It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
Because they worship Lucifer. They call themselves Christians, more like Antichristian. Search Mason admits to worshipping Lucifer on youtube
Alex Jones has already exposed this
Lower class Masons have no clue what's going on at the top
edit on 8-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

I am a Mason, and I do not worship Lucifer, nor do I call myself a Christian, or an Antichristian. You are wrong on all accounts.

If I absolutely had to pick a religion, it would be Deism, but really that is just another generalization without much meaning. What I believe in is one, ever-living god and creator of the universe. That creator goes by many many names and incarnations, and they are all proper and acceptable. Jesus was one such incarnation, and was extremely important for the time period and the lessons learned that have persevered through today, but in my opinion Jesus was by no means the only way to reach enlightenment or heaven. If one wants to call their god Allah, or God, or Jesus, or Gaia, or Vishnu, or Quetzalcoatl, or any other name, including Lucifer, I have no problem with that, and neither does Masonry.

Your assumptions are fictitious and not reflective of anything taught in Masonry. And, don't give me the Albert Pike quotes, because Pike was one man and one Mason, just like I am. He is entitled to his opinions, and they are just as valid as mine, but they are not representative of Masonry as a whole. Each man chooses his own god. I don't bother with trying to name or personify my god, because it is useless. In Lodge, we refer to "The Grand Architect of the Universe," to be descriptive, fair, and intentionally vague to not favor or eliminate any particular religion.

Here is a Nice list to pick a God from.
They are all perfectly valid in my opinion, so long as you live your life in such a manner as to improve yourself, pass on good morals to your children, and support your community.
edit on 9-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Just a syntactic quibble but Masons as a group don't hold a particular and shared belief (in the religious connotation of the word "belief"); we're men of disparate faiths that are similar only in that there must be a belief in a singular Creator. Beyond that, it's cat-herding time.

If by "beliefs" you mean what actually goes on in-Lodge, tally ho! You'll get no grief from me. However, you're going to run into a lot of agenda-driven half-truths and outright lies from those who have an axe to grind about Masonry and unless you recognise it for what it is, it's quite easy to get sucked into its vortex.

Whats the problem? Its not like your disrespecting them or anything.

As a shining example of the sort of 'research' that gets trumpeted here, I present to you this post

Because they worship Lucifer. They call themselves Christians, more like Antichristian. Search Mason admits to worshipping Lucifer on youtube

'Nuff said?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Nowhere in any of our rituals do we worship Lucifer. This is a propagated lie by people such as yourself. Alex Jones isn't even a Mason and not even privy to the information we are, so he's not really a credible source.

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Actually, they don't, but good try.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Or do all instances of Lucifer always equal Satan?

The whole one time in the entire Bible?

That's a good basic question to ask Masons. But I don't think anyone below 32nd degree will have a clue about it.

So what about those in the York Rite? Are we not capable of knowing anything?

Claiming Masons do not join it to advance in life and gain connections is utter garbage. It's like cheerleaders claiming they are not doing it for popularity, or a janitor claiming he isn't doing it for the money.

Technically if a Mason joins for those reasons he's breaking his oaths and lying on his petition.

reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Brothers Brent Morris and Chris Hodapp do a good job with their books respectively.

Art de Hoyos has a good book out on the conspiracy theories/myths. Pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Because they worship Lucifer. They call themselves Christians, more like Antichristian.

Interesting. The Sikh Master of my Lodge will be interested to hear that he's actually a Christian. So will one of the Past Masters who I would've sworn is Jewish.

Search Mason admits to worshipping Lucifer on youtube

Oh! You mean Bill Schnoebelen!

I think this post more than adequately deals with that particular set of fictions.

Alex Jones. I think that speaks for itself right there.

Yet somehow fearless investiGooglers know more about what goes on inside Masonry than Masons themselves.
. Never quite figured out how that's supposed to wash.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Not a mason but I would think they have a problem with it because of all the misinformation out there about them that the naieve among us believe. You know the stuff that makes them all seem lije they worship the devil and all such foolishness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

But hey I don't trash them on it? That's just silly and creates war/strife.

I know I am not going to worship a serial killer/con/thief.

If they want to they can go right ahead. I don't recommend befriending a hardened spiritual killer. But to each his/her own.

Peace be with you.

edit on 9-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

I've had several friends that where wikkan. They are pretty cool. Other Christians are pretty cool too.
same with masons. I've known like 4-5 different masons(5 percenter,haitan lodge, and one female mason).All cool to talk to.But see the female mason(I know she is not a mason but in a esoteric fraternity) This is back when I hated masons. She was one of the smartest women I've known.Definitely smarter than me by a mile. I loved talking to her. She knew I hated masons. But after awhile we actually were compatible. She even came from the same state I came from Texas. After actually talking to real people and being revealed that the Master forbids hatred of one's brother. I stopped the "grudge". But man she was impressive.

Its just the athiests that can get annoying at times.

Lead singer to Godsmack is a wikkan. Listen to Voo doo and serenity. Entertaining songs.
There are people that really do worship the enemy. (Wikkans)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Whats the problem? Its not like your disrespecting them or anything.

Maybe just because they are not like Facebook society?
Is it hard to understand this?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Don't ask them about Lucifer the Morning Star than.

Don't ask Agustus. He'll bewitch-slap you back to the Dark Ages with fact, not fancy.

Some of them seem to be claiming to be Luciferians. I am inclined to believe there are grains of truth to this. I have seen many facets of this subject and it is very provocative and very very deep.

Care to provide a name of a poster here claiming to be a Mason and a Luciferian? A link would help.I await your response.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My Girlfriends dad and Grandad are Masons. Been asked to attend some Family Night event in the next upcoming months, i can honestly say i am worried because of the negative comments i hear about Freemasonry on here.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Don't ask them about Lucifer the Morning Star than.

Don't ask Agustus. He'll bewitch-slap you back to the Dark Ages with fact, not fancy.

Some of them seem to be claiming to be Luciferians. I am inclined to believe there are grains of truth to this. I have seen many facets of this subject and it is very provocative and very very deep.

Care to provide a name of a poster here claiming to be a Mason and a Luciferian? A link would help.I await your response.

I think that black magicians and freemasons are in a totally different clan/order.

Its like comparing football to soccer or rugby. One player can be play either but is not mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

What are you talking about everyone knows masons are evil.
Look at this evil mason feeding evil homeless people with evil food.

www.youtube.com...

Here is another mason acting evily by donating to a youth shelter.

readingeagle.com...

Come on. That's just wrong.

www.freemason.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Is "Lucifer" the "Morning Star"? The "Light Bearer"?

That's a good basic question to ask Masons. But I don't think anyone below 32nd degree will have a clue about it.

Don't be angry with me because I know more on average about Masons than most Masons do.
Oh good! Finally, someone who can quote the passage in the 33° initiation ritual that talks about Lucifer. By all means, please enlighten us with the truth we lowly Masons are not privy to!!!

And just to make sure you're not BSing us, I can verify against the ACTUAL 33° ritual... you know, this one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e655217f948.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Is "Lucifer" the "Morning Star"? The "Light Bearer"?

Don't be angry with me because I know more on average about Masons than most Masons do.
Oh good! Finally, someone who can quote the passage in the 33° initiation ritual that talks about Lucifer. By all means, please enlighten us with the truth we lowly Masons are not privy to!!!

And just to make sure you're not BSing us, I can verify against the ACTUAL 33° ritual... you know, this one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e655217f948.jpg[/atsimg]

Who's certificate is that?

They have all that stuff documented?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have a question.

Is one of the requirements to be a Mason monotheistic faith, and if so why?

I've always wondered that. I asked one of my barbers who was a Mason, and he said to seek the answers to the questions I ask, go to the local lodge and ask/join. Well I never did, so I figured this would be a good forum to ask.

Never really been interested in joining though as I'm weary of joining cliques, groups, fraternities, etc. No offense; it's just that I'm more of a loner.
edit on 9-8-2011 by majesticgent because: worded my question a bit better

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It's the first page of the script. Of course all of the Scottish Rite degrees are written down… most probably take a dozen or more guys on the degree team, not to mention the costume crew, the lighting & sound crews, the stage director, the director on work. Everyone needs a copy of the script to work from! (If you still actually believe that Masonry has secrets, sorry to burst your bubble…)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
I have a question.

I've always wondered that. I asked one of my barbers who was a Mason, and he said to seek the answers to the questions I ask, go to the local lodge and ask/join. Well I never did, so I figured this would be a good forum to ask.

Never really been interested in joining though as I'm weary of joining cliques, groups, fraternities, etc. No offense; it's just that I'm more of a loner.
It's a question that only you can answer. I suppose some faiths could be polytheistic where all the deities had equal power. I'm not familiar with such a religion, personally. The only question you're asked is if you believe in a supreme deity. If you're of a pantheistic belief that includes an all-father (Odin, Zeus, etc…) who was supreme over the other gods, then perhaps you could, in all honesty to your own beliefs, answer "Yes" when asked that question.

You're the only one who can really know what you believe, and it is not the place of Masonry to question that or try to change it in any way.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

It's the first page of the script. Of course all of the Scottish Rite degrees are written down… most probably take a dozen or more guys on the degree team, not to mention the costume crew, the lighting & sound crews, the stage director, the director on work. Everyone needs a copy of the script to work from! (If you still actually believe that Masonry has secrets, sorry to burst your bubble…)

Its really good that you guys have ways to keep out moles and conspirators. Like say government shill agents trying to "re-educate" them while pretending to be a member.

infiltrators are disgusting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by OnTheLevel213

What are you talking about everyone knows masons are evil.
Look at this evil mason feeding evil homeless people with evil food.

www.youtube.com...

Here is another mason acting evily by donating to a youth shelter.

readingeagle.com...

Come on. That's just wrong.

www.freemason.com...

That's just eeeevillll.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Its really good that you guys have ways to keep out moles and conspirators. Like say government shill agents trying to "re-educate" them while pretending to be a member.

infiltrators are disgusting.
It would be difficult if not impossible for an infiltrator to make any changes to Masonry. The first three degrees have gone largely unchanged for close to 300 years; the Scottish Rite degrees are codified by their respective Supreme Councils; Grand Lodge officers only serve one year terms…

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
I have a question.

edit on 9-8-2011 by majesticgent because: worded my question a bit better

I see it a little different than Josh on this one. Our question is do we believe in "one, ever-living deity (god)."

To me, there can be only one deity that pervades all religions and cultures. That deity may have different names and incarnations, but it is still part of the same deity. I do not believe a Mason can have a polytheistic faith. A Mason can acknowledge all of the different incarnations of the deity, but it is still part of one creator, not several.

As far as being a loner, it sounds tough and romantic, but in reality, it is the easy way out. Being a loner, means never having to compromise, never having to face off with a well-respected adversary and hold your ground or admit you are wrong. In reality, it is much more enlightening, and difficult, and empowering to be a strong-willed and intelligent personality among a group of other strong-willed and intelligent personalities! It is a constant learning environment and personal challenge. When one chooses to go it alone, they choose to never be challenged. The same goes for when one surrounds themselves with lesser individuals. The best way to grow as an individual is to surround yourself with people from whom you can learn, and also people who will be honest and direct with you. It is difficult and enlightening, and frustrating, and rewarding. Being a loner is nothing to celebrate, it is only evidence of a scared soul, and choosing to not be challenged.

ETA: I once celebrated being a loner as well. I didn't choose my friends well, and I didn't evolve as a person. I didn't like meeting people that could challenge my intelligence, or knowledge, or fortitude. As I grew, and I made some friends that were my equals and peers, I began to realize how much I could learn from differing opinions, and even from being proven wrong from time to time (rarely!). I never really started to grow up until I was in my late 20's and I surrounded myself with powerful individuals who were not intimidated by me. Then, in my early 30's I joined Masonry. I had to learn to trust people, and I had to learn to listen more often than I speak. It was difficult to be in a room full of people who had more life experience, more success, and more spiritual knowledge than myself. It was humbling, but now I am proud to be one of the respected members that can share my own experiences with others. I have improved as a husband, as a boss, and as a friend, by learning to be part of a group, where I am not always the leader, but sometimes just a member.
edit on 9-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
they get mad because they know by being a part of the masons they are contributing to the destruction and rape of this nation. Its a massive ponzi scheme and they just use lame mock occult rituals to attract more contributes to keep their money flowing.
edit on 9-8-2011 by TruthWizard because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join