It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get angry at people researching their beliefs?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Kindle edition was ten bucks. Ordered and downloaded.

Yer gonna love it.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Frater210 because: If its at the top it needs an image

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Yeah I don't think I am lodge material. I did too much childish stuff in the past.
I'd rather embarrass myself instead of spreading it to others.

Hey if I offended anyone I am sorry.
edit on 10-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I should not have posted in this thread at all.

I apologise, and withdraw.

Whoa? Why?

What's wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

*tumbleweeds roll past*

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Whats wrong?

What did I say?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Don't. Just show those with whom you disagree the same degree of indulgence you'd expect. Conversation requires accepting that you're conversing with an equal.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Don't. Just show those with whom you disagree the same degree of indulgence you'd expect. Conversation requires accepting that you're conversing with an equal.

What you mean?

I think some of the people here think I am trolling. Because they know my history of trolling on different boards.
They are saying "We'll he was a troll on another board he's probably trolling us now."

I hope no one is hiring a hitman here.Right?

Why do masons use a compass?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

What you mean?

I hope no one is hiring a hitman here.

I mean (for instance) quit calling Masons Luciferians when there's nothing whatever (of consequence) to support the assertion. I mean if he has a reasoned argument, bring it. I think I can safely say that no Mason here'll back away from a reasoned argument. It's the unreasoned ones that get ignored.

Why do masons use a compass?

To remind us that the GAOTU has defined the limit of good and evil and where that limit is

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
no one here is calling masons luciferians.

Where did you get that?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Where did you get that?
We're all reacting to petrus4's posts, yet you keep thinking we're talking to or about you...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Where did you get that?
We're all reacting to petrus4's posts, yet you keep thinking we're talking to or about you...

Oh ok.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

How are lodges organized within a town?

Do you have regions of influence?
Not so much. I live in a big city, and there are actually almost 50 lodges in my county alone, at least four of which meet in the same building on different nights of the week...

that must be a nightmare for the GL officers...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Not so much. I live in a big city, and there are actually almost 50 lodges in my county alone, at least four of which meet in the same building on different nights of the week...

877 lodges in my state divided into 145 districts. Yeah, I'd imagine finding 145 new District Deputy Grand Masters each year would be a nightmare, since they're all appointed by the newly elected Grand Master. One hopes there are good advisors from all around the state who have a better idea of who's active and who's responsible and can make suggestions of Past Masters who might be qualified to supervise on average 6 lodges at a time.

Edit to add: At least the commute to Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 doesn't rely on a functioning space program. Yet.
edit on 2011.8.10 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

877 lodges in my state divided into 145 districts. Yeah, I'd imagine finding 145 new District Deputy Grand Masters each year would be a nightmare, since they're all appointed by the newly elected Grand Master. One hopes there are good advisors from all around the state who have a better idea of who's active and who's responsible and can make suggestions of Past Masters who might be qualified to supervise on average 6 lodges at a time.

Edit to add: At least the commute to Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 doesn't rely on a functioning space program. Yet.

877 lodges? D--- its like a small government. Why isn't this more public?

I've never heard of that number of lodges. I always thought it was a few here and there.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I've never heard of that number of lodges. I always thought it was a few here and there.

With around 100,000 Masons in my state, that averages about 114 per lodge. *shrug* Though with a state population of over 25 million, that means less than .4% are Masons.

If you don't mind me asking, what state are you in? I can get you some numbers that might be more relevant to your location. (It's fine if you don't want to tell me what city, though I could probably find at least a few lodges in your town if you did want to share…)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hello, again.

Did you guys notice my Baphomet thing? It's on page 15.

Well, guess what, Alphonse Louis Constant (Eliphas Levi) was a Freemason.

News to me. Or I had forgotten it.

February 11, 1810 - May 31, 1875

A prolific writer on Magical Freemasonry, he has been called, "the last of the Magi."

Born, Alphonse-Louis Constant, and trained for the Roman Catholic priesthood, Lévi is best known for his Doctrine of Transcendental Magic (1855), Ritual of Transcendental Magic (1856) and History of Magic (1860), all written before his brief association with Freemasonry.

Initiated: 14 March, 1861 Quit/dropped from rolls: August 21, 1861 Lodge Rose du Parfait Silence Grand Orient of France, Paris.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Weird. He was only active for about 5 months. There must be a story there. I bet it involves sour grapes; and I bet it is on Louis' part.

Oh, geez, it happened in France so I am sure it also involved throwing petit fours at one another.

I bet they booted him.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Frater210 because: I bet.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Well, guess what, Alphonse Louis Constant (Eliphas Levi) was a Freemason.

News to me. Or I had forgotten it.

February 11, 1810 - May 31, 1875

A prolific writer on Magical Freemasonry, he has been called, "the last of the Magi."

Born, Alphonse-Louis Constant, and trained for the Roman Catholic priesthood, Lévi is best known for his Doctrine of Transcendental Magic (1855), Ritual of Transcendental Magic (1856) and History of Magic (1860), all written before his brief association with Freemasonry.

Initiated: 14 March, 1861 Quit/dropped from rolls: August 21, 1861 Lodge Rose du Parfait Silence Grand Orient of France, Paris.

Eliphas Levi (1810-1875) The pseudonym of Louis Alphonse Constance. He was a prolific writer on the associations of Masonic symbols and transcendental magic. His principal works include: History of Magic; Doctrine of Transcendental Magic; Ritual of Transcendental Magic; Key of the Grand Mysteries; Fables and Symbols and others. Trained for the Roman Catholic priesthood, he achieved the title of "abbe," but his independent views made him unacceptable to the church. He later married and divorced. Was imprisoned for six months for a political pamphlet in 1839.
From 10,000 Famous Freemasons (not a great guide… I've found errors in it, but sometimes useful for reference.)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

With around 100,000 Masons in my state, that averages about 114 per lodge. *shrug* Though with a state population of over 25 million, that means less than .4% are Masons.

If you don't mind me asking, what state are you in? I can get you some numbers that might be more relevant to your location. (It's fine if you don't want to tell me what city, though I could probably find at least a few lodges in your town if you did want to share…)

I live in Ohio.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
I bet they booted him.
From a deeper link on the page you linked to:

Later, the Lodge reopened; conferring the Master Mason Degree on Éliphas Lévi on August 21, 1861. The following month Lévi was called upon to give a keynote address on the Mysteries of Initiation; a brother, Mr. Ganeval having wanted to present some observations on what had been just said, Eliphas Lévi protested and left the meeting. Caubet tried the following day to make him reconsider his decision; Lévi refused and did not reappear again in Lodge.
link
See? There's a long history of people set in their beliefs storming off in a huff when questioned.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join