It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all those who like food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well...

Kinda strange scenario... i love to cook, its possibly my only real hobby, have done it all my life, i like to go wild in the kitchen, bake at 3 in the morning, get up at the weekend at 6 in the morning to cook three main meals for a firends dinner party before the other half and my boy wake up...

im a 26 year old male who is well traveled and properly loves cooking,

i was going to start a book of all my recipies to have them written down somewhere, then i realised i could do that here through posts if people were interested.

most things are just things i wake up with.. not like they come to me in dreams or i only dream about food but well i suppose somtimes they do
(i woke my 8 month pregnant girlfriend up at 4 in the morning with a deconstructed chilli recipe once) but i have always wanted to have other people try my recipies (other than my family and friends)

Anyway... would anyone be intrested in Carribean cooking?? i have a million recipies i have either Created or made my own over years and would love to share them with folks if its the kinda thing people would like recipies for.....

i wouldnt want to just force recipies on you guys!

oooh and Hi

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Hi...BRING ON THE RECIPES!.....Caribbean cooking I have never tried ...(as yet)...please share with me some recipes.....I am particularly interested in any chicken, fish, and vegetarian recipes.

I am a foodie...and I am always open to more good food!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

YES!

I love to cook! My cooking blog i started a couple weeks ago is in my signature

I post a lot of my recipes on here as well.

You should do the same! I too am having a cookbook made out of my recipes!

What do you enjoy cooking the most? For me it's Italian and French

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Quality well as my other half is Veggie i cook both Veggie and Normal (lol) people food

As long as you dont mind spice and you like sweet potatoes

i will get one typed up 2morrow (my time for you)

infact.... give me two secs got a real quick one for you too try

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Jamaican.. carribean in general, i love currys (indian) and im a novice with Far eastern foods but i give it ago

i love spice in general

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would love to see some! I love.cooking, and am always looking for new things to cook!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I once had dumplings at a Caribean restaraunt they were quite small and moist and quite delicious. If you could help me out with those it would be much appreciated.
edit on 8/8/11 by goldentorch because: Nouns start with Capitals

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Jamaican.. carribean in general, i love currys (indian) and im a novice with Far eastern foods but i give it ago

i love spice in general

Jerk chkn? id love to make some, but dont know which recipe to try.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Right - A Quick one....

Get Salad onion/ Spring onions (3 or 4)
Scotch Bonnet Chillis (2)
Green "bell" Peppers (3)
Red "bell" pepper (1)

Four chicken breasts
1 can of Coconut milk
1 can of red stripe lager
oil

Fry the chicken in an oven proof Pot in the oil untill its lightly brown, smove from the oil, chop the chilli's all the onions (including green bits) and Green peppers and fry in the pot add the cocnut milk and lager and bring to the boil,
put the chicken and the chopped Red pepper in, cover and place in the oven for about an hour and a half,

Serve with a buttery sweet poatato and butternut squash mash... fry some garlic for the mash before you get your mash on and it brings out the sweetness in the potatoes

Just a quick one as im at work.....

Enjoy.

edit on 8-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

i love spice in general

Jerk chkn? id love to make some, but dont know which recipe to try.

Got a great jerk recipe.. will provide 2morrow though as im just about to finish work for the night and need to get my quantities right, there beauty with jerk is, it lasts forever

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldentorch
I once had dumplings at a Caribean restaraunt they were quite small and moist and quite delicious. If you could help me out with those it would be much appreciated.
edit on 8/8/11 by goldentorch because: Nouns start with Capitals

2morrow without any problem

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Also...

You want to get allspice/pimento berries
they are an essential for jamiacan cuisine

Also...

spring/salad/green onions
plenty of garlic
Scotch bonnet/habenero chilli's
all important flavours in the carribean

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What is a.pimento berry?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I make comments on resipes ..that way they are saved in my posts and I go back ans make them

Please..Pot Roast ?

Rice pudding ?

REAL Jerked Chicken ?

edit on 8-8-2011 by granpabobby because: add content

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I hate food.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I will stalk your profile
I will try your resipes
S & F

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
What is a.pimento berry?

Pimento berry is the same as all spice... its a dried seed which literally smells of all spice, kinda cinnamon-y ginger-y star anisie-y

it does come under "all spice" but i prefer to buy pimmento berries and cruch them down in the pestle and mortar myself.. i would highly reccomed using these.. you need them to make a real jerk seasoning the flavour is much more... err.. round (less flat)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Pot roast i can do......
and im going to put my jerk seasoning recipe up just shortly...

odly enough... with rice pudding i woke up three days ago, then invited my mates over to try a new recipe i had came up with for rice pudding (carribean style)

so... i got a pineapple diced it into bite sized chunks, whacked it in a frying pan with about a heaped teaspoon of molasas and a good cup of white rum and the same of gold rum set it on fire and let it cook down and caramalize,

in a diffrent large pot i put 1 can cocnut cream, 3/4 a litre of gold top milk (full cream, if you cant get it use blue top non skimmed type milk) 4 tablespoons of dark brown sugar and half a bannana fineley diced (keep the other half)

in a large lasagne type dish i then poured the tastey pineapple and all the caramalised goo with it across the bottom,

once the milk mixture was to the boil i added around 200g of pudding rice to it and gave it a quickstir, poured it over the pinapple and lightly stirred it around a little, then with the bananna i put more dark rum in the fryiny pan with about another two spoons of dark brown sugar and sliced the banna up thin allowing it to take on the flavour of the run and letting the sugar thicken and caramalise,

whacked that on top... put in the oven... around 180 for arond 1 and a half 2 hours checking on it untill the rice was ready... as a side not... i had to add maybe around a pint of extra milk around midway through as it was thickening up awful quickly... it may have been the depth of the dish i was using, it may have been as a few mates were round i didnt cover it so the milk evaporated tooo quickly... i need to try a few more things.. but hey give it a go and let me know!!

also.. if you cant get pudding rice.. im pretty certain with some slight changing to the recipe you could achieve the same scenario with risotto rice... just a though

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Bring on the food!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First a disclaimer.. this is hot.. it is also not the absolute difinitive Jerk recipe.. its somthing i have made before.. a few times.. changing it here and there, asking jamaicans what i shoudl do with it.. it is essentially my Jerk marinade, whack it on chicken over night or whatever meat... especially good for BBQ

Jerk Seasoning -

yo'll need -

Thyme.. preferably fresh.. dry is ok but i would know the measurements
(around three sprigs of thyme)
Salad/Spring onions (about6)
Garlic (5 cloves)
honey (2 table spoons)
cider vinegar 3 table spoons)
Brown sugar (2 table spoons)
Scotch bonnet chilli's (4-6 depending on how much you hate yourself
)
a lime
half an orange
6 pimento berries (maybe three heaped teaspoons of allspice powder)
ginger (root) (3cm squared piece)
salt (teaspoon)
Pepper (teaspoon)
olive oil (teaspoon)

Get the orange juice and lime juice in a blender, add one of the white bits from 1 spring onion and all the green bits from the other spring onions, put all the rest on the ingredients in a blender, blitz it down untill smooth essentially a greeny tinged paste... get it in a sealable dish/jar and leave it in the fridge for a day or two before you use it... down... you got jerk

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join