It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all those who like food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Pot roast.....

Now as a little disclaimer.. this is mostly a Levi Roots recipe sadly not my own although have made a few little changes -

ingredients...

4lb (1.8kg) of topside beef
6 sprigs of thyme
3 garlic cloves
2 cm (3/4 inch) root ginger
2 scotch bonnet chillis
3 spring onion/salad onion green bit only
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp malt vinegar
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
oil
1 onion
celery
4 plum tomatoes
150 ml beef stock
75 ml of gold rum
4 carrots
8/12 small potatoes
1/3 of a decent sized butternut squash cubed (small cubes)

The night before......

take the meat... put decent size (in terms of depth) holes trhough it with a knife...

in a food processor blitz half the thyme, garlic, chilli and spring onions and ginger untill a paste and stuff the slitz made in the beef full of it, in a decent sized bowl, put the soy the vinegar and sugar mix it well and then dip the meat in it making sure all the meat is covered with the fluid and put in the fridge over night in the bowl with the fluid turning every now and then (at this point whack in any extra paste you have into the vinegar mix as we'll use it 2morrow)

take the joint out the bowl and pat dry... put it in a big pot and brown it on all sides... take it out the pot chop the onion celery and put them in the pot. add the tomatoes (chopped) the thyme the rest of the marinade (everything in the bowl) the stock and the rum put the meat back in and turn heat down to a simmer (cover pot but dont put the lid on fully) after about two hours add the carrots, potatoes and buttneut squash (all in big bit sized pieces as they break down a bit when cooking,
you might want to add some more stock for the potatoes carrots and butternut squash to cook in... i usually do ( i actually usually put about 3/4 a can of red strip in at this point) cook for about 40 minutes (untill the potatoes carrots n butternut squash are all soft and tender...

Serve... enjoy

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

well...

The dumpling recipe i have is quite straight forward.. 150g plain flour
half a teaspoon of all spice (pimento berries)
salt 5 tbsp of water..

quite simply mix together and pull of little balls of dough and it really comes down to what you add them too.. see the pot roast recipe i put there.. put some in the fluid in there for about 10 minutes (depending on size of the dough balls) a tastey addition

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So there is a few recipes for you guys there to try out and let me know what you think?? feedback is always appreciated

I have a recipe for a carribean style Veal wellington.. and a slightly less excitining mushroom wellington for the veggies out there... but that should maybe be for another thread

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Jamaican.. carribean in general, i love currys (indian) and im a novice with Far eastern foods but i give it ago

i love spice in general

mmmmmmm curry, one of my favs!

I like a lot of Indian food, love the spicy even if it doesn't like me later. I get mad heart burn but it's worth it lol.

Never tried any Jamaican or Carribean foods. You should post some and I will try them

I am getting into Middle Eastern food this week
Tonight I am using curry in my dish, just not sure what I am going to make. I might use my wonton wrappers again and come up with something on my own using foods they would use there.

I LOVE cooking and I love to make up my own recipes!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

try some of my recipes and see what you think,

Do you make your own spice blend for your currys??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join