It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man buys 300k house for 16 dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok I have no idea where to post this at... so I figured survival was the best. MODs feel free to move it whever you see fit.

www.break.com...

A man got himself a 300K house for 16 dollars. It appears to be all legal albeit a bit on the shady side. Taking squatting to a whole new level?...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

There is an existing thread on this that you might like to read.

Man Pays $15 For $340,000 Flower Mound Home

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Athin

There is an existing thread on this that you might like to read.

Man Pays $15 For $340,000 Flower Mound Home

Ahh. Ran a search but didn't see that. Mind telling me how I delete a thread? lol

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Mods will delete if they feel like it
edit on 8-8-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is hysterical!!! I give the guy credit for finding a loophole in the law. Who wouldn't want a $300 thousand dollar house for $16 bucks. Corporations do it all the time and nobody complains about them.

I couldn't understand why neighbors were so upset that this guy got this 300 thousand dollar house for $16.00. I was thinking maybe they were jealous that they didn't think of it first. Than when the reporter opened the door and the person turned out to be African American the answer to that question was clear as day!

These rich affluent neighbors didn't want a black family in their neighborhood! These neighbors can skirt the issue, but I guarantee you hands down that the real reason they are up in arms is because this man is black.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
He actually stole the house for a $16 filing fee. He didn't buy anything. Someone owns it, most likely some jumbled up securitization.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Actually, this is about the four reincarnation of that story. There has been about one a week for a month.

You did search for prior stories, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Screw this guy!!

I work my a$$ off for a living and can barely afford to rent a small flat, yet this guy does nothing and gets a 300k house for it? What a joke

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka
reply to post by Athin

Screw this guy!!

I work my a$$ off for a living and can barely afford to rent a small flat, yet this guy does nothing and gets a 300k house for it? What a joke

stop hating

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
This is hysterical!!! I give the guy credit for finding a loophole in the law. Who wouldn't want a $300 thousand dollar house for $16 bucks. Corporations do it all the time and nobody complains about them.

I couldn't understand why neighbors were so upset that this guy got this 300 thousand dollar house for $16.00. I was thinking maybe they were jealous that they didn't think of it first. Than when the reporter opened the door and the person turned out to be African American the answer to that question was clear as day!

These rich affluent neighbors didn't want a black family in their neighborhood! These neighbors can skirt the issue, but I guarantee you hands down that the real reason they are up in arms is because this man is black.

You are 100% right

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why anyone would pay 300K $ for a house made of wood is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

He will still have to pay the back taxes and any liens. If another mortgage company buys the one that holds title he is gone. Adverse poss can take years. If he gets it god bless him.

top topics

join