It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches to Read Torah as Others Read Koran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Whoa! Whoa! Slow down Christians!! Even though either reading the Torah or the Qu'ran might seem like a nice gesture. I feel that so many Christians twist the Torah around and for one do not trust Christians reading my holy books. That is how I grew up to see Christians who try to convert you to their faith. This is for other Jews out there! Stay kosher. Jews for Judaism!
article

Churches in the U.S. are preparing to read sections of the Torah on Sunday, August 13, in a show of solidarity with Israel and the Jewish people. The move is a response to an initiative by a group of churches that read from the Muslim Koran during their services on Sunday, June 26. According to the Faith Shared project, which initiated the Koran reading, 66 churches from 32 states joined that effort.

The date in the article says June 26 but the article was posted today? Doesn't make sense!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Oh yeah you prefer the murder of innocent children over a different god? i support this 100% this will eventually show who the real evil is once most of us are together.

was referred to as Chrislam i laughed at first, but apparently its actually real. im overcome with joy that this is actually real.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
Oh yeah you prefer the murder of innocent children over a different god? i support this 100% this will eventually show who the real evil is once most of us are together.

What in the world are you talking about? Are you saying any person who believes in God(s) or any other deities want to kill people? That is so far from the truth! I wonder what Atheist think when they reply to threads like this.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

These religions have all killed eachother over the years (crusades etc) why would you not want to bring them together?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

As you can read my first post I don't want to. Everything we have tried has killed someone. But I want the Holy Torah and Judaism off the hands of Christians! All Christians seem to support Zionism. Do you see any of them coming to help Jewish people or even encourage them to be Jewish? No! I have read from so many Jews that they are doing everything in their power to convert the Jews and destroy the Jewish faith. This is why I don't trust Christians.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Philosofic thought of the day

edit on 9-8-2011 by coolnet12see because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by coolnet12see

It's a dead link!
Fix it!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Satan is an angel who can only tempt people to sin. Satan doesn't kill anyone in Judaism. Lucifer was a Babylonian king. Surprising! We believe in different beliefs then the Christians.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I must say i am not too familiar with the Torah. So the jews don't believe in hell?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The current life is what is important. Like, living for God, living your life, etc. I have been repeatedly told there is no hell. There is the resurrection during the Messiah age. A lot the concepts you hear about Original sin and what not is foreign to Judaism.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Errr Hello !

Christians can never "destroy" the Jewish faith because you have to be born into it for the best part. Of course know conversion exists, but still.

Plus the Torah is the old testement.

And it is still the same God !

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Well, it is different. Since Christians have translated verses and text differently to support Jesus and we have a different concept of God. No Trinity or One God and Three Persons.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolnet12see

I must say i am not too familiar with the Torah. So the jews don't believe in hell?

I have found some information that should be helpful. Tell what you think of this article discussing heaven and hell in Judaism.
Article

This is from an old email I received a while back.

Why is there no hell? Because God is a LOVING God, a loving parent. And just as a parent when they need to punish a child limit the punish, so too does God limit the punishment. The idea of Gehenna is a LIMITED time in which the soul is confronted with its unrepented sins from life. It feels shame, like fire burning it, for these sins. The more sins, the longer the time and the more the "fires of burning" (shame) are felt. We are taught that the longest that this lasts for is twelve months- we say Kadish (the memorial prayer for the dead) daily for 11 months to help the soul (the merit of the living descendants help the dead- thus many people undertake to do good deads in the name of the deceased)- but we limit it to 11 months since we do not want to imply that anyone is so evil that they would merit to have to be punished for longer than that. The closest to an eternal punishment is the punishment of kares (spiritual excission) which is stated for specific transgressions (amongst them murder, incest, idoltary, sodomy). This means the soul is eternally cut off from entering the world to come and God's presence, and feels its shame without end.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well thats because Christianity was derived from Judaism, its just a copycat religion, with a twist to differentiate itself.

I wouldn't worry too much though, Judaism will always be around in its purest form

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Well the Christian faith is not a direct successor and even the groups acting more Jewish are getting it wrong!!

But of course HaShem will always be looking out for us and our faith.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I will tell you what this Atheist thinks.

I have no quibble with people who wish to be religious and in my view, having been brought up as a Christian by my father, a Church Of England priest, who also encouraged me to explore the teachings of other religions, I don't see that this can do any harm PROVIDED people of persuasions other than the source document do not make attempts to interpret it in the light of their religious ideas.

Obviously those listening will make their own interpretations, but the Authority of the Church should not prognosticate as to the meanings of the religious texts of others. But read them - yes indeed they should.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ahhh it's all one big multi-cultural, multi-religious happy family.

Now if we could address the conflict in Ireland, Israel, Palestine - y'know.... where people of different faiths are killing each other's children.

top topics

join