It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Which secret society is the best for random sexual encounters?

OK dude....

You just went full creepy!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Why does Tsarian annoys other masons? Seems cool to me. You learn a thing or two from that guy.

They say he's wrong a lot but no one gives examples.

Are you just randomly trolling now, or are these real questions?

I am a Mason, I don't know anything about Wiccans; I don't know who Tsarian is, and the best place for random sexual encounters is at a daycare at 5 p.m. when all the single mothers are picking up their children, and they see a responsible well-dressed man there picking up his own child. They get all giddy and want to talk, and they stand around in groups and watch you leave. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. Of course, that would be completely unacceptable for a married Mason such as myself.

Any other ridiculous questions?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah you failed to answer mine, i know its a bit complicated.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Why does Tsarian annoys other masons? Seems cool to me. You learn a thing or two from that guy.

To say that he 'annoys other Masons' implies that he is a Mason which I have yet to see a lodge number attributed to him.

Considering astrophysicists have estimated the mass of the asteroid field fairly closely and it does not agree with what Tsarion says I think that could be example number one.

edit on 9-8-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Are you just randomly trolling now, or are these real questions?

I am a Mason, I don't know anything about Wiccans; I don't know who Tsarian is, and the best place for random sexual encounters is at a daycare at 5 p.m. when all the single mothers are picking up their children, and they see a responsible well-dressed man there picking up his own child. They get all giddy and want to talk, and they stand around in groups and watch you leave. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. Of course, that would be completely unacceptable for a married Mason such as myself.

Any other ridiculous questions?

I was thinking are they sexually liberated or is it a sex prison?

What is the oldest known secret order/society?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Yes it is, and I was hoping one of the more knowledgeable Masons like Josh or Augustus or Network Dude would take care of yours.

In my opinion, it stems from connection to ancient and operative Masonry, and the parables in our degree work. Most of it is set in the Middle East all the way back to the building of King Soloman's Temple. Obviously, Islam became very important in that area, and the Islamic Roots evolved alongside the Christian Roots as Masonry spread to the West.

I think there is a more specific story directly related to the Shriners, and hopefully one of the others will come along and share it with you.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Neither.

For the specifics of that subject, you would be well-served to become a Mason. It is neither sexually liberated, nor sexual prison. Masons approach all things in moderation, it is one of our core principles, and it is illustrated very effectively in our degree work.

Also, each Mason makes their own decisions on subjects such as this. My lifestyle is probably vastly different than another Mason's, but it still falls within the bounds that we learn to lay out for ourselves.

As far as I know, Freemasonry is the oldest known fraternity. It is the basis for all other fraternities, and also the basis for most of the meeting styles you are used to seeing in corporate board rooms, governments, etc. It is a system that has been extremely successful and often emulated.
edit on 9-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I have intentionally exposed myself to very hazardous levels of Tsarion in the attempt to understand him and place his line of B.S. in perspective. There is none to be had (perspective).

There were a group of people viciously cannibalizing the work of others at the beginning of this decade and Tsarion is one of them. He swerved off in to the weeds so many times I stopped going to look for him and just left him there.

He gets an 'E' for enthusiasm though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Obviously, Islam became very important in that area, and the Islamic Roots evolved alongside the Christian Roots as Masonry spread to the West.

Islam partially evolved from Christianity (although it contradicts it in some areas).

I think there is a more specific story directly related to the Shriners, and hopefully one of the others will come along and share it with you.

Sorry, I am not, nor do I want to be, a Shriner.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

They are supposed to be leading questions that let 'someone' know that JRC knows something about what we are talking about.

Stop it, JRC. We can all read, too.

The Fraternitas Rosae Crucis founded by Paschal Beverly Randolph; or maybe the Fraternitas Saturni.
Good luck finding those.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for your honest reply, i have another for you, at what level or degree would you consider a freemason truly "initiated"?
edit on 9-8-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Thanks for your reply, i have another for you, at what level or degree would you consider a freemason truly "initiated"?

Technically First, officially Third, but committment-wise you never stop learning or re-learning the lessons you are taught.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thanks Augustus, and now for the million dollar question.
So at what level or degree do you convert from esoteric (any religion) to the exoteric doctrine (islam) within freemasonry?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

One is "initiated" at the first level. One is a "Master Mason" after the 3rd Degree, and there is no higher degree in "Masonry." All of the other supposed higher degrees are in the other organizations.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So at what level or degree do you convert from esoteric (any religion) to the exoteric doctrine (islam) within freemasonry?

Well, considering I was not part of any organized religion when I joined and no one has tried to convert me to Islam since I am having a hard time following your line of reason. Where does this theory of your's originate?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You do not convert to Islam or any other religion in any part of Freemasonry. I hope I correctly understood your question.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Various sources, Dr George G.M. James among others closer to home.

Something my grandfather told me, "a freemason that talks knows nothing, one that is in the know talks not".

Isnt one of the initial requirements of acceptance into freemasonry a belief in a god, any god?
edit on 9-8-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Thanks for your uninformed reply, onthelevel.

Who knows you might get there one day!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Various sources, Dr George G.M. James among others closer to home.

Sorry to break it to Dr. James but there are no conversions to any religion since no one ever asks you about your religion.

Something my grandfather told me, "a freemason that talks knows nothing, one that is in the know talks not".

The questions you are asking have nothing to do with my obligations not to reveal the 'secrets' (grips, passwords, signs) of the Fraternity that I promised not to reveal so I am not really concerned about talking too much.

Isnt one of the initial requirements of acceptance into freemasonry a belief in a god, any god?

You are asked if you believe in a Supreme Being, if you reply 'yes' no one asks you the name of said Being.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Sorry, but OntheLevel is exactly right. I have friends of 32nd, 33rd Degree, and former Grand Masters, and none of them have ever converted to Islam. We do acknowledge Islam equally with all other religions, and we even display the Quran on the Altar in the Shrine Temple. We can also display the Quran, or any other Sacred Book on the Altar in Masonry at someone's request.

There is nothing in Masonry, at any level that makes one change their religion. 100% guaranteed, and that is not an "uninformed" opinion.

ETA:
The man who "raised me up" and presided over each of my degrees, and taught me my catechisms was a 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Mason, when I met him, he has also completed all of the York Rite, and he has served as District Deputy Grand Master, and he is now a 33rd Degree Mason, and he is a devout and pious Christian, and a wonderful man! There is nobody on this Earth that could make him change his religion, guaranteed!
edit on 9-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join