It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which market should we keep an eye on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Okay this has been making me ask a few questions, which market is the one we should keep an eye on in regards to the stock market for if one market falls below a certain number we enter panic mode?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All of them, but especially Europe and the US. In Europe, especially France, Italy, Germany especially.

And not only the stock market but the bond market and the credit default swap market.

Tomorrow will be crucial. Tomorrow can start the most epic stock market collapse in history.... depending on what Bernanke will say/do.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
hmm, Asian markets moreso? as the Nikkei dropped about 4 % and the Seoul Composite has dropped above 5.35%

I am unsure how that will affect tomorrows trading, but I guess the Hang Seng is the major one to look out for.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
After the riots in London and the bombshell of the American credit rating still lingering I suspect that the FTSE will nosedive when the market opens.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
I am unsure how that will affect tomorrows trading, but I guess the Hang Seng is the major one to look out for.

The Hang Seng just got creamed... -6.3% on open... that's a recovery sign or something...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yea, they took a beating yesterday and they open back up in less than 20 minutes. Some of these other markets on

finance.yahoo.com... are also taking a pounding as well, and its not even the first hour of trading in some of these places.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I would have to agree that the Asian markets will be the key since they start things off. If they stabilize then the rest will follow suit. Today was the day for the part time investors (Ameritraders) to dump their stocks in a panic and for the savvy investors to sweep in and buy low.

I said this in another thread, the problem with the markets is all the part timers who watch the news, panic and sell. It's the old timers who buy it up, ride out the storm and ultimately make a killing in this type of market.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I might actually start putting a few in investments, I know someone who does at an anime convention he puts in 200 a month and lives off the dividends but I searched up the Hang Seng on www.hsi.com.hk... and they dropped down 7.48% or 1531.96 points.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Remember this...

This might happen tomorrow... but on a much larger scale.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yea, I wonder what is happening in Hong Kongs market right now, I would say a cause of concern is if it dropped past 10%

top topics

join