It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan government prepares plan to flee Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Japan is considering the possibility of creating a back-up capital city in case a major natural disaster strikes Tokyo
It is feared if a massive earthquake like the March magnitude 9.0 quake struck Tokyo, it could destroy the country's political and economic base.
Thinking of moving in case a disaster happens?or getting the hell out of there before the full effect from Fukishima takes its toll.
So an earthquake hits japan ,nothing new, but all of a sudden they are thinking about moving the city to another part of Japan ,Probably in the Earthquake free zone they have cleverly found.
This is just strange,Have they not had earthquakes before ? Maybe move the Nuclear plants to the top of Mount Fuji and build the new city in under the sea

edit on 8-8-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Sure...yeah...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive amounts of radiation they're getting dosed with...no wonder the main candidate for the "new capital" is closer to the south end of the islands.
edit on 8-8-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Yeah ,way down South ,Maybe the Phillipines ,
Not everyone is included in the big shift ,only the capital functions will be headed to the safe zone ,which will include political and financial services,in other words the money men and the hierachy.
Sorry the rest of you can stay and clean up

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yeah, You can't be too careful about future problems,with impending doom staring you in the FACE.

I smell retreat...walk briskly,don't panic and run,but let's start moving.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why the bloody Hell they done this not long time ago?

In the first Week after 03/11 every single Embassy closed here in Tokyo
and moved at least to Osaka!

But i doubt that they think about Fukushima and Radiation!
There are so many Cores all around Japan,
no escape possible!

People forget how big Tokyo is in the so called "Reality",
when the "big One" (above the level of Mag.8)
strike this Town no help can reach the Citizens, everything will collapse.

Even when they can evacuate 2 Million People a day they will need 20 days.

Japan closed his Eyes for the total Catastrophe for a very long time
as we can see now after 03/11.

We are very well prepared for the tiny ones or to help other Countries
but for Japan it self no one is/was able to think about it,
because this means Suffering, Pain and Destruction.
Japanese People avoid this Topic,
they are not like the Americans or Europeans who can live with this Scenario!

And anyway:

To-Kyo
Kyo-To

edit on 8-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by 12voltz

Sure...yeah...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive amounts of radiation they're getting dosed with...no wonder the main candidate for the "new capital" is closer to the south end of the islands.
edit on 8-8-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

Aw, that's just a coincidence, don't ya know there's nothing wrong with Fukushima, you can live there just fine.

Blech. Even with sarcasm, that statement stinks, as does the whole situation in Japan. Makes me throw up a little.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
wow that is quite telling in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
suuure, they are *now* preparing for a disaster, after all these years of knowing the dangers *now* they decide to do this.
let the civilians get poisoned by the radiation as the government calmly creep south.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SophyC76

All of a sudden after one big quake they decide its not safe to have the money all in one spot.This is very strange and i wonder why they would even disclose these plans to the media ,It just makes them look guilty . Every city on the coast of the Pacific should move inland and up high in case a tsunami comes in ?.
www.cityriskpedia.com...
Kobe Earthquake 1995
Off site content
Five months after the devastation caused by the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake The Kobe City Restoration Plan was published. This detailed plan extended on every aspect of earthquake recovery, from helping the elderly to rebuilding the correct infrastructure, but with the overall goal of reconstructing the city Kobe into stronger, safer, and internationally vital city.'

Run away ,No build it better

Tokyo ,minimal damage .
articles.latimes.com...
'Japan earthquake disrupts Tokyo, leaves capital only lightly damage'

edit on 9-8-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
www.abc.net.au...

Japan is considering the possibility of creating a back-up capital city in case a major natural disaster strikes Tokyo
It is feared if a massive earthquake like the March magnitude 9.0 quake struck Tokyo, it could destroy the country's political and economic base.
Thinking of moving in case a disaster happens?or getting the hell out of there before the full effect from Fukishima takes its toll.
So an earthquake hits japan ,nothing new, but all of a sudden they are thinking about moving the city to another part of Japan ,Probably in the Earthquake free zone they have cleverly found.
This is just strange,Have they not had earthquakes before ? Maybe move the Nuclear plants to the top of Mount Fuji and build the new city in under the sea

ya. curious as to how many other countries would do the same?
i heard the U.S. did a similar thing bringing the main components of the CIA langley va offices to Denver Colorado .. if a backup US capitol would be Denver, Colorado - which would still be... D.C. ... get it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Japan and earthquakes are NO stranger to one another. To me, this says that either they expect something new and yet to be experienced, such as a mega quake traveling through the new fractures produced by the latest quake swarm, or that radiation is frying the hell outta them.
edit on 9-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Right right... because the south end of the island never gets earthquakes, ever.

Uh huh.

That's their story and their sticking to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Moving to Osaka or another large city as suggested in the report
,Safer than Tokyo?
www.city.osaka.lg.jp.../english/01/index.html
According to the results of a survey by Osaka City, the location of the Uemachi Fault Group is assumed to be as shown in the drawing.
The drawing shows a fault line right under Osaka

Perhaps Kyoto
www.pref.kyoto.jp...
1. Earthquakes in Kyoto
In terms of large-scale earthquakes, it is expected that the many fault lines in Kyoto Prefecture, such as the Hanaore fault and Nara Basin Toen fault, will cause inland earthquakes. There is also a high probability of large damage occurring from a Tonankai-Nankai earthquake predicted to take place at sea.

No luck there

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Denver is where they are coming. Follow the buy up of colorado land buy the military. And we have the most sunshine yearly on avg than any other US city!!! And once we trade Orton and Tebow and get Andre Luck next year all of the Glitararti will love us!

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
oK, i like the "pro" active vision around the concept but are they gonna build skyscrapers and let no one to live in there just in case a 9+ quake?

That does'nt make any logic since they already need to relocate a whole part of the island, and where they gonna build it? ? on top of mount fuji? argh. i feel like the french guy on youtube lol.

Anyways, do those winds always blows toward the ocean in japan?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2

Anyways, do those winds always blows toward the ocean in japan?

No.

Sometimes the winds will blow the Fukushima pollution to the direct north.

And sometimes, like several times recently, the wind blew it directly at Tokyo. No joke.

Tokyo is directly downwind from Fukushima for multiple days per month. But the wind shifts there a lot so it changes rapidly. Also I believe it depends on the season and time of the year for general wind directions.

That is my opinion about why they are making plans to leave. I have been expecting evacuations of Tokyo since the first days of this catastrophe.

Lately however, I have come to the conclusion that it could take them upwards of 25-30 years to accomplish it since apparently they are mostly in denial about the whole ordeal.

You simply cannot maintain Tokyo when it is being contaminated in this way. It's not possible.
Like I said within a few decades, after countless miscarriages, birth deformities, and the oncoming cancer epidemic, no one will be able to live there as they will not be able to reproduce effectively.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by prevenge

Denver is where they are coming. Follow the buy up of colorado land buy the military. And we have the most sunshine yearly on avg than any other US city!!! And once we trade Orton and Tebow and get Andre Luck next year all of the Glitararti will love us!

CJ

Denver, most sunshine? I live in Las Vegas and have lived in Arizona and I do believe you are wrong on that. I have also lived in Colorado(Louisville, Westminster) and there is no way Colorado has more sunshine than the desert.

Also, they ain't a gonna trade both Orton AND Tebow.as right now they are trying to make Orton look good by saying that he's lighting it up in practice(practice, we talking about practice?) so they can trade him and start the Tebow era. Which, I can say with all my heart, I do hope fails as I am not a Broncos fan.

Denver is going to have to eat it this year to get Luck and I don't see that a happening.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

According to this chart, you are right...Denver is the 6th most "sunny" city.

Not Always Sunny In Denver

Regarding your comments on the Broncos, can't a guy dream a little??

CJ

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well when so many quakes strike everywhere around Tokyo except right on it- you have to wonder how much more their luck is going to last. It's been pretty unbelievable to me that through that massive aftershock sequence somehow Tokyo itself has been spared to this point from a direct hit. Whether for fallout reasons or the damage a bigger quake could do if it hit in Tokyo, the evacuation plans are prudent. Even if the quakes fade more and they don't evacuate, it's good to have a plan.

Recently a new flurry of smaller quakes came pretty close to Tokyo, and that might have raised some eyebrows. A repeat of something like the big Kanto quake near the southern subduction zone in modern Japan could potentially have far worse results. We've been documenting it in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join