It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says U.S. 'will be taught the mother of all lessons'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
peace

it's a shame everyone just jumped on this and began to criticize iran. it sounds like foolish propaganda all the way. i could be wrong though.

eyenonothing

Isn't that amazing

Most people jump to conclusions without even thinking twice if its the truth or a propoganda or a hacktivist job.

Such is the power of MSM and Internet.

If you look at the website's contact list, you will see it is Washington DC based.
WEBSITE_CONTACT

Also who would be stupid enough to reveal specifically that they will attack the electrical grid ?

edit on 9-8-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
the only reason we are attacked is because the government allows us to be attacked to gain advantages not just in the long run, but to construe the knowledge and impressions it has upon people. don't be fooled.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Can't help thinking how convenient it would be if Iran carried out such an attack and the evidence of the massive financial crimes which have been and are being committed are lost. Oh and maybe all our individual bank a/c details would be lost too.

It has long been my impression that US/Iran are playing out good cop/bad cop roles and working for the exact same agenda. This once again raises my suspicious.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Cyberwarfare is big business. One zero-day exploit can sell for up to $250,000; Stuxnet had four zero-day exploits. Established bot-nets can be rented as well, so it makes you wonder who's really pushing for all this? Is it the governments, the cyber-community or both? What has our world become?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I know the answer to this riddle. Behold, I come as a theif. I am the gate. I am the light. You would have never known it was me. Jesus Christ! Word.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

this is a quote from the dumb ass bbc article that starting all the misunderstanding about the subject.

edit on 9-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
By splitting data into packets and threading them on the same line, the carrying capacity of that link could be boosted and the whole network made more powerful.

Roger Scantlebury, who worked with Dr Davies, presented the ideas about "packet switching" to a conference in the US, where they were picked up by the creators of the nascent Arpanet, the fledgling internet.

Does that mean Britain invented the internet?

"Yes and no," said Mr Scantlebury. "Certainly the underlying technology of the internet, which is packet switching, we did invent."

British researchers also worked on hyperlinks, another crucial Internet technology, way back in the early 1970s.

David Yates was project manager of a program called Scrapbook which rolled together word processing, e-mail and hypertext - a system that incorporated many elements of the World Wide Web.

Scrapbook went live on 28 April 1971...Scrapbook helped people across the 28 acres of the NPL campus collaborate or projects without having to sit next to each other.

Clearly, the British had developed many of the technologies that went into the Internet. And Tim Berners-Lee, is a Brit and he invented the world wide web...

So maybe the British did invent the Internet but with typical British modesty, didn't want to blow their own horn. At least until now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ahhh... this brings back memories!

Anyone else here old enough to remember the Iranian hostage crisis?

There were bumper stickers, t-shirts, and buttons that we used to express our feelings towards that peace loving country....

I think someone should reprint these now! Could be a real money maker!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here we go again..

I agree with the scrapbook idea, but I don't think we should just limit the scrap booking of threats to the U.S just to Iran. We might as well throw N. Korea into that mix too. I would say Al-Qaeda could be thrown in there as well but they're falling apart faster the the last brick in a JENGA tower.

I really can't wait till one of these countries just pushes us to the brink. Where as right now we really shouldn't be doing anything warlike due to our economies fragile state. I just hope these idiots leading these countries realize we will run them over like a squirrel in the road trying to pick which direction he should run.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by MRuss

Since the nuclear bomb is "the mother of destruction," I imagine that they are frightening us by trying to imply they will set off some sort of a bomb.

Respectfully, I would tend to doubt it. Nobody would get away with such a thing at this point. Whatever you may believe the Iranians to be, they are not stupid.

More likely, IMO, they would be referring to a malicious virus of some sort. After all, stuxnet seems to be causing quite a bit of trouble for them, one would expect them to retaliate in kind. Goose, gander, and all that.

I would tend to agree with you,Iran has proved itself to be "rational" in the face of US antagonism,as you say they are much more likely to release a super virus against the web controlled US infra structure,perhaps even an EMP?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I really hope US is taught that lesson, the world as a whole would applaud it. Also the US empire must fall if the americans want their country rise again strong and smarter.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Iran only has internet because we allow them "access".

For all they know we could have 1 server with a few Terrabytes of drives and they are only connected to a simulated internet.

They can't even turn their own crude oil into gasoline. There's no way they could comprehend what the internet truly is....not what you think.

The computer hardware they are using....they nor the rest of the world even knows what is going on inside of it....its true capabilities.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Actually most would argue that Konrad Zuse of Germany invented the computer, or at least a freely programmable computer.

And the internet was initially created by ARPA or Advanced Research Projects Agency in the United States during the late 1950s to the 1970s

On Topic: Iran doesn't have to do anything, China is already handling it, the other day it was revealed that China has been hacking us the last 5 years..Just compare China's new stealth fighter with the J-35

edit on 9-8-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I say we Nuke the ENTIRE Middle east from Orbit, It's the only way to be sure.

note: I am watching Aliens at the moment.
edit on 9-8-2011 by redbarron626 because: clarification

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Iran, we invented the internet.
We invented the computers your geeks are using to disrupt our economy.
We invented YOU.

Now, be nice and go home and play before we get angry.

Sadly, America is too poor to do anything. What are you going to do? Send Barry over to Iran and uhh apologize uhh?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
I really hope US is taught that lesson, the world as a whole would applaud it. Also the US empire must fall if the americans want their country rise again strong and smarter.

Agreed. Americans have been way too arrogant. They need something to wake them up and teach them that there are actually other countries in the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

drop a tactical nuke on a certain palace/office... and we also know there are other countries in the world.. why else would we be sending foreign aid everywhere? duh. . .
edit on 9-8-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

Sounds like a hacker threat to me, lol, they should worry more about Anonymous then a handfull of iranians.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
America, itself, thinks it's "too big to fail". Need i remind you....Greece, Italy or whatever other empire "ruled the world". Pride comes before the fall! Tiiiiiiiiiiiim-ber!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Not really believing this article seeing as I can't find this on any credible news site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join