It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Riots are the future, if not the norm, and here's why.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

This is not political, nothing to do with that according to articles, news and those that are there - These riots are currently based on a shooting of a local man Mark Duggan. How did you come to the conclusion that this is a "riots of the future" things???

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker

This is not political, nothing to do with that according to articles, news and those that are there - These riots are currently based on a shooting of a local man Mark Duggan. How did you come to the conclusion that this is a "riots of the future" things???

so·ci·ol·o·gy   /ˌsoʊsiˈɒlədʒi, ˌsoʊʃi-/ Show Spelled[soh-see-ol-uh-jee, soh-shee-] Show IPA
noun
the science or study of the origin, development, organization, and functioning of human society; the science of the fundamental laws of social relations, institutions, etc.

pol·i·tics   /ˈpɒlɪtɪks/ Show Spelled[pol-i-tiks] Show IPA
noun ( used with a singular or plural verb )
1. the science or art of political government.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Let's try to stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
It is easy to talk a big game hiding behind a computer screen but when thugs are roaming streets in your city setting places on fire and looting then you can post about how tough you are and how you would stand up to them. Fact is, you are not there so it is easy to criticize someone else.

This guy was in a REAL war!!

This is not about being *tough*
If they came burning down
Family friends or MY HOME or BUSINESS
Guarantee you no matter how many
there were, a hail storm of bullets is what
they would meet..
People don't understand these gun toting
americans will die with their ships..

It would be over now if people had guns...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Maybe this will help, a reply from another thread.

Originally posted by Shamatt
reply to post by Heartisblack

Mate, I'm probably old enough to be your father.

Just to make my original point, THIS is why it is so wrong:

This is why it is so wrong:

Source

Just a quick dose of reality.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

A picture like that is worth a thousand dollars.

The person taking it isn't helping, that's what's wrong.

i've authored a thread on how this rioting is exactly what the UK Citizenry is asking for when they let their banks, government, and corporations rob them. So the poor are getting their fingers into it too, why the fuss now?

Aren't children being harmed by austerity in surrounding countries, as well as their own? Aren't they harmed by the trillions or quadrillions of banker fraud? Aren't they harmed by the greedy policies of the government which does nothing but take their cut?

When anyone looks at this picture, they are angry, especially the second one. The scared confusion and loss of innocence is sickening. I understand that is your reaction. My reaction, as someone who served in the military, was injured in the military, is that this person is taking pictures instead of helping. No one is fighting the rioters.

For a society that has banned together against guns, you would that that when you outnumber some hoodlums a thousand to one, there would be nothing stopping citizens from quelling the mob and arresting the perpetrators.

No, the country would rather stand int he streets gawking and uploading pictures to the internet.

That's what I see. I hope your eyes are open, because there's more to come. Much closer to home. Everyone will have to wake up, and it will probably be to streets like this. They will have to wake up before anything changes, before anything is better.

Source : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I also saved a soldiers life who was trying to kill himself, and then protected myself from him as he turned the knife on me.

aw that's unfortunate did you end up killing him?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by m1991

I also saved a soldiers life who was trying to kill himself, and then protected myself from him as he turned the knife on me.

aw that's unfortunate did you end up killing him?

No, he only suffered a headache from lack of oxygen to the brain. After that, he was treated at a mental health inpatient clinic and I never heard from him again until about a year ago when he found my wife's number and started harassing her about me choking him out what was around three years ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

so·ci·ol·o·gy   /ˌsoʊsiˈɒlədʒi, ˌsoʊʃi-/ Show Spelled[soh-see-ol-uh-jee, soh-shee-] Show IPA
noun
the science or study of the origin, development, organization, and functioning of human society; the science of the fundamental laws of social relations, institutions, etc.

pol·i·tics   /ˈpɒlɪtɪks/ Show Spelled[pol-i-tiks] Show IPA
noun ( used with a singular or plural verb )
1. the science or art of political government.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Let's try to stay on topic.

hahahaha Was on topic as far as I am concerned. I was stating what you seemed to miss that these were not politically motivated. It was based purely on a shooting by the police - again I need you to answer the question - where did you get that this is politically based?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

where did you get that this is politically based?

You brought it up, not me.
Second ling agrees.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join