It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Obama is Not Incompetent and Knows What He's Doing to Destroy America's Economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
tomohalloran.com...

According to this linked post, President Barack Obama has the economic failure we're now witnessing planned from the start.

Do you believe any part of this theory?

tomohalloran.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Cloward / Piven

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I used to believe in this theory, but seeing how most people do not know basic economic facts, I think it's plain ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Links aren't working for me.

I've always felt his actions to be deliberate and cannot be excused as simply being inept. In fact, I do not believe he has one iota of American concern in his agenda. I do not believe he feels any loyalty, pride, or connection with America. If fact, I believe he has a very strong distaste for the country.

This type of person is extremely dangerous, for any country, no matter the political party

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Obama is not stupid & that is what scares me!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
interesting for sure, but u can never be sure if its his real plan or not. it sounds possible in every way shape and form. lets just hope he is not that intelligent and does not have an anterior motive in mind for the us.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here's a question that may enlighten and expand this question:

You all must be aware that lending practices to buy a home and purchase a mortgage were put in place for a reason: In order to maintain economic health, a society must have a rigid set of rules for lending. People must prove they have the monetary means to repay a loan and the discipline and regard for the mortgage that lends confidence to their lender.

It is hard for me to believe that the "mortgage crisis" we've seen was just an "Oops--made a big mistake," when suddenly all the lending practices and rules were tossed out the window for a period of time----which led up to this mortgage crisis. It's what pushed the recession into crisis mode. You mean to tell me that after decades of sound and practical lending principles, one day the banking industry just decided to toss those guidelines out the window so everyone could buy a house? Representatives like Barney Frank of Massachusetts decided it was "unfair" that the lending guidelines rendered many people unable to buy a house, so they were tossed in favor of "no documentation loans" where you didn't have to prove your income. Millions of people were buying houses they couldn't afford---and all the government did was smile and let it happen. When interest rates were raised, those millions of people defaulted on their loans and banks and other lending institutions went bankrupt.

There are many, many people who believe this was all done by design. It was the first step in an earnest attempt to undermine our economic system. And not only did it effect America, it trickled down to the rest of the world, rendering whole countries economically unstable.

Let's look at this from another more simple perspective: If tomorrow, the government decided we no longer needed stoplights, there would be death and mayhem on the roads within a day. Stoplights, like lending guidelines, are there for a purpose. They protect our society and lend stability to our day to day machiations. No one in their right mind would remove laws regarding stoplights----and thus, no one in their right minds would remove the guidelines for lending. Why? Because it would create mayhem. And that's exactly what it did.

THOSE DECISIONS BY FANNIE MAE AND BARNEY FRANK AND FREDDIE MAE WERE THE FIRST EARNEST STEPS IN THE UNDERMINING OF THE AMERICAN ECONOMY.

This is widely known and well documented.

If we want to creat a One World Government, you're going to have to topple the Great Lion which is America. And since our country's greatness is largely based on our economic might, the best way to topple us was to undermine our economy.

And the best way to do that?

Topple it's banks. Render it's people homeless. Put its lending institutions into chaos and bankuptcy.

It wasn't all that brilliant of a plan.

But it worked.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
obama,obama,obama i can not more hear that he is gulty of all the mess in the us.
guilty are all the us pepole living over the limit on creditcards and the banks they offer this plasticmess

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I was sitting here just the other day thinking the same thing. For a min.

But no, he is just a mindless turd.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
strange thing is: when Bush was elected" the second time, I met a lot of Americans who were all so sad..and planning to leave the states.

Their thinking was that Bush was busy destroying America's economy and a second term would finish the job.

On internet they called him the worst president ever, the man who destroyed America etc. etc.

Now everybody has forgotten Bush and Obama is the bad man.

The American people have very short memories, it seems, and moreover, they are always looking for someone to blame.

And remember: You get the government you deserve.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Amen sir.

I remember my dad was thinking about buying a house, but backed out because he saw the way things were headed. I thought he was being a pessimist, but within 4 months the snip hit the fan.

I think people would rather believe it was incompetence though, even though the facts paint a drastically different picture.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Wooliebear because: spelling

edit on 9-8-2011 by Wooliebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Was the 1929 crash also planned?

Maybe you should stop blaming the Mexicans, the Arabs, the Blacks, the Whites, the Elite and what more and back up your government. They may not be the one you wanted, but they are there.
Try uniting for once. Then you have less time for all those wars and you can spend the money on your own people.
Maybe it helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Seriously? I don't think anybody has forgotten about Bush... People are pissed because Obama was supposed to be different in a meaningful way. Not more of the same. I'm curious though... what government is it that you have/deserve?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is from a thread I started the otherday,, I am posting this again from the thread because I believe it relates to many threads lately.. It's my opinion,,,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

It would be impossible to cover everything I want to say in one thread on this subject but I will cut to the chase with the basics. Look, when our leaders sent our jobs overseas, they knew what they were doing.. They knew they were trading the jobs of the "Average Jane and Joe" for cheap electronics etc and the corporate's "Bottom Line." Fast forward with me. In the late 1990's or there abouts, the "Capitol Gains Oppertunity" comes into play, allowing homeowners to make loads of money on sales of their homes, tax free.!! Move forward with me, In the early 2000's, Real Estate goes through the Roof !! and loans are given to almost anyone who ask's for one, knowing that there is a problem comming when it needs to be paid back! These "Loan Sharks" are not new to the game,they know whats a safe risk! So at this point, let me say, If you want to destroy a nation and its people, what is the best way to do it? Remember this also, this nation has a military. The members of which have family. ( Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers and children.) You can't overcome the population with brute force cause they own too many firearms and are not going to be sold without a fight, once they realize they have been betrayed.
So!! What do they do? They send our men and women in uniform to war. Making up false accusations and complete lies and fabrications to invade and destroy a foreign country. As a footnote, "The Enemy" in uniform was defeated quickly and yet we have stayed for a decade. If you add to that the deaths and mutilations of our beloved young men and women, our children, it's not a stretch to start to wonder, if maybe it's purpose is to destroy our military who should be here at home defending us from the lies and deceivers that have and continue to invade our privacey.
So where are we now? 14 trillion dollars+ in debt. As they planned it, unemployment through the roof!! The media controlled and owned by those who spout promises and false data of our predicament. Homeowners victimized by "The Bankers" etc.Foreclosed on while they crooks that positioned them for loss get bailouts and carry on with business as usual. Not to mention our produce and vegitables are rarely grown in the states anymore. The space program has been ended but not until we built the Space Station with tax payer dollars and play roommates to the very country that is communist and opposed us for decades. Lastly. Try to talk or have communication with your elected officials once they are in office. Try to find out what happened to the 2 trillion dollars that went missing at the Pentagon on 9/11 or the tens of billions that went to Iraq that dwindled away.
Remember one thing. If you dont provide a service of some kind, you dont have a job. The US is a consumer now and we flip hamburgers and live on crumbs unless your a lawyer, doctor, fireman, professional, etc.
There is a bright side though. Some of us have done well in all this mess. They are the ones that are supposed to be helping America and the American People. The Silent officials who we elected and the puppets they have retained to invade our privacey and police our lives while they re-write our forefathers dreams and promises with "New Money Making Laws" and pay for it with our childrens futures' and lives..

I invite your comments or insights. THIS IS SIMPLY MY TAKE ON THINGS!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wooliebear

Seriously? I don't think anybody has forgotten about Bush... People are pissed because Obama was supposed to be different in a meaningful way. Not more of the same. I'm curious though... what government is it that you have/deserve?

I live in the Netherlands and seeing what is going on in the world, I'm pretty content.

Biggest news on the tv these days is the way our premier was dancing at a festival.
Big debate: can he dance or can he not LOL

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The president, whomever he may be, isn't destroying anything.
He's a target of distraction, nothing more.
It is the senators and representatives that constitute Congress that are responsible for the ongoing destruction and degradation of the government, country and world.
It is they that allow and enact policies and legislation that destroys liberties, economies and quality of life.
It is they that have benefited by pocket lining pandering to corporations and ignoring, robbing and raping the people that put them there with lies and promises, but mostly through lack of choices.
edit on 8/9/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
Now everybody has forgotten Bush and Obama is the bad man.

Nobody has forgotten Bush, he was horrible and helped create this mess. Obama has been horrible and has just exacerbated the situation. Congress is to blame as well. Things don't just happen, consequences are the products of actions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny

Originally posted by Wooliebear

I live in the Netherlands and seeing what is going on in the world, I'm pretty content.

Biggest news on the tv these days is the way our premier was dancing at a festival.
Big debate: can he dance or can he not LOL

Ah! So jealous, I wish we were having that debate in the states. But, I wouldn't say you deserve a constitutional monarchy... I'm glad it's working for you though

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
are you kidding me? have you actualy read some of the # he has signed?

theres no way in hell he is doing it all out of negligence, he knows damn well what he is doing,

yes he intends the harm he has caused,

what i wonder is if he is doing it for himself or under the direction of another,

just a puppet under a puppetmaster?

seems more likely considering how the media does such a good job covering up the worst of his actions,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I thought the President was intentionally undermining the economy and got very concerned about that. Over the past few years a number of things had been shaping-up to disaster and from what everyone reports that is what has happened and what you currently have, a disaster.

When the government is transparent people can read the signs and do what is necessary to look after their own financial concerns. Since the early 2000's I have been doing just that and personally have made out just fine.

Daddy Bush was president when the Soviet Union collapsed and at that time put plans into place to begin closing down military bases across the US. Throughout the 90's those bases began closing and left many areas distressed. My own base did not close but was under study for closure and had its facilities combined with other bases in the area.

At that time I chose to transfer to one of our offshore facilities and take a remote-duty assignment in an under-staffed installation, live on that facility, and worked hella overtime. I even bought a house in one of those distressed areas where a base was closed. It was some distance away but I only had to commute once a week and remain on the island at my work site throughout the week. After time, though, they were looking to further cut-back my facility and offered early retirement options. In 2006 I took the offer and cash bonus, sold my house, and left the country. I could feel bad times were ahead for the American people.

That home I bought in a distressed area in 2000 for peanuts bounced back and was worth about three-times what I paid for it seven years later in early 2007, but by the end of that year came the housing disaster. After I sold the home everything crashed but this time it was across the entire country, and by that time I was gone and have not been back.

I paid attention to the trends and economic signs then acted accordingly. Oddly, I saw when disaster struck the US in 2008 and the market crashed the money exchange rate was going up. In 2005 the Mexican Peso was trading between 10-11 to the US Dollar then for several months after the crash traded about 15 to the dollar. Things re-adjusted again and the exchange rate has been around 11 and in this past week has risen and now this morning is to almost 13 pesos to the dollar.

I have concerns that the US economy is going to tank completely, that my pension and Social Security that I paid into for 40 years or so will not be paid - I am still below minimum age to receive SS. I have savings but feel the dollar may lose its value and my savings become worthless, though so far the reverse of that is true. I am about to buy another small home in Mexico and at this mornings exchange rate is under $30k usd. If there is a coming crash it is best to own a home in the clear and just hunker-down and live on beans and tortillas if necessary. I am fairly well prepared to do this and it may become necessary. Oddly though, this slow market makes my dollar more valuable, at least for the time being, so I scramble to use my resources as best I can in preparation for the possible worst.

I do believe there have been deliberate tampering with the economy, fortunately I have been able to read all those signs and act accordingly and been living a very good life just staying on top of the curve. I think a lot of this was deliberately done in order to benefit a few people at the expense of others. It was not done for my benefit but I have been able to enjoy the ride by watching and staying ahead of it. The deliberate manipulation was not being done under Obama, he was elected after I left the US, those manipulations were done while Bush was president. I believe the current President may not be able to effectively reverse all that has been happening prior to his election. My advice to anyone is just pay very close attention to all the indicators and be ready to take whatever opportunity that presents itself. Not everyone was able to get off the Titanic however.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join