posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so thought I'd chuck it in General Chit Chat.
I was out swimming in an old quarry with some friends in the pine forest on the weekend in Victoria, Australia.
After a while we decided to go a little further into the forest and find a spot to go fishing.
We came across a very secluded spot and parked the car.
As I got out of the car, this strange looking "rock" sitting amongst the bluestone gravel a few metres away caught my eye:
(Sorry about the images, kinda hard to take a decent photo of it)
There was nothing else even remotely similar visible in the area, as I said above, it was just sitting amongst the gravel.
1. It is definitely some form of metal, not rock.
2. It is almost perfectly spherical.
3. It is roughly 1.5 inches in diameter.
4. It is extremely heavy for it's size, feels heavier than a ball of lead
5. No magnetism as far as I can tell.
Anyone have any idea what it is?