It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Hardly a revoloution if the only people supporting it are the people who depend on the state the most.

...You're aware that it's the wealthy who depend on the government the most, right?

Right now the police are standing by and letting these people smash up a poorer part of town. The moment the horde moves towards somewhere with money, watch some skulls get cracked.

Then tell me who gets the most out of the state.

The welfare state. For example, out of work benefits, child benefits, houising benefit. These scumbags rake in thousands per month pay tax on their benefits and then assume that because their poor 'innit they can take what they want. I say # them.

Get your head out the sand. The rich are rich because they made something of themselves, they tried in school. SIMPLE!

(I classify myself as poor but I don't think I have a right to go out thieving. Also, I don't blame it all on the rich white mans evils. Which is exactly what these pieces of crap are doing. Notice what colour faces are present at these riots?)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What you see now does not need to be the revolution.

It could be the catalyst.

A catalyst for what? Better or worse?

I dont think even a few thousand of these obvious clueless thugs are going to spike a lasting revolution. I mean..who loots then posts their stash on youtube with their face on the video?? Hello? Not exactly the smartest tack in the tin are they.
They are not looting food ( viva french revolution and mass starvation), they're not working so its not a tax or workers revolution, they're not protesting or representing anything...they're just looting fraking PLAYSTATIONS and NIKE joggers!
They are just dumbed down puppets being remotely controlled by a virus media machine run by capitalists and as they are they are just a ready made mob force for someone elses political and maniacal control agenda.
And thats all they are...a 'useful' mob to somebody....and can they work it out themselves and stop buying into it? I dont think so.

As a mob of thugs the only threat they do pose is how they affect others and in that they have seemingly gained exceeding power in that they have manged to get even people here, otherwise anti-military anti-capitalist/necon and anarchist freedom fighters all calling for a full scale military incursion on the streets of London!
What a coup!

I say give them none...hand no power to affect to them. If this is the way they think change will come, deny it to them..hold fast to what you know...compell them back to the source of their misery - themselves- give them real and meaningful consequences for their actions and point them to self responsibility for their individual inner circumstances. Show them the processes of change that the rest of us have to work through, and offer the hand of reason and perserverance and just clean up..arrest who you can lock them up to serve their time for crime and move on.

These people need to be reminded they live in a very unfair world and as a *part* of the relativly overprivilliged world- having water and toilets and beds and food today- they need to grow the fk up and stop b*tching!
1300 women were raped today alone in Congo most under the age of 13...every 3.6 seconds someone dies of hunger, 15 million children die of hunger every year on this planet, 3 billion people in the world today struggle to survive on US$2/day ( without rioting ) - so there are better things to protest....and more effective ways to make change happen. They just have to stop the 'gimme gimme' sh*t and get involved.
Its not what these people dont have or do have that needs to change its how they think!

So you teach people to think! You cant do that by doing their thinking for them! If the UK continues to try and do that....then expect more..bigger..longer...as soon as they know they can force you to act against your own will and reason, and as soon as they become cognizant they can take what you have worked hard for whenever they want on any premise they might conjur up or worse, on no premise at all - your done for.

R

ps:
Maybe all that Moloc worship "cremating of care" ritual # they're doing every year at bogrove is starting to have an affect....sigh...they just dont.. c a r e.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Rosha because: additions

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A revolution?

Bollocks.

It's a whole bunch of people who are using the opportunity to go on the rob.

Yeah people are pissed off, and probably more so than normal....but it's certainly no organised, co-ordinated attempt at regime change.

And to those non-Brits - there's a damn sight more to Britain and England than London and I assure you the vast majority of it will not be rioting and despite the vast majority of us being at least as equally pissed off we feel very little affinity or allegiance with these rioters.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I love that woman. Give her a medal!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

See above for an interactive map. I must admit I was a wee bit concerned in a couple of areas, but where friends and family are, it's all good.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

This is no way, shape or form any kind of Revolution.

I Could say the same thing about Egypt and Libya just so that we are fair. To that.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Look...I and I'm sure alot of people here have been on their arse and had to rely on the state at some time or other.
Whilst it's not a phenomenal amount of money it's doable. We can still scrimp a little to make sure our kids get their Xboxes at Christmas, we can save or get our LCD tellies out of a bloody catalogue. It's hard but we can if we try.
We don't send little Jonny out mugging grannies or looting Armani!

Revolution my arse! These scumbags are making everyone look bad.
There is simply not enough Police to deal with this - They have their hands tied by the Risk Assessment geezer. (I hope that copper who shoved and killed the bloke at the summit is happy now)
They are running around London like blue arsed flies - many normal bobbies in woefully inadequate uniform sitting ducks. All they can do it try cordon off areas that have been hit by arsonists so that the Firemen can get in without being attacked themselves. The riot cops who were out Saturday & Sunday night would have been barred from going out last night even if they wanted to. You can bet the call was made all round the country for back up by 6pm but by 8pm our own boroughs would have panicked - expecting this to spread - Knowing if backup WAS sent then they themselves would be sitting ducks.

Don't try to make this some glorious revolution by the downtrodden. Most of us in Britain are #ing downtrodden. This is just complete lack of respect and lawlessness.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It seems obvious that most people are not allowing this to be considered a revolution as it does not fit the criteria in their revolution handbook. I find that pretty amusing. Its almost as if people have been brainwashed.

Anyway, in most peoples book this is mindless criminalty. The Prime minister and the media are shoving it down our throats that this behaviour is simply mindless criminalty. Most people here seem to agree with them. I expect most people with a job would consider this criminal behaviour.

Maybe the title of the thread is wrong. Maybe it should read 'Breakdown in civil society in the UK?

Do people think that all those people who have been left behind and have no opputunties in life will simply dissappear by magic? Really? Hmmm

Maybe this is actually the start of something more serious than a revolution? Maybe its the start of a war.
A war between the "Haves" and the "Have nots" . That could be scary. I'm pretty sure the "have nots" outnumber the other side by a fairly large number.

(I'm sure some smart-as s will change that to chav and chav nots.so you dont need to now)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The start of a War?
That's possibly very correct.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Two things struck me about these mobs. Had they organized into one voice, they may have been heard. Instead they chose to destroy neighborhoods and communities, and to steal for themselves. Revolution is not about getting stuff out of a vandalized store. It's about being heard. Wasted opportunity. Not revolution.

Secondly, while police stood by (not all of them but many), local groups of Turkish shopkeepers, and Sikhs set up groups to protect their communities. Amazingly, everyone else stayed away. Where were the EDL (who obviously hate Turks and Sikhs)? Not doing a thing!

This isn't a revolution. It's opportunistic thieving and thuggery. Revolution is where you protect what is yours.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why would they feel they had to steal ipads, cell phones, and nice shoes though?
Is it because these items are off limits to them the normal way? I think so.
You don't buy an ipad when you are on the public dole. You're lucky to buy your toilet paper every week.
People with jobs and a bit of security just can't see that?

Criminals can be made by society.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Do people think that all those people who have been left behind and have no opputunties in life will simply dissappear by magic? Really? Hmmm

Johny I grew up with nothing..no parents..no home - out on the street at 11..all that goes with that - the works.
I didnt and do not feel entitled to terrorise, loot and steal and never once did. I dont think its any way to 'help myself' by demanding others help me.
Today I am employed, have a modest rental home, paying off a car, and living a peaceful life as part of a community - all of which I have earned, learned, budgeted for, saved for or gone without for.
I was a 'left behind'...in every sense of that term from the get go until I pulled myself out of it for and by myself...being the recep[tical of everyone elses crap, inhumanity and mindlessness was never an excuse for this kind of crap.

You keep giving them excuses..they will take them. I have never ever been so grateful as to have had nothing given to me but my as* kicked from here to kingdom come.

R

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Why would they feel they had to steal ipads, cell phones, and nice shoes though?
Is it because these items are off limits to them the normal way? I think so.
You don't buy an ipad when you are on the public dole. You're lucky to buy your toilet paper every week.
People with jobs and a bit of security just can't see that?

Criminals can be made by society.

I dont have an ipad...cant afford one...so I dont get one. Simple.

>second line

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

everyone on fb are against the rioters people who didnt like the govt last week love them today. Iv seen people wishing we had a dictatorship and should send the army in to control the people. Its more like a case of devide and conquor before it gets that far imo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I can't help wandering if in Libya, the media are refering to the looters as 'rebels'.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Considering the involvement of the Met in the phone hacking scandal and Murdoch's involvement in Sky I found this from the BBC's live feed a little troubling.

1418: Sir Hugh Orde, Chief Constable and President of the Association of Chief Police Officers, tells Sky News the service responded "magnificantly" to the riots.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

i guess if everyone was a good citizen like you we would not have any problems. but you see, thats not how it works. people are different.

i don't even want the new mobiles and trainers and ipads. i see what has to happen for us to get these products. i know how the wealthier countries use and abuse the poorer countries. its disgusting and probably even evil what the wealthier countries are doing to their poorer neighbours.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hey guys, what would people be saying if this was is a muslim country?

"We must support the English rebels, they fight for justice whereas their government is corrupt."

"The British Rebels are the legitimate government of England" - France

"A NATO peace keeping force should be deployed to protect the lives of the democratic rebels under the new R2P concept." - Random American

*Maybe something like hat...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I see the Met police are now saying that they are expecting mass disorder this evening.

I think I have discovered who is behind these violent disturbances;

some may find this video disturbing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am a firm advocate of direct action but can not support the wanton destruction of local businsses and properties for no other reason than personal gain.

Revolution is a direct attempt at regime change.
Whilst current events may have been fuelled and fed by feelings of anger, bitterness, alienation, injustice etc they have no specific political or social objective or goal and are nothing more than random acts of violent looting and destruction.

Without knowing all of the facts I find it impossible at present to either completely condone or condemn but sympathise for those whose property has been destroyed or damaged.
These aren't large corporate or banking institutions but small, local business people simply trying to make an honest living.
edit on 9/8/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join