It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-26 Stalma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   

F -26 stalma - the promising multipurpose fighter of the fifth generation developed by the American firm Stavatti Tactical Air Warfare Systems for replacing the tactical fighters F -16 falcon, which consist to the armament of the NATO alliance countries and other friendly countries. Aircraft is one-place single-engine monoplane with the variable sweep of wing, the outstanding maneuverability and the low distinctness for the systems RLS. Input into the covey is planned after the termination of the program of demonstration and checking (Demonstration and Validation (DEM/VAL) program) in 2004. Aircraft with the identical to F -117 nighthawk preparedness and the protection costs considerably less, the order of 25 millions. dollars. But its maneuverability and ability of the accomplishment of mission of penetration and achievement of air superiority are higher than in F -16.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Tactical-technical the characteristic:
Span of wing, m
- maximum (5 deg)
- minimum (70 deg)
Length, m
Height, m
Wing area, m2
Mass, kg
- the empty aircraft
- the normal takeoff
- the maximum takeoff
Type of the engine
Thrust not boosted, kg
The maximum speed
The combat radius, km
Maximum rate of climb, m/min
The service ceiling, m
Operational overloading is maximum
Crew
Armament: - 17.37

- 1 TRD - TURBOJET ENGINE One F119-pw-100
- M=2.3
1 20- mm gun M61A2 Vulcan
Combat load - 8164 kg on 13 units of the suspension
UR "air-to-air" Aim-9 Sidewinder, Aim-120 AMRAAM, Aim-7 Sparrow
UR "air-surface" Agm-65 Maveric, Agm-88 HARM
Bombs Gbu-32, V -61, V -83

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
MEIN GOTT!
A VF-19 on '___'!!!

Really a neato plane...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the F-22 Raptor? are they still working on it?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
Whatever happened to the F-22 Raptor? are they still working on it?

I believe that they have just started the Block I production.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
cool........thanks for the info mad scientist

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
After doing a search, it seems more and more this is a LEGIT corporation!

But time will have to tell, in 2005 the protoype is supposedly flying, i'll do some more searching now to see if I can find a definite answer to this being a hoax...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't think its a 'hoax' as such, rather someones fantasy in a very well made website. Remember when you posted your idea for a new design on here? Well its the same kind of thing but taken onto a whole new level complete with fictional back story (ie such and such design is to be produced for the US forces, rather than - as you or I might say- "I think this would be a good programme if it was to be produced for the US Forces ".

There is no stavatti corp except in the guys imagination but he's not trying to trick anyone, its like his own form of escapism and very imaginative too in my opinion.

=http://www.defensetech.org/archives/000009.html

[edit on 22-1-2005 by waynos]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The link doesn't work so try this one to see what Stavatti is really about; www.defensetech.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would agree, but the company is making revenues of 26million, and you wouldn't make that much money for musical instrument parts right?

Alot of sites seem to mention it, and many believe it as real, I heard Jane's believe it too...

I don't really believe it since the site is so cheesy, but after seeing so much written about it, I dunno anymore...

I'll continue my sources...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Your desire to be thorough does you credit but I personally wonder what credibilty in the defence industry any company would have that came out with a quote like this when supposedly promoting a new laser rifle concept;

We know what threats are out there. A 9mm just wonít cut it when you are facing 30 ft tall insectoids, or the reptile alien overlords from Rigel."

Another thing to remember is that designations such as 'F-26' are applied by the US DoD, not the manufacturers, therefore Stavatti's use of the term 'F-26' is just wishful thinking Also, don't you think the 'F-26' bears a resemblance to this 25 year old design?

[edit on 22-1-2005 by waynos]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It does bear some resembelence, however, the F-26 design used forward swept canards and that bizarre swing wing design...

The quote about the aliens was a joke according to some sources.

The F-26 designation came from the company self, it's their own designation in anticipation for the actual designation? I dunno...

It's all very dubious...BUT, I have been to St Paul's before, and I DISTINCTLY remember seeing a large amount of C-130s and even a C-5 being parked there AND a BIG Stavatti sign if I remember correctly, i'll ask my parent in-laws to look out for it when they come over to here, they will be going through St-Paul's...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There is also the fact that advanced defence projects cost billions of dollars and take years, even decades, to bring to fruition and are not something you can just start to do from nowhere, its not like building a Rutan Vari Eze. The big corporations such as Lockheed, Boeing, BAE and EADS have all been at this game for nigh on a century. I have been a regular reader of Flight International since 1976 (age of 11 at the time) and I can tell you for a fact that Stavatti has no pedigree or history in aerospace whatsoever. Nothing they have ever designed has been built or flown. I think thats all you really need to know about them.

BTW, I am not belittling you, in case it should come across that way, and if you show that I am wrong I will come on here and post a big time grovelling aopology, promise.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am in the US Air Force ,and I am also familiar with the acquisition world, and I have never heard of this company,until now. It seems like someone has a very active imagination...great design skills, and 3-d rendering skills, but still a fantasy. IMHO

J~ROCK

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah, more than likely you are right

The Aircraft industry comes with so little new stuff, I kinda hoped this was real...

Still an interesting concept that definitly got attention...mission accomplished for the author...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Forward swept wings are unstealthy, so there's no way it's a stealth aircraft.
Swing wings are heavy, so it's not a lightweight craft.
And it says it has 13 hardpoints, even though the A-10 has only 11 and is a straight wing aircraft.

Definately fake.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You guys are right...but why the hell this elleborate hoax? is he so sad? perhaps to boost his sales? he does sell guns though...but aparently not anymore...since october this year..hmmmm

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Do anyone can tell me that the F-26 Stalma did ever fly? Or just a plan, a model?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It was never even that emile, just a fantasy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join