It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Disaster Strikes...Do You Have A Plan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
We all know that something not good is going to happen to our planet soon. Some of us have even experienced unfortunate earthly disasters. But, our mother earth is trying to warn us right now that she is pissed off and getting ready to go into a rampage at a level not seen in the memory of modern man. Do you have a plan? Can you make fire without conventional methods? Do you know the 5 survival keys, ( fire, shelter, fresh water, food, weapon)? Do you know where you are going to evacuate your family & yourself? Do you know where the nuclear power plants are between you & your destination? Do you know how to filter water? Can you get to your destination without a car? When the unthinkable happens, you have to have a plan, at least 4 days of supplies and you are going to do alot of walking. Stick to the high ground.
Be prepared for anything.
I encourage posters to offer tips for survival to your fellow man here. Peace & good luck!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Good advice

edit on 9-8-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
PROTIP:

What im doing is printing out guides to survival and keeping them in a safe p-lace as well as perishable food items. As well as water distillation kits, lighters, flint, cures to different disease you can run into in the wild. Etc. get to work guys

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Just looking at the history of our planet, she is violent. Not taking into account of nuclear facilities going bad due to natural disaster. Depending on where you live, you need to research and have an escape plan.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SurvivalInstinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I suppose I can add a couple tips I've worked out for myself here. First, old hard side chest coolers work wonders as a storage container for emergency supplies. They close airtight, they float and they can take a lot of abuse falling onto them without damage to what is inside. Just don't forget plenty of silica packs.

The second is my solution to the battery problem. I bought these years ago, so I can't tell you where but the item isn't that unique. It's simply a multi-cell, multi-size solar battery charger x 3 of them. I tested them when I got them and they work. I figure they'll hold a combined load sufficient to cover a few of my Mag-Lites if necessary.

Hope it helps someone!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurvivalInstinct
We all know that something not good is going to happen to our planet soon.

No, actually we dont ALL know that at all.
I'm seeing no evidence for this whatsoever, despite all the doomsdayers talk.

Thats not to say a plan isnt a good idea. Of course it is. At any moment your house could catch fire, a big chemical leak destroys your neigbourhood, a meteor strike kills your town, economic collapse in your country, etc...
But to say the earth is getting ready to go on a RAMPAGE (your words) is just stupid and stirs up unrest in the gullible people.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Remember, garlic is a very good natural antibiotic, not cooked but raw. Would you know how to grow garlic? Think ahead.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Alfa, do you need a mountain blowing up in front of you before you realize that there is a problem? When the bad happens, you will not have time to put your shoes on. I am not talking about the end of the world, I am talking about trying to survive through a disaster.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Alfa1...It's ignorant people like you who get killed and usually take people with you for being stupid when things go wrong.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SurvivalInstinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurvivalInstinct
Alfa1...It's ignorant people like you who get killed

Gee... you know I was actually hoping that you'd reply with some kind of evidence showing the earth is about to go on some kind of a RAMPAGE, but all I got back was a personal insult.

For the record...
I have backup supplies at home.
I have backup supplies in the car.
I have a small amount of backup supplies at work.
I have backup supplies at my parents place many hours from here.
I agree getting prepared is a very good idea. Everyone people should do it.
but
I do not agree that earth "is pissed off and getting ready to go into a rampage at a level not seen in the memory of modern man".

new topics

top topics

join