It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just posted this in another thread:

"Apparently about 150 Millwall and Charlton lads, not EDL but 'proper boys', are patrolling their local area defying anyone who intends to riot.

Vigilantes or concerned citizens protecting their community?"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

A teenager from Glasgow has been arrested after a message was posted on Facebook allegedly inciting others to commit acts of disorder. The 16-year-old was detained during an operation in the city's south side at 12:40 on Monday.

Possibility of this spreading North of the UK...

BBC NEWS

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whoever thinks this is a revolution.
I suggest you watch this video.

edit on 9-8-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

Quite the revolutionaries aren't they?

More like bullying scumbags!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Just posted this in another thread:

"Apparently about 150 Millwall and Charlton lads, not EDL but 'proper boys', are patrolling their local area defying anyone who intends to riot.

Vigilantes or concerned citizens protecting their community?"

Do you know what people in the anarchist groups say about "heroes?" It isn't nice. These people are targetting for getting in the way of their righteous cause.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsavagemikexx
my friend lives in birmingham, apperently, they have had someone try and break in multipule times, as well as her car, which was outside, overturned, this is really scary. my heart goes out to all those people just trying to make it through the night.

In the recent riot in Vancouver, the rioters were quite happy to go after the cars of young women who happened to have parked downtown.

You know, in the spirit of the "people's revolution" I guess burning and stomping the cars of 22 year old women is "cool."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It just been announced on TV that Duggan had a round in the chamber of the gun ready to fire - So it looks like the police were justified in shooting him.

Revolution - I don't think so - Why attach Miss Selfridge in Manchester - Don't they know where the council offices, the banks or the houses of parliament are

Anarchy is a nasty beast that when awakened will bite the nearest person to it.

The result of this will be a new youth club that nobody wants - what these people need is a future that they cannot see.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
No not at all.

This little skirmish will

be quickly resolved.

The fires will stop,

the rioters

will run out of steam.

Over done

everyone needs to stay calm

quit freaking out,

you will scaRe the little ones.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

It's the little one's who are at play right now but if they don't start behaving pretty sharpish the big boys are getting ready to come out to play and teach them a lesson.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
no revolution here!! in fact the longer the idiots of our nation keep acting out! the further we get from what really caused this mess!!! and guess what he DID NOT!! shoot at police!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Rosha

Not exactly the smartest tack in the tin are they.

It was dumb people that brought Khomenei into Iran, not smart ones.

History can be learned from.

Yes, but you cant start anything from inside the lockup can you?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

Get your head out the sand. The rich are rich because they made something of themselves, they tried in school. SIMPLE!

many rich people are rich because of inheritance...and many who tried in school..have become professionals that don't go after the almighty dollar. Sorry ..but have to tell you that many..NOT ALL..of the rich are rich cause they are greedy,and they don't care who they screw over to make the cash.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I completely agree, in these times any kind of event gets exploited in anyway. Any cause gets twisted by greedy thieves. We need the true victims to come out and fight for their cause so that people can have the opportunity to see the real issue and so we can disregard the dirty criminals on the side.
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Having witnessed one revolution and two attempts (one from the far left, the other from the far right) at counter-revolution, I see these events as nothing more than groups of people trying their luck at committing crimes while protected by their numbers.

In other words, cowards trying to look bigger than they are in the eyes of their fellow criminals.

PS: I don't know if things are the same in the UK, but most insurances do not cover vandalism, revolution or war, so most of the affected people will not get money even if they have insurance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Stop talking senjse otherwise the rest will have nothing to talk about.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd like a definition of "rich."

I'd just like to know what to expect when these idiots come in my direction. The definition of your enemy seems rather relaxed. I just like to know where I fit into your World View, so I can pick sides.
edit on 2011/8/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

Its going to be interesting because now the adults of the generation are taking to the streets to clean up and I have heard rumors about them now taking to the streets to protect property etc.

This is a what if of course but....

What if one of them or more are attacked by police?

That might just start a swing maybe.

Then Bang!
edit on 9-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Let the police/military do their job. The clean up will still be there tomorrow. The broken glass isn't going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

that is certainly what the government and the media want you to believe.

we will only see in the next week or two if this is the case.

the numbers of people who have now nothing left to loose are swelling.

people who still have jobs and can purchase for their families cannot understand this and are referrring to it as criminality on a massive scale. so many people are now long term unemployed. they cannot do anything for their families. they have no hope.

since the crisis in 2008 colleges across the planet are also pouring out young people who have no futures , no career prospects. when these people get involved , thats when the real trouble will start.

this might be a flash in the pan but its an example of whats coming down the road. especially seeing the last week or two in the markets.

Yea niceone....
So tearing up the whole of London is not criminality on a massive scale?
You say the number of people who now have nothing is swelling, that's true, but most of the kids out there are all wearing Adidas or other DESIGNER clothes...funny that.

I got to say this is far from a revolution.
It's a riot, smash, grab, loot, burn and tear it all up is what's happening.
These people couldnt organize a piss up in a brewery between them, it's pure anarchy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Absolutely agree woodwardjnr.

This started out on the Blackwater estate (again) due to the questionable death of a young man involving armed police, which has yet to be fully investigated by The PCC.

The other violence around the country is simply due opportunistic scumbags taking the chance to steal, loot and cause mayhem while the bulk of the police were otherwise occupied. They're not interested in justice, nor the bloke that dies, only what they can get their thieving hands on.

It has nothing to do with the economy either, just pure animalistic scum indulging themselves in an orgy of looting and criminal damage.

Frankly, i'm amazed that many people have not been killed, some very nearly were burnt to death in my old stomping ground Croydon.

They'll be caught and treated to a lengthy stay at her Majesty's pleasure pretty soon i'd expect, and bloody good riddance too.

I've even emailed my county police and told them my services are at their disposal should they need extra bodies on the streets.

NOT a revolution, just arseholes out on the make.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join