, but they should know how to react on the second and the third shouldn't have happened.

The mantra is a simple one. Do not organise a response until sufficient force is available.

The Police had to call in all kinds of people from all over the country, cancel leave and recall staff in order to amass.

The phrase "the thin blue line" is VERY apt here.

By night 3 they had sufficent force - had something broken out they would have hit it very hard indeed - and thats precisely why no trouble happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
By night 3 they had sufficent force - had something broken out they would have hit it very hard indeed - and thats precisely why no trouble happened.

Wasn't night three the one from August 8 to August 9?

August 10 saw the hit-and-run killing of three people and the now famous attack on that Malaysian student.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And what annoys e is the Government trying to take the responsibility of sorting this all out. Yuh for sure where were they, when this first broke out oh yes I forgot on Holiday!

Video I found on you tube sums it all up really!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
As usual, when I want to have a broad picture of what is happening here, I look to the foreign newss stations because especially RT they say what the see and I have seen a con siderable amount of footage of the riots that the government's pet channels here don't show.

In England the news emphasis is on looters and criminals. Abroad though its a different perspective, one of simply too many people for too few jobs consequently creating an under class with no hope. This view I totally concur with. I notice that our government though won't acknowledge any of this reasoning and that fop Cameron with the silver spoon is demanding zero tolerance, course he is because he doesn't want any upheavel to his comfortable little world. Too many people complaining and his and his friends little world isn't so comfortable any more.

The cuts that are still coming in are huge, yet he is still mirauding around in Afganistan, Libya and he is filing extra aid to Africa. That money should have been invested here and as he is on tv today chattering about change, perhaps the greatest change needs to be done by him and his policies. I voted for Nick Clegg and I still wish he had got in, I do feel we need a change from the Con /Lab swing in politics we have suffered in this country for years.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't blame politicians for going on holiday that is their right to do so like any other human being. If something goes wrong in their country yes come back to try and sort it out it is logical but things happen all the time and you can not blame holidays for something not going right with the country.

By the way this is the only time I'll stick up for politicans.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Im not blaming them for going on holiday, I am criticizing them for the time that took them to return to the UK. 3 days into the riots before Cameron decided to return to the UK, then he comes rolling in taking all the responsibility for getting to grips with the riots. Ridiculous. Now he is politicizing the Police where he should not be doing so. This is a slippery slope which he is taken.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
To make thing worse Channel 4 last night aired a documentary about the underground homeless in New York.
Now i knew that these places exist, but until you see something like that you realise 'by the grace of God go i!'
It was nothing short of shocking! Hell on Earth is an understatement. Left down there to rot with their poor abused animals. It really was terrible. In the end i had to switch off.
The more i see things like that the more i feel such distain for this government.
The LA Police cheif on the tele the other night with a big sickly smerk on his face. Made my skin crawl!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Oks to get outside advise, as long as he is not appointed to take over the Police over all.

That is what would disgust me. Just shows how much respect Cameron and Co have for the UK Police Force. ZERO. And there should not be cuts in the force.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Seems to me cameron is turning his own people against eachother, something he critisises eveyone else for.
Looks like even the Police are telling him to take a running jump!
Sad that many poeple were hurt and killed, but it just proves you can't take it with you! As for the Asian gentleman that were run down. What possessd them to stand in the way of a car full of adrenalin charged lunatics? The Thai boy with the rucksack? Poor kid at the wrong place at the wrong time! Since the Charles De Mendez case, i would say rucksacks are'nt exactly a fashion accessory or even an item for usefulness anymore.
I would stick to a bright pink dolly trolly!
I would like to see Ed Milliband make political capital out of this and rub it in the noses of the simpletons that voted in the tories in the first place. How clegg can sleep at night i don't know!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

They were protecting their neighborhood, the Police were doing nothing about it. That is why they were standing out, silly to stand out on the road I agree,.

As to the rest of your comment Agrees.

Aprt from Ed Miliband, just something about him, I dont like. He is just another David Cameron really.
edit on 15-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

<< 14  15  16   >>

join