It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

My grandfather was a mason, he kept his *stuff* secret....But when I lived in Mason City Iowa, I walked straight into the masonic lodge and told them I wanted to join the Eastern Star. They graciously allowed me entry, gave me a tour, and let me see the library! This of course was after I was voted on by the members

I too have questioned a few Masons, and got honest answers every time. The only thing they would not discuss is certain rituals the do. I will tell you who gets angry when you research their beliefs and practices....the book religion people.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am just clarifying for those who don't understand, During Lodge meetings, it is not permitted to drink beer or alcohol. In some Jurisdictions, consumptions of refreshments are allowed at the meal afterwords but drinking to excess is frowned upon.

edit on 28-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi there im new to the site and as far very interested
I know that there is alot off argument about the masons ie satanic worshippers corrupt etc
I am a strong believer in the knights templar of old and the prior of sion
But i do know from first hand accounts that there is something going on in the masons
I think they have alot off control over peoples lives and as the saying goes if the face don't fit your not part off the circle
They don't like people who go against the masons
And for a poor person I know nearly ruined his life

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.
I try to post here in between the satanic sacrifices and my duties over at WCH. (World Control Headquarters)

Originally posted by tattoolee
Hi there im new to the site and as far very interested
I know that there is alot off argument about the masons ie satanic worshippers corrupt etc
I am a strong believer in the knights templar of old and the prior of sion

While the Templars were very real, I don't believe the Prior of sion was.

But i do know from first hand accounts that there is something going on in the masons
I think they have alot off control over peoples lives and as the saying goes if the face don't fit your not part off the circle

Could you expand on what control we have over people's lives? I just want to be sure our efforts aren't going un noticed.

They don't like people who go against the masons
And for a poor person I know nearly ruined his life

We love everyone. We show no bias. (they all taste like chicken)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hi im not saying anything off the slightest about satanism but if that's your tickle each to there own but if you could explain why there was a new child coffin on display in one off there ceremony rooms in the London head office please explain plus we know as I guess that many off you do that the masons order goes way above 33 degrees and these are the ones that have very maniplative influences on certain public people

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hi im not saying anything off the slightest about satanism but if that's your tickle each to there own but if you could explain why there was a new child coffin on display in one off there ceremony rooms in the London head office please explain plus we know as I guess that many off you do that the masons order goes way above 33 degrees and these are the ones that have very maniplative influences on certain public people

I don't know that. I've been a Mason about 6 years, and I've never heard of a degree above 33rd, and even the 33rd is an honorary degree. Plus, all of those numbers are only in the Scottish Rite, the York Rite does not use a number system, so technically Masonry only has 3 degrees, and those additional numbers only apply to the subset of people that choose to pursue the Scottish Rite, which is an appendent body, not the core of Masonry.

As for the coffin, there is a grave of significance in some of the degree work. I don't know what goes on in the UK, but in the US a few Lodges do use an actual coffin. My Lodge uses a rubber mat, LOL!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hi again,
I cannot explain why there might be a new child coffin on display anywhere. We don't use a coffin as a symbol in any way that I am aware. (I am only a 32nd degree) I coudl only speculate and that would not do any good.

To the best of my knowledge, regular freemasonry goes up to the 3rd degree. Some claim the 4th of the York Rite, but only in certain areas. Side bodies such as the Scottish Rite do go up to the 33rd. There is a Rite that is not regular called the Rite of Memphis Mizriam, which goes up to 90 degrees, but again, that rite is not a part of regular masonry in most parts.

US Scottish Rite masonry usually are all 32nd degree masons with only a few reaching the 33rd with hard work, dedication and recognition of their works. In the UK and some other parts, it's not uncommon for a Scottish Rite mason to only go to the 18th degree with only a small number going to the 32nd and a very select few reaching 33.

While none of us here claim to know everything, we have a good idea of how the power structure of freemasonry works. A group of secret upper tier 34th degree masons and higher might very well exist, but since nobody is selling pins and hats for those degrees, it's likely that they are more fantasy than reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

plus we know as I guess that many off you do that the masons order goes way above 33 degrees

If this were even remotely true, someone, somewhere, would be selling lapel pins for those degrees.

Masons are notorious for their lapel pin collections.

(A friend and I have been discussing making a 34° pin, just to freak out the 33rds…)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Masons are notorious for their lapel pin collections.

(A friend and I have been discussing making a 34° pin, just to freak out the 33rds…)

Count me in!! If you get some of those made, I want a couple, and I want one in my avatar.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
You are wrong about Jupiter being the principle deity of the Romans, their patron was Cronus/Saturn.

Right. Did you even read your own source? I just told you this:

At the same time, there was a tradition that Saturn had been an immigrant god, received by Janus after he was usurped by his son Jupiter

If Saturn was the Roman's 'patron' then why did they mythologize his usurpation and worship Jupiter Optimus Maximus (Best and Greatest) in the Temple of Jupiter on the Capitoline Hill while Saturn was relagated to the bottom of the same hill?

The Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus, also known as the Temple of Jupiter Capitolinus (Latin: Aedes Iovis Optimi Maximi Capitolini, Italian: Tempio di Giove Ottimo Massimo, English: "Temple of Jupiter Best and Greatest on the Capitoline") was the most important temple in Ancient Rome, located on the Capitoline Hill. source

Your knowledge of Roman history and culture is as poor as your grasp of Masonry. Stop before the hole gets too deep.

edit on 28-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer, not now, not ever

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Hi again,
I cannot explain why there might be a new child coffin on display anywhere. We don't use a coffin as a symbol in any way that I am aware. (I am only a 32nd degree) I coudl only speculate and that would not do any good.

To the best of my knowledge, regular freemasonry goes up to the 3rd degree. Some claim the 4th of the York Rite, but only in certain areas. Side bodies such as the Scottish Rite do go up to the 33rd. There is a Rite that is not regular called the Rite of Memphis Mizriam, which goes up to 90 degrees, but again, that rite is not a part of regular masonry in most parts.

US Scottish Rite masonry usually are all 32nd degree masons with only a few reaching the 33rd with hard work, dedication and recognition of their works. In the UK and some other parts, it's not uncommon for a Scottish Rite mason to only go to the 18th degree with only a small number going to the 32nd and a very select few reaching 33.

While none of us here claim to know everything, we have a good idea of how the power structure of freemasonry works. A group of secret upper tier 34th degree masons and higher might very well exist, but since nobody is selling pins and hats for those degrees, it's likely that they are more fantasy than reality.

You are contradicting your fellow mason here about the coffin as they do use the coffin in their ritual and it is even on George Washington's apron.

As for the coffin, there is a grave of significance in some of the degree work. I don't know what goes on in the UK, but in the US a few Lodges do use an actual coffin. My Lodge uses a rubber mat, LOL!
-getreadyalready

Suspect . . .

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

He didn't contradict me in any way. A coffin is not one of our symbols. Some lodges may choose to use it in their degree work, but it is certainly not one of our symbols. My lodge doesn't use one either, we use a rubber mat, but I have heard of lodges having actual coffins, it doesn't surprise nor concern me in any way.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

There is no 34th Degree....
the chains attatched to your legs are being pulled, buddy.

I wonder about the Rite of Memphis sometimes. Ive been interested in it but havnt really found a lot about it. Is it in practice anywhere? I have had my doubts, but dont know the answer.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sorry,
I truly never heard of a coffin being used in masonry. If you can find a reference to it, I will be happy to learn what it's all about. I like learning new things.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

How very condescending of you.

Saturn was the original who gave power unto Zeus, via the stealing of his rock (cube) by Rhea.

That is why the Temple of Saturn is the oldest in Rome, see altar of Saturn. Tradition tells that the altar was constructed before the founding of Rome.

en.wikipedia.org...

History

The location of the temple is connected to the much older Altar of Saturn, which tradition associates with the god himself founding a settlement on the Capitoline Hill. Construction of the temple is thought to have begun in the later years of the Roman Kingdom under Tarquinius Superbus. Its inauguration by the Consul Titus Lartius took place in the early years of the Republic. The temple was completely reconstructed by Munatius Plancus in 42 BC.

The present ruins represent the third incarnation of the Temple of Saturn, replacing a second incarnation that had been destroyed by the fire of Carinus in 283 AD. The extant inscription on the frieze commemorates the restoration undertaken after the fire.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Romans regarded Saturn as the original and autochthonous ruler of the Capitolium,[64] and the first king of Latium or even the whole of Italy

It was a valiant effort on your part, but alas for naught

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

There is no 34th Degree....
the chains attatched to your legs are being pulled, buddy.

I wonder about the Rite of Memphis sometimes. Ive been interested in it but havnt really found a lot about it. Is it in practice anywhere? I have had my doubts, but dont know the answer.

I never mentioned a 34th degree.

You are replying to something someone else posted, nice try though.

edit on 28-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

He didn't contradict me in any way. A coffin is not one of our symbols. Some lodges may choose to use it in their degree work, but it is certainly not one of our symbols. My lodge doesn't use one either, we use a rubber mat, but I have heard of lodges having actual coffins, it doesn't surprise nor concern me in any way.

The coffin is on George Washington's own apron . . .

Pardon the link, but it was the first image I found, I did not read any of the thread so I do not lend suppot of anything said in said thread.

Note the coffin with the plant growing out the skull.
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It was a valiant effort on your part, but alas for naught.

Sure.

I said:

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Jupiter usurped Saturn prior to Rome's founding (according to their myths) and was hence forth subordinate to Jupiter.

You posted:

At the same time, there was a tradition that Saturn had been an immigrant god, received by Janus after he was usurped by his son Jupiter

The above sentence also came right after this sentence which you posted:

The Romans regarded Saturn as the original and autochthonous ruler of the Capitolium,[64] and the first king of Latium or even the whole of Italy.

You are incredibly disengenious and are not entitled to rewrite history by omission. But thank you for reiterating through your intellectually dishonest omission what I already knew.

Stop digging.

edit on 28-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer in his coffin.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

if you could explain why there was a new child coffin on display in one off there ceremony rooms in the London

Its the symbolic coffin of Gods child. Once we nail that coffin shut we can go about building King Solomons Temple with the help of the demonic Jinn...this will be a temple not of God, but a temple of man and bring about world social justice under the anti-christ. We live in exciting times and I already signed up to be part of the group that sells cookies in front of the temple....
edit on 28-6-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Grand Lodge of British Columbia

I don't know about any symbolism from the coffin, although it would make sense with some of our degree work. According to the link above it is a symbol of mortality.

ETA:
They have a cool anti-Masonry tab, where they refute many of the most popular bogus claims!

edit on 28-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join