Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Meteorite Over Oklahoma

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Today at about 8:00 P.M. I saw what looked to be a meteorite in Earth's atmosphere over Muldrow, Oklahoma. It continued until it was out of sight. Changed colors while falling with a trail behind it.

Does anyone know how I can validate this?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The perseid (sp) meteor shower possibly. Till the 22nd isn't it?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
Today at about 8:00 P.M. I saw what looked to be a meteorite in Earth's atmosphere over Muldrow, Oklahoma. It continued until it was out of sight. Changed colors while falling with a trail behind it.

Does anyone know how I can validate this?

Hello,
Oh, how neat! How large did it appear? And yes, the Perseid meteor shower is still going on.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Technical detail but if you didn't see it hit the ground and observe it as a solid object its a meteor sighting. In any event, there are several groups that keep track of these sort of things.

Its quite possible that you were the only person to see it, if so, it would generally go unreported in the general media. They happen far more often than most people realize.

Here's one form and destination you can send it to. You may want to do a Google search for American agencies that take reports as well. Take care.

www.stud.ntnu.no...

top topics

join