It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Foot Shark Found 50 Miles Inland In Remote Forrest Area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm not sure how an 8 foot blue shark could have made it's way this far unless it was transported somehow. The question is, who, and why?

Obviously someone could have caught it drove inland, and ventured into a remote area in the woods... but something smells fishy (no pun intended) about this.

My ATS senses are going off, and leading me in the direction that it was dropped from an object that was in the air....

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/08/08/am.8ft.shark.found.woods.cnn

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Were there any lasers found near by? Maybe Dr. Evil is finally getting his wish.

Like one article said that I read, it was probably someone who caught it without a license and freaked out and dumped it in the forest.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Actually its rare but sharks have a history of venturing inland. There was a case in New Jersey where a shark traveled up a fresh water creek and actually attacked some young swimmers in local swimming holes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
can you post the video??some reason it wont play for me on cnn

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

video

as to why it's there...I have no idea...it's so strange...possibly fished up then taken there as some sort of prank? no idea here...
edit on 8-8-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Were there any lasers found near by? Maybe Dr. Evil is finally getting his wish.

Like one article said that I read, it was probably someone who caught it without a license and freaked out and dumped it in the forest.

Precisely. They would catch it, and freak out.

Instead of throwing it back... they would....

Fight with it for hours until it tired out and finally reel it in with the help of other individuals. Drive the boat miles to the shore and dock it. While many people watched them, they would get the assistance of numerous individuals, and load it in a truck. Next they would drive 50 miles to a remote area where few people have ever been. They would they trek through the woods into a very remote area, then slam the shark on the ground to make it look like it fell from a height.

Later they would realize they could have just thrown it back.

edit on 8-8-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

True. Bullsharks venture into fresh water all the time, but not ON land!
Probably someone caught it in the ocean and got scared bc they didnt know the legality of catching and keeping that species so they chickened out & dumped it en route home.
Pretty freaky, though.
edit on 8-8-2011 by louieprima because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can't watch the video at the moment, so can anyone tell me what kind of shark it is?

I know that bull sharks swim in both saline and fresh water. So it wouldn't be very unlikely to find one swimming at that distance from the ocean. As to it being in a forest, chances are someone caught it and ditched it.

I've found bull shark carcasses washed up alongside streams of distances around up to an hour's drive away from the beach.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

It's a Blue Shark, not a Bull Shark.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry but all I could see in my head as I read this was the early Batman film with Adam West and Burt Ward from the T.V. series and the plastic shark hung off the rope ladder underneath a helicopter. So you could be right it could have been dropped from the air, has it been tested for the bat shark repellant they used! Holy schmoley Batman.

edit on 8/8/11 by goldentorch because: edit

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Remember, the Betty / Barney Hill case happened in New Hampshire, in the white mountains.

This seems to be very close to where the shark was located in Milton, NH.

EDIT: These are actually very close:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Are you suggesting a sort of land based Bermuda Triangle sort of a thing?

Gotta admit I love reading/hearing about that kind of stuff. I'd sure like to read your theory if you have one on a backburner somewhere?

Interesting connection, anyway. Thanks for the insight. I will check into this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Precisely. They would catch it, and freak out.

Instead of throwing it back... they would....

Fight with it for hours until it tired out and finally reel it in with the help of other individuals. Drive the boat miles to the shore and dock it. While many people watched them, they would get the assistance of numerous individuals, and load it in a truck. Next they would drive 50 miles to a remote area where few people have ever been. They would they trek through the woods into a very remote area, then slam the shark on the ground to make it look like it fell from a height.

Later they would realize they could have just thrown it back.

Come on now.

You are stating that something dropped the shark off from the air (opening post).......What exactly?

I bet it started stinking and someone's ole lady made them get it out of the truck or car. She probably threatened no sex for a month.

Something dropped it out of the sky

Conspiracy news......This makes me laugh. Thank you for the entertainment.

Troll out.....I mean Liejunkie 01 out

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It was probably picked up from a water spout and tossed inland.....or at least it could happen that way...

Raining animals is a rare meteorological phenomenon in which flightless animals "rain" from the sky. Such occurrences have been reported from many countries throughout history. One hypothesis offered to explain this phenomenon is that strong winds traveling over water sometimes pick up creatures such as fish or frogs, and carry them for up to several miles.[1] However, this primary aspect of the phenomenon has never been witnessed or scientifically tested. Sometimes the animals survive the fall, suggesting the animals are dropped shortly after extraction. Several witnesses of raining frogs describe the animals as startled, though healthy, and exhibiting relatively normal behavior shortly after the event. In some incidents, however, the animals are frozen to death or even completely encased in ice. There are examples where the product of the rain is not intact animals, but shredded body parts. Some cases occur just after storms having strong winds, especially during tornadoes. However, there have been many unconfirmed cases in which rainfalls of animals have occurred in fair weather and in the absence of strong winds or waterspouts.

From Wiki :Raining Animals

Although thats a BIG shark to be brought so far inland.... It is possible.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Again, anything is possible, I just don't buy the fact that a fisherman dropped it off there, 1 hour away from the shore...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by liejunkie01

Again, anything is possible, I just don't buy the fact that a fisherman dropped it off there, 1 hour away from the shore...

Maybe he drove four hours to go fishing.....I drive my son long distances to go fishing.

I am thinking it was starting to smell unfresh and it was time for it to go.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe the shark had a time slip. One minute it is swimming a thousands miles out to sea and then boom it finds itself 50 miles inland with no clue where it is at or how it got there. It may sound crazy but why not. This is a crazy world we will in now days and who is to say that time slips only happen to people.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
odd that it was a blue shark. they dont even hangout near the coasts, they are deep sea long distance travelers.

one of the only types of shark that will eat other sharks.

its very doubtful that this was caught by a fisherman and subsequently "placed" into a forrest.

8 foot shark is not easy to move around covertly.
edit on 8-8-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

It is indeed very strange. A bull shark may have been plausible... but....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Must be the Mexicans again...El Mistako..

Interesting find..S & F
edit on 8-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join