It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Alright I am a mason and have been for several years, have only been coming here a few months. I've seen so much slander and hate toward the freemasons, and almost always the same sentence pops up... "its only people at the very top who have any idea what's REALLY going on"...

okay, for just a moment, lets pretend that the lies and speculations that lead people to this conclusion are true. a few very bad people created a generous, civic minded organization devoted to improving yourself, treating others as equals, and serving those around you. first, what a dumb plan! secondly, this evil group would be, in essence recruiting and training others to combat... them. if this were the case, wouldn't a simple. "thanks dumbas*" be enough? globally we are better for it, and it isn't ever as though masons are "wielded" by some corrupt cult. We don't march or protest, we arent a special interest group, as an organization we try to stay away from politics and religion, and try to encourage humility equality and brotherly love.

regardless of what these pretend super elite have planned, it would no doubt be masons themselves battling them shoulld any plans ever actually come to light.

I'm just saying that if there were some cult at the top, creating or recuiting masonry would be the exact opposite of their percieved goals. so in the end, it isn't very logical to assume these people really exist

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theXammux
Alright I am a mason and have been for several years, have only been coming here a few months. I've seen so much slander and hate toward the freemasons, and almost always the same sentence pops up... "its only people at the very top who have any idea what's REALLY going on"...

okay, for just a moment, lets pretend that the lies and speculations that lead people to this conclusion are true. a few very bad people created a generous, civic minded organization devoted to improving yourself, treating others as equals, and serving those around you. first, what a dumb plan! secondly, this evil group would be, in essence recruiting and training others to combat... them. if this were the case, wouldn't a simple. "thanks dumbas*" be enough? globally we are better for it, and it isn't ever as though masons are "wielded" by some corrupt cult. We don't march or protest, we arent a special interest group, as an organization we try to stay away from politics and religion, and try to encourage humility equality and brotherly love.

regardless of what these pretend super elite have planned, it would no doubt be masons themselves battling them shoulld any plans ever actually come to light.

I'm just saying that if there were some cult at the top, creating or recuiting masonry would be the exact opposite of their percieved goals. so in the end, it isn't very logical to assume these people really exist

When you were in elementary school learning multiplication did you hear about those math teachers in high school that knew about and taught about geometry and calculus? Of course they wouldn't actually be ''above'' you, and if they were they wouldn't ''teach'' you about their strange knowledge of geometric proofs and calculating areas under a curve would they? If you were ever to find out about this esoteric mathematical wisdom wouldn't you overthrow them and revert to addition with one apple plus one apple equaling two apples?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
With regard to masonry you aren't talking really about knowledge, you are speaking of philosophy, which has a very different set of consequences.
Masons grow surrounded by others who beleive in basic tenets of almost every religion. As i said before this group would be raising its own enemies.
The sciences, and math are knowledge. one new skill set builds upon another. but what does not happen is a reversal of ideas
its not as though you get to college and your math teacher says "remember when 1+1=2? ha ha that was just to keep you ignorant sheep. after i explain the truth to you, you will be part of a super secret ninja club that meets in the special ed classroom and pretends to hate math to keep our awesome secret and if you don't we'll kill you"

that's essentially what you are suggesting?
This idea is often speculated depsite how ridiculous it is to anyone willing to spend a little time on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theXammux

A young woman told me once, ''to each his own.''
Therein lies the truth.

If you don't believe it, carry on.

Use discretion if you do.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
well met. I 'll takke care, i apologize if i seemed a bit snaky there for a moment.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Do freemasons believe that Bilderberg,CFR,IMF,and Trilateral Commission are nefarious organizations?

How do you feel about the bank bailouts and Obama, Bushes, Clintons, Chaney etc being apart of the organizations above?
edit on 14-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Do freemasons believe that Bilderberg,CFR,IMF,and Trilateral Commission are nefarious organizations?

How do you feel about the bank bailouts and Obama, Bushes, Clintons, Chaney etc being apart of the organizations above?
edit on 14-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

while not directed at me, I will answer as well. The questions you ask are of a personal nature. Not all Freemasons have the same opinion or even have an opinion of those groups. In fact, I would guess that better than 50% have never heard of them. (Bilderberg,CFR,IMF,and Trilateral Commission). These groups have power and meet in secret. Since you don't know what they discuss, you assume it's evil. It's almost human nature to do so. That's where masonry has it's mystique. But unlike those groups, a man can find out for himself, should his interest match the size of his keyhones.

As for the second, I was 100% against the bailouts, I think that was a way for the top bankers to grab some quick cash and make an exit before anyone found out their names. And as far as top politicians being part of top power groups, duh? if you get confused, notice the word "top". But my belief is the top politicians don't operate on their own, but by a strict set of orders presented by the same group that controlled the last one, be it Dem or Repub.
edit on 14-8-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus has too much beer and won't share

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
(Bilderberg,CFR,IMF,and Trilateral Commission). These groups have power and meet in secret.

The Council on Foreign Relations publishes it membership list and minutes for about half of its meetings. I acutally know two people on it and have spoken to them about the topics they discuss. It was rather interesting.

The Trilateral Commission also publishes its membership list as well as the International Monetary Fund.

edit on 14-8-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus has too much beer and won't share

Never forget that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am aware of their danger from their members and what they have said publicly on record and written about in their books. They are also apart of some of the most anti-freedom, pro-elite policies thought up. Seriously when most of their members want to sterilize 1/4 of the population of the world and another calls for the eliminating the internet it makes you want to watch them carefully.

We're not even counting all the wars they created...and were the main group that profited from said wars.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by network dude
(Bilderberg,CFR,IMF,and Trilateral Commission). These groups have power and meet in secret.

The Council on Foreign Relations publishes it membership list and minutes for about half of its meetings. I acutally know two people on it and have spoken to them about the topics they discuss. It was rather interesting.

The Trilateral Commission also publishes its membership list as well as the International Monetary Fund.

Never forget that.

Where is the bilderberg membership list?

If it exists.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If it exists.

As far as I know they do not publish one.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If it exists.
www.bilderbergmeetings.org...?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

If it exists.

The website you linked to doesn't list invitees to the bilderberg meetings.

So yeah...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Whats the problem? Its not like your disrespecting them or anything.

WHY???
It's because some "people" think they know more about Freemasonry than the Freemasons.
We get told by these "experts" that it's all bad and evil, yet that is so far from the truth.
Reading a book does NOT make you an expert, it's the practical side combined with the knowledge learned that makes the student more academic in his field. You can read a book on medicine, but that doesn't make you a doctor.........it makes you more like a quack.!

Freemasonry is the same and I don't need a non Freemason lecturing me on Freemasonry.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its worth reiterating here that the freemasons aren't in fact a secret society. Everyone knows they exist, the qualifications for entry are rather minimal, and all one has to do is apply, or ask questions to learn more. I did some volunteering with them and talked as we worked. thats how i came to get to know the people at my lodge when i began. Although the organization honestly isn't what it once was, it can be compared (these days) to the chamber of commerce or bbb more than the bilderbergs, or such the like

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To answer the question from before, subjugation and lies are in direct conflict with masonic values. Thus, much of the drama in politics is directly condemned by the prinicpals of freemasonry, despite its political decision to stay out of politics

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If it exists.

So yeah...
What do you mean? It lists all the participants for the last three years... Click on Latest Meetings, pick a year, click on participants. Really not that difficult…

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Wow,

The thread is still here; we must have done good.

I just wanted to say one more time how much I enjoyed this thread with yous guys.

I actually have a question and please excuse my ignorance; I tend to get a little mixed up. I suppose I could have figured this out my self but I wanted to give GetReadyAllReady a chance to reply and straighten me out because it was his post that got this to start buggin' at me.

Question. Is Masonic organizational structure and Order based upon Templar o and s Order? I thought the Masons got it from the Templars (GrandMasters and the whole hierarchical structure).
I ask because of your really great comment about how it is mimicked and successfully deployed across multiple disciplines and systems of management.

Thanks in advance.

Others such as AugustusMasonicus or JoshNorton would probably be better to answer that. It kind of depends on one's view of whether or not the Templar was ever part of Freemasonry.

I tend to hold onto the more romantic notion that "operative" Masons were our earliest brethren and preceded all other orders, and we really were organized around the building of King Solomon's Temple. Perhaps history cannot prove that to be true, but it is part of our parable, so I choose to go along with it. If we take that at face value, then our organization and structure was the basis for all other similar ones that followed.

In reality, the Masons in the US can only be traced back a few hundred years, so it is quite possible, that they mimicked the structure of some other organization that was having success. It is almost a chicken/egg comparison. Perhaps the operative Masons were mimicked by the Templar O and S, and then the later speculative Masons re-incorporated it?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taurean27

Whats the problem? Its not like your disrespecting them or anything.

WHY???
It's because some "people" think they know more about Freemasonry than the Freemasons.
We get told by these "experts" that it's all bad and evil, yet that is so far from the truth.
Reading a book does NOT make you an expert, it's the practical side combined with the knowledge learned that makes the student more academic in his field. You can read a book on medicine, but that doesn't make you a doctor.........it makes you more like a quack.!

Freemasonry is the same and I don't need a non Freemason lecturing me on Freemasonry.

No ones attack you.

Relax.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

If it exists.

So yeah...
What do you mean? It lists all the participants for the last three years... Click on Latest Meetings, pick a year, click on participants. Really not that difficult…

So what are you trying to prove with this new website?
They have a list of people that attended. So what.

Going by the looks of the list of members it looks like Corporate Collusion League.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join