It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I doubt most people rioting in London are old enough to remember this song, so I decided to make a little video with their own photos.

Make no mistake, it may have been caused under the pretense of "racial profiling" -- but the underlying cause isn't about race. Feel free to share and spread this video. The media is focused on the economy and not the widespread rioting in London (or elsewhere).

In my opinion, never look or watch what you've been told.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I was just watching the news and they had a bit about the London riots. I had no idea it was so extreme. It looks like some type of revolution. What is motivating these people to riot like this? Perhaps the big brother overload got to them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Is it me or is the track of 'April 26, 1992' you put to this a cover?

Just doesn't sound like the original 'Sublime' track

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
hi
its getting out of hand
the met police are sending 13000 police and volunteers by tonight
there is talk of the army stepping in also

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
im in northamptonshire and hearing reports of it spreading to smaller towns wheather this is hearsay i dunno, but i personally believe its nwo in action, a convergance of events (economic, china calling for global currency reserve, then we have the global unrest, calling for more enforcement and even the military here in the uk, we are building our own prison here, and before too long it will be too late to carry on our normal lives, these riots in london may be orchastrated to get a reaction from or people and to create a solution suited for tptb.

you mke your mind up but do it soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I was just watching the news and they had a bit about the London riots. I had no idea it was so extreme. It looks like some type of revolution. What is motivating these people to riot like this? Perhaps the big brother overload got to them.

The thought of being able to get away with it mostly.

A small group of family and friends of a supposed gang member protesting his shooting death by police (hesitant to call it murder because nobody but those involved know the truth yet) had their protest hijacked by people intent on destruction as protests generally seem to have happen and then other idiots decided it'd be fun to do the same elsewhere and grab some free stuff and set things on fire just because.

Nothing to do with "big brother" or people "sick of government" because it's mostly the teens and 20 year olds who only ever care about themselves anyway and put my age group to shame.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

yes i think we all heard the official news report. sheep

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm 28 and was a little to young at the time to fully understand what it was like to live in the ghettos of LA -- but the song reverberated well into my teens as a lesson of what can happen when the divide between the classes becomes a chasm.

I'm not a videographer, nor am I a documentarian. I see resonances with the underclass of the UK and the poverty stricken people of LA back in '92. An excuse is all it takes to light the match.

People are wondering why the Bobbies (is that still a term used in the UK?) or police weren't/aren't more heavy-handed.

I'll tell you why. As we all have seen in Egypt, police/military action begets more rioting and violence. I believe the strategy was one of containment. Let the punks wear themselves out without a reason to escalate the violence.

These riots remind me of an old cult classic called, "The Warriors"

Does anyone else remember that film?

new topics

top topics

join