It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio medical helicopter fired on in flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.ems1.com...

This is one of the first times I have heard of a medical chopper being shot at in the states. No real conspiracy or anything like that here, just thought it was an interesting story. No one was injured.

MARYSVILLE, Ohio — Central Ohio law-enforcement agencies are on alert after a medical helicopter was shot Thursday during flights to children's hospitals.

Nothing was noted during a preflight inspection. The chopper then made trips to Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus and Akron Children's Hospital. While refueling in Akron, a bullet hole was discovered in the rear door on the right side, said Todd Bailey, MedFlight's spokesman

My first guess or idea is that it may very well have been a hunter shooting at game or just someone shooting the gun off in the air. I find it hard to believe that someone would have taken a shot at a medical chopper. I think if the chopper was a target there would have been more than one hole in it.

Like I said I just found the article interesting and thought I would share.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There are people in this world that could not work off their load of bad karma if they had 100 lifetimes to do it in. People who would fire on a Life Flight Helicopter are definitely among that group. That is about as cold and heartless as it comes.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Had my little guy on one of these...it was stressful enough without complete morons shooting at it...I hate these people...

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Most probably was Bin Laden ;o)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

Most probably was some 17 yr old AMERICAN ja.

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't think they should rule out the possibility or being targeted, a fast moving Target can be difficult to hit without proper trianing and knowledge of projectile physics. If it was targeted by an untrained gunman then I'm surprised that anything hit it depending on altitude and speed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

That might be over thinking it a bit. Those helicopters all but go into a hover well above the hospital then slowly lower themselves down...ohh so gently...and about as perfect a target as anyone could ever dream of and still be looking at a moving object. Same with landing out in the field to pick someone up. It takes a sick puppy to actually consider shooting at one...but I don't believe skill would be terribly important.

new topics

top topics

join