It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A revolution? For what? For a society that is ruled by the whims of spoiled boys?

Screw that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

I think I know how you look at it. Like international communities , you call them criminals . It depends on which country you are looking at . It depends on if the rioted country is on your side or not. if the country is on your side , the protesters are criminals and if the country is on the other side , the protesters are righteous .

down , down , ....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

A revolution? For what? For a society that is ruled by the whims of spoiled boys?

Thats really funny and Pretty sad
i guess your not worried that people in Britain dont have Jobs or Money no of course not you dont view that rioting as a revolution in a western country.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Anyone saying that this isn't a revolution is in denial. So what they are chavs and criminals? Just because you don't like the cause of the revolution doesn't mean that it isn't one. This is a revolution for anarchy, finally the gov/police are realizing that people are born to be free and they can't control everyone.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It isn't a revolution. A revolution has a reason. There is no reason here. It is a pile of stupid doing stupid.

Their grandparents ate far less in their youth. They had far less.

Is poverty a reason? It can be. NOT HAVING A GAMEBOY ISN'T A REVOLUTION. Only in this case, they merely don't have the BEST most recent gameboy.

Most of the riots in the other areas aren't revolutions either. There are some people looking to impose a religious theocracy on their neighbours.

Revolution my arse.

In a revolution for something better, you may assume that I'll be there. You may assume, as most people who know me do, that I'll probably be one of the people leading it.

A revolution of drunks and idiots wanting a TV to sell on ebay isn't revolution. It is a frackin' travesty of stupidity.
edit on 2011/8/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
The welfare state. For example, out of work benefits, child benefits, houising benefit. These scumbags rake in thousands per month pay tax on their benefits and then assume that because their poor 'innit they can take what they want. I say # them.

If the welfare state were working for these people, they would not be in the conditions they are. WHY do they need unemployment benefits? Why do they need assistance to feed their kids? Why do they need assistance to pay the rent? And WHY does the state fail to follow through on these promises so often?

Get your head out the sand. The rich are rich because they made something of themselves, they tried in school. SIMPLE!

You're the one with your head in a hole, if you really think this. If this were the case, then surely all of the people who study hard, learn well, and work hard would be rolling in the dough; they're not. I'm not. You're not. Your argument is actually propaganda promulgated by the very class in question to try to numb you to the reality.

(I classify myself as poor but I don't think I have a right to go out thieving.

That's because there is no such "right." The people smashing and looting are acting outside the bounds of civil society, for sure. This doesn't change the fact that their condition is what it is because the system has failed them, or that people like you are actively striving for that failure.

Also, I don't blame it all on the rich white mans evils. Which is exactly what these pieces of crap are doing. Notice what colour faces are present at these riots?)

No, but it seems like you're blaming it all on the poor brown people's evils. Nice touch there.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Not exactly the smartest tack in the tin are they.

It was dumb people that brought Khomenei into Iran, not smart ones.

History can be learned from.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No. this isnt a revolution... to be a revolution the masses have to be behind the perpetrators. one search of social networking e.g. #ukriots show that the mass population of the UK condone the violence. people of london going out off their own backs and sweeping the streets and cleaning up the mess from last night show that people are not for this "revolution"

the people involved are Revolting yes, but no this isnt a Revolution!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Wouldn't that just be maintaining the status quo?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There be revolution and there be cause!

That cause be freedom of government! Anarchy!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It isn't a revolution. A revolution has a reason. There is no reason here. It is a pile of stupid doing stupid.

The Rioting in UK is a part of the revolution and that revolution has a reason i could say the same thing about Libya or Syria they dont have a reason.

A revolution of drunks and idiots wanting a TV to sell on ebay isn't revolution. It is a frackin' travesty of stupidity.

And thats the same thing in Libya and Syria revolution of drunks and drug attics wanting to be westernized isn't a revolution
edit on 9-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I'm gonna go rob a bank now and knock over a few liqueur stores on the way with some friends of mine. We're not doing it to be criminals, but to be freedom fighters!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Their grandparents ate far less in their youth. They had far less.

Their grandparents were the inheritors of a nation and economy gutted by war. There was not much to be had. Now there's lots to be had... just not for certain sectors of the community. In their grandparents' time, everyone had it rough. Today there is a gigantic gap between those who have and those who have not.

Is poverty a reason? It can be. NOT HAVING A GAMEBOY ISN'T A REVOLUTION. Only in this case, they merely don't have the BEST most recent gameboy.

Good thing it's not about a gameboy then.

Most of the riots in the other areas aren't revolutions either. There are some people looking to impose a religious theocracy on their neighbours.

Revolution my arse.

Being poorly informed to the point of gross ignorance is not a solid foundation for a debate position.

In a revolution for something better, you may assume that I'll be there. You may assume, as most people who know me do, that I'll probably be one of the people leading it.

Then i'm surprised you're not among them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Can people please stop talking about this in any sense other than mindless violence....

i get that it is poor people... i get they have no hope so they are stealing what things they feel they need... flat screen tv's and whiskey isnt exactly going to better your life though.. these are narrow minded people stealing crappy material goods,

They are not targeting banks and other establishments causing the issues, they are not attacking government buildings and job centers and all the things not helping them...

they are stealing for mindless, needless reasons.... and acting like animals....

this is just going to be the TA brought in to get keep people in order becausr the police cant handle it.. then the army....

Also... do you think that britain is very end of the eighties america... race based Riots that arnt to do with race but to do with the poor, packed prison system.. no real outlook for jobs especially for minorities?
you think august 12 2011 will be britains April 26 1992? just heard the riots have moved to manchester... thats a coutry wide issue now

Strangest thing is... how easy would it be to stir stuff up... to get people to riot... to get the media somthing to watch that isnt current financial situation?? it all seems a little too...... easy and well timed dont you think?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

So its true? Sounds similar to Egypt or other countries where the elite and dictators are haves and the rioters are the have nots and people call them thugs and terrorists.

WTF!!?? You obviously haven't got a clue whats going on.
These 'have nots' as you call them ARE thugs and they ARE terrorising innocent people.
Hard working, self employed are losing their livelihoods, shops are being trashed, local people are being attacked.
This isn't a joke pal and you should check your facts before you start supporting these spineless cowards.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Aeons

Wouldn't that just be maintaining the status quo?

How do you suppose that setting fire to someone's apartment is going to improve things?

You got a vote. Use it. Voting, and then living the consequences of your votes isn't revolution material.

Looting Uncle Tom's Fix-It Shop isn't going to close the gap between the poor whose parents live on the dole, and the rich who aren't the owner's of Uncle Tom's Fix-It Shop.

Idiocy. Adding political nonsense onto little boys who want to hawk stolen Guccis.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see them when the revolution for anarchy! This is very interesting indeed and I hope they win because I want to see how will things turn out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This isn't a revolution.

Plain and simple.

It is a mob, rioting and looting for the sake of it. Its scum being scum.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is - frankly - sadly misinformed or delusional.

Its interesting that the British posters are telling it like it is, and yet people from other countries just seem to want to spin it into their own fantasies.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
my friend lives in birmingham, apperently, they have had someone try and break in multipule times, as well as her car, which was outside, overturned, this is really scary. my heart goes out to all those people just trying to make it through the night.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is an attack on society - not the rulers of society. Do they have a purpose? I'd guess that they do, but I doubt many of the rioters know what it truly is, any more than a soldier on a battle field knows what's going on in the war room.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join