It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a cognitive dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A cognitive dream is I recall correctly is one in which you become aware of the fact that you are dreaming and you are able to control the dream as a result. I've only had one
Long ago we had moved from one home into another and my relative had moved into our previous home and had remodeled it. In my dream my niece is there with her small child who gets some nails and swallows them and is choking, I am trying to get the nails out of her throat she is slowly dying as a result of the nails cutting off her airway, I am panicking bigtime, all the other people that are there seem unaware of how rapidly she is deteriorating and are not helping me at all, suddenly I become aware that the house is my old house and that it just like it was when we lived there, I realize that it is not like that at all now and thus I began to laugh and give the child to her mother and say she is fine, this is not real, this is all a dream. The child stops coughing and begins to play. I begin to explain that the house is in reality totally different now and that we should all look around and enjoy ourselves because its all ok its a dream.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have cognitive dreams on fairly frequent occasions. In them, I recognize that something "bad" is about to happen. I then tell myself , "This is only a dream and you can use your mind to stop the bad thing from happening." It seems to work. Sometimes I can completely change the imagery in the dreams as well.
I know, in one, I was been hunted by terrorists types, as they aimed their guns at me, I said to myself "Stop, this is a dream", and they vanished. It's a handy ability to have!!!
joey

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes I have many of them, but some times is astral traveling involved.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey goose, the course I posted in this thread ought to shed some light on dreams and the Astral Plane:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm the same as joey. Usually, the cognitive dreams happen when something I don't like or something crazy happens. The worst one that I had was when I dreamed that I was married to a girlfriend I had in high school. Talk about a nightmare. I kept thinking, "Why did I marry her when I liked (my wife) better?" Then I thought about my wedding day and realized that this had to be a dream. That fixed the situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It is called lucid dreaming and I believe that if you search there are some threads around here on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
hi,

i my first lucid dreams came about like this

we have this huge tiger picture at the top of our stairs

about 15 years ago (i'm 24 now)
i started having horriffic dreams about this picture

typically it would go like this:
i'd be in my house and the dream was normal.
then i would come out of my bedroom an get a glimpse of the tiger.

my whole body goes into shock!!! and i freeze

to my horror, the tiger is in a different possition!!!
and i know somthing is very wrong.

then it jumps out of the picture with this horriffic squeeling sound.

i run down the stairs but it jumps on me and starts eating my ARMS!!!!

sound funny, but it wasent.

after 70 or so of these dreams over the course of 3 years
it got milder.

untill it just wasent scarry anymore

the only thing that would happen is that the tiger would look different.

this would later on become my DREAM SIGHN!!!

every time i saw the tiger in a different pose i would realize it was a dream.
it was like a sighn post after that and was at the start of most of my dreams good or bad.

after 2 years of these lucid dreams they stopped. :-(

now 24 and intrested in lucid dreamming
i can not do it
i took a pic of the tiger(see a above)
and try to stare at it for 20 mins before i go to bed
but i never dream about it.

i read in my books that a dream sighn is imprtant in lucid dreaming
oh well, maybe some time soon.

i hope that pic of the tiger hauntes u for ever like it did me

just kidding (it is pretty scarry though)

[Edited on 19-8-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I had such a dream,where i am on some sort of wooden platform in the middle of the ocean.There is a small wooden office building behind me,and in front of me steps leading down into the water.I was standing on the top step,when a wave splashed me,it was icy cold.I remember shaking my head,to get the wet hair out of my face,and saying out loud:"Good Lord,what kind of dream IS this?!" cause i was aware i was dreaming,but that it felt totaly too real to be a dream..I looked down and saw i was wearing my oldest daughter's shoes,they were wet,and i thought:"Ali is gonna kill me for ruining these shoes!"

Then i was walking down a wooden passage,along the side of the office building,and came to a deck,jutting out into the sea..I remember feeling i have to throw up,though i din'nt feel nauseous,and i went down on my hands and knees.I felt it was very important to take note at what came out.I then vomited up gushing liters and liters of pitch-black fluid.I suddenly noticed that there was an open book under that stream of black liquid vomit,i tried to see what was written on the pages,but could'nt make out anything,then i dont remember anything after that.
I just love dreams,so mysterious and fascinating.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All the time, infact all of my mundane dreams are cognitive and I have full control of them.... even to the point that I decided to time the difference between Real Time and Dream Time. I started my stopwatch and began to count in my head. I quickly slipped into the dream state and had continued to count up to 15 seconds, I quickly woke up and stopped my stopwatch 5 seconds had passed. So yes I have full control within my dreams it's only my pre-cogs that I cannot control due to their nature.
It's just something I've always done.
p.s edit tip.... Use a special ability or introduce a person you have relied on in another dream, e.g a good person you have dreamed of in the past, a magic ability or super power just introduce them to the dream.
This could be simply anxiety for a member of your family, it happens.
edit on 8-3-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join