It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet aircaft documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Janet aircraft documents

The page contains registration and airworthiness records for the old Janet 737s and the current Janet Beechcraft. You may note the late David Palay's signature on some of the documents. He was the pilot that crashed N27RA.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This seems very interesting, but please provide more information

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Specifically, information about what? N27RA? The crash is public knowledge. It is mentioned in Peter Merlin's timeline:
Area 51 Timeline
Anyone with a brain has scrubbed their website of the local newspaper account of the crash due to lawsuits from Righthaven. [I think even mentioning the paper will get the post banned at ATS.] Basically Palay had a heart condition and hid it from the USAF. The plane crashed very early in the AM south east of the TTR. So early the tower wasn't even open. Besides Palay, the plane was carrying employees of JT3. This was one of those Groom to TTR flights. Not unheard of, but not very common either.

At most (probably any) airport, you can turn the runway lights on by clicking the tower frequency with your radio, so in theory if you have automated weather conditions, you can land unattended. That is now against the rules at the TTR, but the DOE has landed there unattended. Is suppose you can land without weather conditions. It just depends how much of a cowboy you are. These drug planes land without ground assistance all the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I hope the Janet experts here can answer my question. The Boeing 737 Janet planes are mostly described as "Boeing 737-66N" models. Here's an example from Airliners.net

www.airliners.net...(EG-&/Boeing-737-66N/1955292/&sid=b7f1d7b94cff1e45d9b0eb38adf2153a

I looked at the sites describing various models of the 737, but none of them have any information about the 737-66N submodel; you know, what separates it from the other 737s. It looks like a few other airlines operated the 737-66N, so it is apparently not Janet-only. Thanks

Steve Conslaw

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The link to the photo didn't work. Note they sent the old Janets to the boneyard and replaced the whole fleet with 737-600 model, so whatever you read on the net, you need to watch the time frame.

Current Janet 737 tail numbers.
N273RH
N288DP
N319BD
N365SR
N859WP
N869HH

top topics

join