It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Amazing Masterpiece Ever Painted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by blocula

I painted that in a past life.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

blocula, love H Bosch and this painting - I've been lucky enough to see the original and it is a doozy - do you know any Francis Bacon? He is excellent...

CJ

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a great artistic example of the path humanity has taken into the pits of darkness if you ask me!
Altho back when this work was created it was a warning, it was one clearly not heeded in any way....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yep... Bosch and Alex Grey are both on my top ten list. Here's a couple videos of their art animated and set to music by a few of my favorite musicians. Hope you enjoy...
Bosch

and Alex Grey

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainDog
reply to post by blocula

Yep... Bosch and Alex Grey are both on my top ten list. Here's a couple videos of their art animated and set to music by a few of my favorite musicians. Hope you enjoy...
Bosch

and Alex Grey

true art of today if i do say so my self

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by blocula

blocula, love H Bosch and this painting - I've been lucky enough to see the original and it is a doozy - do you know any Francis Bacon? He is excellent...

CJ
what is the actual size of this phantasmagorical painting by bosch in feet? is it like 5ft tall and 8ft wide?...i've seen lots of great paintings and i have seen lots of strange paintings by other artists, i've been drawing for twenty years with b/w and color, but ,the garden of earthly delights, is such a vast array of weird and bizzare creatures and alien looking structures and plantlife,look at all those pink towers and shapes,they look like hybrid combinations of building material and plant life,they are definetly out of this world...my favorite part of this painting is the hell scene with all those rays and beams of light and the way they shine through those dark and ominous buildings and illuminate the surrounding areas
edit on 9-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This painting is nothing great. Artists have been using visuals with many things going on for a long time and in my opinion a single portrait that makes you wonder what is going on is far more impressive. Take a look at this link if you want something with symbolism that takes you a long time to analyze.

www.jimcarrey.com...

Things like this are more on the level of Jigsaw puzzles than acutal works of art in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

this was painted by hieronymus bosch-1500...thats over 500 years ago and to me its easily the most fantastically surrealistic painting ever done.theres literally hundreds and hundreds of strange and bizzare creatures,objects and scenarios being played out here.the colors and plant life are otherworldly and weird.theres an ominous vibe eminating from this painting when you really look at it...i think you can click on the picture and it will enlarge so you can see it better....whats it showing? en.wikipedia.org... as usual the first link didnt work,this second one should

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

this was painted by hieronymus bosch-1500...thats over 500 years ago and to me its easily the most fantastically surrealistic painting ever done.theres literally hundreds and hundreds of strange and bizzare creatures,objects and scenarios being played out here.the colors and plant life are otherworldly and weird.theres an ominous vibe eminating from this painting when you really look at it...i think you can click on the picture and it will enlarge so you can see it better....whats it showing? en.wikipedia.org... as usual the first link didnt work,this second one should

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
That's why art is very subjective. The only basis for what is good art I guess would be the dollar value attached to it set by people who desire such objects. If there are people willing to pay high prices for something it means people value that piece of work more than others.

But that still does not matter to the individual in terms of what they like so the op may consider this painting the best ever while you and I would consider something else the best.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
That's why art is very subjective. The only basis for what is good art I guess would be the dollar value attached to it set by people who desire such objects. If there are people willing to pay high prices for something it means people value that piece of work more than others.

But that still does not matter to the individual in terms of what they like so the op may consider this painting the best ever while you and I would consider something else the best.
thanx for your comment...all art is great i suppose, because all art is...expressions of the subconscious,just like music is..."what" was flowing out from within bosch's subconscious mind when he painted this over 500 years ago? i'm suprised this painting has survived for so long without being banned or destroyed...how would i go about getting a large poster size copy, so i can really look at it ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It is in the Prado, in Spain. Here is a link to it's size:

bosch

Here is where you can buy a print: The images fool you a little so you have to read the description below:

H Bosch Posters

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow... and from the wiki link, the dimensions of that are huge, too; it's probably about the size of my bedroom wall at least. It does look pretty darned cool. I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like, and I like this one. I don't know about 'most amazing masterpiece ever painted' but I'll definitely agree with the OP that it's a great work of art.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by blocula

It is in the Prado, in Spain. Here is a link to it's size:

bosch

Here is where you can buy a print: The images fool you a little so you have to read the description below:

H Bosch Posters

CJ

way cool !...thank you

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Wow... and from the wiki link, the dimensions of that are huge, too; it's probably about the size of my bedroom wall at least. It does look pretty darned cool. I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like, and I like this one. I don't know about 'most amazing masterpiece ever painted' but I'll definitely agree with the OP that it's a great work of art.
its definetly the most bizarre painting i've ever seen and theres hundreds of things going on in it,every time i look at it i see something that i didnt see before,its other worldly and 500 yrs old

top topics

<< 1   >>

join