It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Being a good programmer does not mean you will be a good game designer. If that were the case then Microsoft,IBM,Oracle would have a "tripoly".
Ah, but almost every question I asked actually WAS a game design question. There are dozens of ways to implement any of those in programming, but the designer must know, before a single line of code is written, what the expected action/reaction of the play should be. The programmer doesn't say, "I want the ball to speed up when it bounces off a wall." The designer tells the programmer that that's what's supposed to happen, and the programmer figures out the best way to make that happen.

Get it?

For instance, ANY designer creating a ball & paddle game like Pong today would need to be familiar with a large number of ball & paddle games that came before it. Pong, sure. But Breakout/Brickout, Arkanoid, Shufflepuck Cafe and others as well. Each brought new elements, but ultimately started from the same user action... I've got to hit his ball with this paddle.
edit on 2011.8.11 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

Somewhat.

I am not saying that programming is not a vital element of game design all I am saying is that it is just a piece of the puzzle. Yeah you can have a physics system in the game(or get a engine that does that for you) that is functional but then what? People don't sit to play a simulation. They sit to be challenged in a computer simulation.

The trick is to find at what level the challenge is right for the impatient casuals. People like to win but not all the time. They want to lose enough to create an believable illusion of challenge. Interaction with this simulation also helps immerse the player in the believability of this simulated challenge.

Movie directors use lighting,camera angles,CG,effects and good actors that "get" the roles to immerse the viewer in the theatrical "simulation". The better the acting,effects,directing and production the more believable the movie is. Same with comics(dare devil, Batman,punisher, constantine). Same with novels. Children's books are simple yet sell. Tom clancy, Dean koontz,Stephen king,hp lovecraft,J.K. Rowling can write novels and sell also. There is no "right" way to write a book and be successful. Its so wide open and dynamic. Same with game design.

That's the reason why I love game design. Its pretty simple yet can be complex if you want it be.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Look at atari 2600. Stick and 2 buttons.
Two buttons? Luxury. The 2600 had one button.

Yeah my bad I haven't played atari in 18 years.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
We are on a message board as well. Just because someone says they are a Mason does not mean they are.

Perhaps. But who'd claim to be a Mason and expose himself a target for the poo-flinging that comes with it if he weren't a Mason? Have to be a pretty perverse and specific kind of masochist if you ask me.

Fitz

Or just one of the millions of internet users who claim to be something they are not.

But the Masons on ATS self-identify and rise to questions and troll-bait with answers that are remarkably and consistently at odds with the easily-found Internet 'proof' that's thrown at them when challenged.

Which still begs the question "Why?" which you've yet to answer

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

While there have been a few fly-by "I'm a Mason" posts from people I haven't necessarily seen here before, ultimately, what does it matter if they are or they aren't, because they're not contributing significantly to the conversation. Those of us who have made multiple posts, answered detailed questions, etc, have all in some way or another vetted each other in the years we've been posting on ATS. We've also sniffed out a couple of impostors from time to time. It happens.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

My favorite imposter is that guy whomclaimed to be some devil boy who did all sorts of experimentation and claimed to be a Mason from California.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's not even slightly unheard of that masons 'crowd' moderator positions in various forums, conspiracy-based or otherwise. This tidbit should be enough for most people...

That being said, I've learned a few things about my interactions with masons. One, is that I don't care what their beliefs or "goals" are, I really don't. I do not interact with people online or otherwise, where I'm expected to kowtow to their wholly secret beliefs. This is a form of ignorant submission. The "club" basically tells you to not say anything bad about it, that you are ignorant of everything within the masons, and you won't understand us unless you join us. You will assimilate to my wishes either way. If someone cannot leave their beliefs at the door (in this case, proposed 'secrets') in an online interaction, then it is a sign of insecurity and aggression. The church of scientology operates in the same manner, except scientology is just quite a notch creepier and overt.

Another thing about masons is that I do not like their mentality, as I touched on above. It's not because I don't like their "order" per se, it is simply the way most within the order seem to act; usually arrogant, and typically authoritarian (though impotently so). This makes interactions insulting to any non-mason, and most masons can't seem to understand the arrogant and offensive aura they project. So in defense of themselves, they will exude a behavior where everyone they interact with is insulted, and the mason foolishly assumes that everyone around him is just ignorant and he is the light. After all, it's not foolish to be blindfolded, a blade pressed to your heart, a noose placed around your neck, all for a pact of silence. Why no that's not foolish at all, when I was a kid I promised to stick a needle in my eye!

I rarely find a mason that doesn't have an overbearing, authoritarian almost scoundrel-like mentality. They're deceptive, self-righteous and the obvious part is they "band together" in the proverbial shadows to pounce upon a subject in numbers, or to harass someone. Its not uncommon for people to do this, frankly a lot of people do, and it happens everywhere. The difference is "a lot of people" are not involved in a shady secret pseudo-religion with principles that uphold the values of subversion in a community, by threat of death to all it's members.

Why do masons seem to think they are a burning light surrounded by shadows (everyone else)? This is truly how you appear to virtually everyone you interact with, and it has become easy to spot even without calling yourselves out. You drag this huge, unmistakable trail of questionable morality everywhere you go, even a cult layman can detect it. Rather, do you think the "aggression" towards you is because everything you uphold and believe just really smells to normal people, and they don't want to breathe the stench around you? When something smells, you move in the other direction.

Overall, they will feign modesty, they will pretend to respect you, but when they "bunch up", they seem to lose all shades of societal niceties and start to get brash and a little vile. It tends to melt away the charade and proves they are brainwashed by a "secret club" herd mentality, in my opinion. So if you want to see what the "order" does to men, then find where they crowd, pull them together, and just watch. You will come to understand why you never really liked them.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Masonry has a deep dark past, the more you search the more you find. The freemasons of today are much different than those of the past.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Any Mason members ever attend any annual Bilderberg meetings to your knowledge? (I'm also very uninformed but every Mason I have seen or met has been a good person)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I've never met a Freemason who was angry at others for researching. I bet I know more than most of them, and I'm not even a Freemason. On a couple occasions I've had guys approach me in odd ways thinking I was a Freemason. I think they sense my intellect.

Did you have a bad experience or something?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vimanasfly
Masonry has a deep dark past, the more you search the more you find. The freemasons of today are much different than those of the past.

would you like to share some of that information with the rest of us, or should we just take your word for it?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Who cares if there are Masons who are moderators? In your opinion, does being a Mason make them less worthy to be a moderator?

Well, you haven't learned anything then if you think we require you to "kowtow" to anything. We just find it repugnant that some think they know more about the organization than the members.

How do we act arrogant or authoritarian within the order? We don't think we are some superior order to those not members. We don't see ourselves as some beacon of light in a sea of darkness. We react to how we are treated. If you come to us hostile and pig-headed then you will be treated like you are ignorant.

What is this "unmistakable trail of questionable morality"? Secrecy is not a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Rather, do you think the "aggression" towards you is because everything you uphold and believe just really smells to normal people...

The only person on this forum who displayed any type of aggression to me in almost 4 years of posting was angry because I did not share the same view of Jesus that he had. I think it spoke more against his character than mine.

Edit to add: Here is what I 'uphold and believe'; that we all have an obligation to help each other, regardless of any type of fraternal affilaition. That Charity, Brotherly Love and Truth are tenets that everyone should practice. That freedom to follow ones own religious path should be sacrosanct and no one should impose their will upon you. If anyone has 'agression' about this, well, to be blunt, screw them.

edit on 12-8-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Masons act "authoritarian" only when discussing Masonry. The reasn for that, is because we actually are the "authority" on Masonry.
Of course we will act as if we know more about Masonry than someone uninvolved and only spouting internet rumors.

As far as "Moderators" (such as myself) having a disproportionate representation of Masons........well, I believe that is evidence of the success of Masonry, and the caliber of people that join Masonry. There is also a disproportionate representation of Masonry in small business ownership, and in the PTA and school board. The type of people that seek to better themselves by being involved in a group like Masonry, are also the type of people that usually show up as strong leaders in a community (even an online community).

I have never sought out a leadership role, except in my profession, but I often find myself asked to take a leadership role in whatever activities surround me. It isn't something I seek out, it is just something I am apparently good at, and people ask for my assistance. Everything from PTA, to being on the board at a local art museum, to being a moderator on ATS. The integrity that Masons find very important also happens to be very important for people when they reach out to find help with their project.

Also, I always like to tell people on the internet, go ask some questions about Masons in real life. You can ask total strangers, or your mailman, or your waitress, or ask some actual Masons, you will almost always get positive responses. The negativity about Masonry is rampant on the internet, but almost completely unapparent in real life.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by SyphonX
Rather, do you think the "aggression" towards you is because everything you uphold and believe just really smells to normal people...

The only person on this forum who displayed any type of aggression to me in almost 4 years of posting was angry because I did not share the same view of Jesus that he had. I think it spoke more against his character than mine.

Edit to add: Here is what I 'uphold and believe'; that we all have an obligation to help each other, regardless of any type of fraternal affilaition. That Charity, Brotherly Love and Truth are tenets that everyone should practice. That freedom to follow ones own religious path should be sacrosanct and no one should impose their will upon you. If anyone has 'agression' about this, well, to be blunt, screw them.

edit on 12-8-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

Evil Augustus. Your an evil mason. Accept it.

Do you define who you are? Or do they?

Why are you letting this bother you? Relax.There's some "dry trolling" going on.
You d--- evil mason.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
Any Mason members ever attend any annual Bilderberg meetings to your knowledge? (I'm also very uninformed but every Mason I have seen or met has been a good person)
I can't cite any specific examples, but I'm sure someone has.

Just keep in mind correlation does not imply causation—just because an individual Mason may have attended Bilderberg or the Bohemian Grove doesn't mean the Bilderberg or the Bohemian Grove have anything to do with Masonry.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I don't. I get more angry at masons thinking they have to reply to every bit of gossip.

Freemasons don't have any doctrinal beliefs. They are free, remember? Hence the name.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They call themselves Christians.

Freemasons call themselves Freemasons.

search Freemason admits he worships Lucifer on Youtube

There is a new Generation of kids who take Youtube as an authoritative source on knowledge. If that isn't deceptively Luciferic I don't know what is.

they worship Lucifer.

At no part or points is Lucifer ever mentioned in masonic Ritual, much less is anyone ever ask to worship Lucifer.

Do you think Lucifer would be as stupid as to openly come out and say "worship me"? And do you think all masons would be so uneducated not to be familiar with the biblical Lucifer story?

Alex Jones has already exposed this

So let's dismiss 500 years of scholary work on Freemasonry by Historians, Philosophers, Scientists, Sociologists, Theologians and instead just swallow what Alex Jones says. It doesnt get any more Luciferic than that.

Lower class Masons have no clue what's going on at the top

But Youtube and Alex Jones know, right?

The Luciferic principle is to reverse truth and lie. This has been accomplished by suppressing critical thinking, reasoning, rational thought, clarity and goodwill and replacing it with paranoid slander.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Its not the researching,its the uses the info is put to,and the snide comments and mean spirited remarks the info brings when it is exposed to as*holes...Research all you want,just keep your findings to a select few....
edit on 8/13/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow,

The thread is still here; we must have done good.

I just wanted to say one more time how much I enjoyed this thread with yous guys.

I actually have a question and please excuse my ignorance; I tend to get a little mixed up. I suppose I could have figured this out my self but I wanted to give GetReadyAllReady a chance to reply and straighten me out because it was his post that got this to start buggin' at me.

Question. Is Masonic organizational structure and Order based upon Templar o and s Order? I thought the Masons got it from the Templars (GrandMasters and the whole hierarchical structure).
I ask because of your really great comment about how it is mimicked and successfully deployed across multiple disciplines and systems of management.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The organizational structure of Freemasonry is fairly basic, but the names of officer titles is based off of the legend of that particular body. Although we should note that there are variations of duties and title names from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, especially comparing American Masonry to our European counterparts. It is also important to note that we are fairly independent, and confederated, of each other relying on recognition of each other.

Are you curious about specifics?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join