It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks again for your replies i appreciate your candid responses, i have always had an interest on these subjects and enjoy researching it, i have no one to discuss these topics with now my grandfather passed.

Peace and goodwill.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What's the question, LWF, did I miss something?

Is someone wondering about the Eastern symbolism in Freemasonry and how it may relate to Islam or Muslims?

I might have an interesting take on that, that may, or may not, result in my being disemboweled by hounds.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Actually, in my Shrine Temple, we display the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Holy Bible, and the Quran all opened simultaneously on the Altar. In my opinion, it is a sort of progression through time of the Holy Books. I don't know if all Shrine Temples display the same combination, but I always loved the Epic of Gilgamesh, and when I joined the Shrine, I was thrilled to see it honored on the Altar and not treated like some mythical fiction.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

They are supposed to be leading questions that let 'someone' know that JRC knows something about what we are talking about.

Stop it, JRC. We can all read, too.

Which secret society is the best for random sexual encounters?

The Fraternitas Rosae Crucis founded by Paschal Beverly Randolph; or maybe the Fraternitas Saturni.
Good luck finding those.

Nahh what I know is not important. You know things I am curious about or I wouldn't have started this thread.
I don't waste time on grooming ego.
The right people can be very resourceful if your looking for the right knowledge. An ignorant person is strongest when he realizes his ignorance and adjusts to quench it. I try not to pretend I know more than I know(except in game design I am an expert in how a video game should be made).That's a childish waste of energy.
I study people like I play poker or how a detective studies a suspect or crime scene. Ask questions and set back and study the responses and the game within the game.
You can paint a pretty good picture(not as good as being there in person) of a situation by just observing people interacting with other people.

Like me(a christian) and you(not a christian).
I know you have been doing the same. Right?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Nawww. I just go along like a maniac and occasionally fall in holes and then learn a bunch from trying to crawl out.

You are not playing as well as you think. That was pretty transparent.

You're fun, though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Actually, in my Shrine Temple, we display the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Holy Bible, and the Quran all opened simultaneously on the Altar. In my opinion, it is a sort of progression through time of the Holy Books. I don't know if all Shrine Temples display the same combination, but I always loved the Epic of Gilgamesh, and when I joined the Shrine, I was thrilled to see it honored on the Altar and not treated like some mythical fiction.

So you don't have any real exclusivity to single belief? Its seems like a club.

Are there any activities/actions that can ban you from membership?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

What do you have on eastern symbolism within freemasonry?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, it may symbolize the interaction between Templars and the Saracen and a possible exchange of 'Wisdom'.

A least that's the word from the desert.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Frater210 because: Hoo boy

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

With regard to the epic of Gilgamesh, what life was he seeking? Mortality?

edit on 9-8-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

With regard to the epic of Gilgamesh, what life was he seeking? Mortality?

Death.

Ed. Immortality.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Nawww. I just go along like a maniac and occasionally fall in holes and then learn a bunch from trying to crawl out.

You are not playing as well as you think. That was pretty transparent.

You're fun, though

What you don't trust a random person over the internet that is christian?
That's ok. Pardon my bad grammer.

What do you say you learn the most from, your experiences personally or what you've learned from others(including what you've read)?

What's your opinion on Christians/Christianity as a whole?

Sorry about all these questions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I learn more from people. But you will probably appreciate that I also learn a great deal from computer operating systems. Probably not possible without the people thing first.

I just can't go there on the Christianity thing. Maybe if you took a look at one of my threads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Here. Check it out...

en.wikipedia.org...

These guys are just so historically cool that I could not bring myself to play the video game which botches it pretty badly.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I learn more from people. But you will probably appreciate that I also learn a great deal from computer operating systems. Probably not possible without the people thing first.

I just can't go there on the Christianity thing. Maybe if you took a look at one of my threads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Man you have several people here picking your brain. But no one here picks mine! darn

Oh well sorry about the misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Here. Check it out...

en.wikipedia.org...

These guys are just so historically cool that I could not bring myself to play the video game which botches it pretty badly.

I am currently programming( trying )a video game from 1972 pong.

Its not so much that the programming is difficult for a bigger to grasp(me). But I don't know the right questions to ask the compiler to do and then what is the right answer to those questions.

An actual industry level designer could have had this done in no time. But me... I still need to learn more.

That's the beauty of it. You never stop learning how to design a game. There is alway something to learn.

Just like there is no wrong way to write a book.

Peace out dude zzz
edit on 9-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

Whats the problem? Its not like your disrespecting them or anything.

What I feel makes them angry are all the made up stories and rumors about their organization that quite a few people hold as fact but have no hard evidence to back them up. If you are actually researching and sticking to hard facts, then I don't think they would mind much.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Thanks for your uninformed reply, onthelevel.

If I'm "uninformed", it should be easy to tell me how. And yet...nothing.

Who knows you might get there one day!

Wouldn't I, by default, be closer than you?

We Masons get a kick out of this type of response. Someone outside the organization is always there to tell us that we don't know the real Freemasonry. Actually devoting your time and resources to the organization. Pssh. The only way to really get to know Freemasonry is to have a long-gone Masonic relative with whom you had a conversation once, or a friend who was inside a lodge for fifteen minutes a few years ago.

Funny these people rarely nail down what it is you're actually missing, and if they try, it's usually rebranded Taxil.
edit on 9-8-2011 by OnTheLevel213 because: Added two paragraphs

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Hello. Mother and grandmother were both Eastern Star members. And grandfather, a mason, going back to 1922.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As a general rule, those who want to keep secrets, tend to have something to hide.

In the case of the Masons, I don't claim to know exactly what that is. I *am* inclined to believe that they are Luciferians, personally; and my general instinct is not to trust them as far as I could throw them. I won't say that my attitude is one of real vitriol, however; just deep suspicion and mistrust.

As long as they're happy to stay in their corner, I'll stay in mine.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
As a general rule, those who want to keep secrets, tend to have something to hide.

The sad truth is how insignificant those secrets are to those not privy to them, and how little we actually have to hide should someone care to ask.

I *am* inclined to believe that they are Luciferians, personally; and my general instinct is not to trust them as far as I could throw them. I won't say that my attitude is one of real vitriol, however; just deep suspicion and mistrust.

Why don't you try asking a few questions?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join