It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building Blocks of DNA Found in Meteorites from Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Life has existed for a finite time. We all know that eventually Earth will be wiped out. All it takes is for a little piece of rock to get blown out into space. At one point life originated and life was extingushed but not literally. So once again this blows up the whole GOD theory presented by the church. Now if they would just come out and say GOD is alien then I might believe it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

It's amazing that we are finding most of the building blocks of life in meteorites that have already hit the earth. DNA/RNA bases and amino acids are pretty much the starting point for life as we know it. If one of these impacted into a liquid ocean say, that would be a huge head start for life.

The next big question is: will they find bacteria in meteorites, like the famous martian ALH84001 meteorite which showed funny little things like below inside it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/430931ecbe48.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe some bacteria, if originally alive, and hitching a ride in a meteorite, may even survive re-entry into the atmosphere. How do I know this? Because when the shuttle Columbia had it's tragic uncontrolled re-entry back to earth, the worms they were studying in orbit survived the re-entry. If a multi-cellular organism can survive re-entry with some shielding, bacteria inside meteorites most likely can too. Maybe this is Columbia's greatest contribution to science.

Source

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So NOW can we toss the bible?!?!!

Anyhow, fantastic find, man, science is wonderful.

I was actually about to create this thread (using popsci's article)...but took me awhile to try and figure out which forum to put it in...it has it all, doesn't it...
Space, science, ET possibility, origins, etc...

Sometimes I think some articles should be able to show up in multiple threads when they cross soo many boundries.

Anyhow, so...what does this mean...another piece in the evolutionary puzzle...I guess that also means all life on earth are actually space creatures

Don't toss it until you read it. Also, God's glory knows no bounds, only man's glory does. The Bible was written by Man, not God. It still does not mean that Man did not try his best to dictate God's word. This new article shows that life can start anywhere but how? God knows.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

so what.big deal.

if you mix chemicals of course you will get amino acids evetually.

just like if you get 100 monkeys with typewriters typing they will eventually produce a britney spiers song.

it is no big deal.

don't see what the big deal is about finding life in outer space.

let 's worry about the life here first ok?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
About an hour ago I was watching a news program on cable....and the reporters - reported that we may be the aliens from other planets...that we seek. So...I am thinking....was every race on Planet Earth once a race on another planet in this vast universe? This is one of my thoughts....then...I think...or is this just more disinformation to steer us away from the truth...or...does the truth lie somewhere in between.

Here is what NASA says: theweek.com...

edit on 10-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

WOW...Your ignorance and naivety is alarming.
"let us worry about life here first" you say? well if you read the article & other posts on this thread you would see just how contradictory your statement truly is.

Did the thought ever cross your mind that in order to "worry" about life "here" we should first conclude & agree without a shadow of a doubt -the where,when and how life began in the first place? and just maybe,findings like the building blocks of life as we know it have been found on meteorites very well could be a wonderful start.

I agree we need a lot of work right here but any further information that could lead to our better understanding of life & humanities origins would surely help

I for one think this could hold monumental implications & possibilities for life as we know it.

Thank you OP for the thread & article S&F.
edit on 11-8-2011 by PerfectPerception because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

isn't earth in space.?

we are actually space creatures by default.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

yep, thats us, space aliens seeking out other space aliens.

I am not really sure what all the fuss is about.

Oh hang on, isn't it ego based?

we lable oursleves human.. thats right. I forgot

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by caladonea

yep, thats us, space aliens seeking out other space aliens.

I am not really sure what all the fuss is about.

Oh hang on, isn't it ego based?

we lable oursleves human.. thats right. I forgot

You make some valid points. One could also argue that we are all stars, made of stars. Those stars had star parents that died long ago. Is like stariception.

Seriously, if life can exists here it can exist anywhere. Just because we do not know about something does not make it impossible. Just because something may seem like a myth does not make it fake or hoax. Does anyone remember the giant squid debate? Giant squids exists, we have physical and video evidence of giant squid.

Giant Squid
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
CNN just blew up about this now:

lightyears.blogs.cnn.com...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There has not been one documented piece of life found outside the vallen allen belt.

Any so called "life" found on meteorites are just what they have picked up upon orbit into earth.

Wake up people.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Did the thought ever cross your mind that in order to "worry" about life "here" we should first conclude & agree without a shadow of a doubt -the where,when and how life began in the first place? and just maybe,findings like the building blocks of life as we know it have been found on meteorites very well could be a wonderful start.

Thank you OP for the thread & article S&F.
edit on 11-8-2011 by PerfectPerception because: Spelling

what benefit would there be in knowing bug eyed monsters exist on other planets?

it was speculated giant monsters exist in the deep deep blue sea last century.
they have been found to exist in fact.

whether we believe or know to something to exist makes no difference to the object being speculated about.

how did this benefit you?

does it help you to pay your bills or be happier or save you from muggers?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

So dinosaurs may have come from space? Do we need to fear DNA from space, no, and there is no way to prevent it. So just deal with it. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

There is no evidence of DNA existing outside Earth.

This story is about the building blocks of DNA, not DNA itself.

It's a bit like saying you have found concrete, when all you have found is sand, which is a "building block" of concrete, but it's not concrete.

edit on 10-11-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join