It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Orange Goo is Unidentified Eggs!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, apparently they have sent a sample to Charleston,SC to be identified.
My home town,and why so far away?Don't they have their own marine biologists there somewhere?

Samples are being sent to a NOAA laboratory in Charleston, S.C., for further analysis. The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation also sent samples Monday to the Institute for Marine Science at the University of Alaska Fairbanks Read more: www.adn.com...

www.adn.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Another note, many aquatic critters will eat roe. To find a blob big enough to report? Are they radioactive?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

So far as I found, there is little additional information as yet. No mention of radioactivity. The eggs were filled with a fatty acid and Inupiat residents, who say they have never seen such phenomena, estimated the volume as being "at least 1000 gallons."

A mysterious orange goo that appeared on the shore of a small village in Alaska has been identified as "millions of microscopic eggs filled with fatty droplets," the AP reports. But researchers say they still don't know what the eggs might hatch, or if they are toxic. The mass of eggs began appearing last week, surprising even longtime residents of the village of Kivalina. Discovery News, which spoke with a town official, describes the goo: Found several miles inland in the fresh water Wulik River, the orange material turned gooey and gave off a gaseous odor. But scooped out of the ocean, the substance had no odor and "was light to the touch, with the feel of baby oil," relayed Janet Mitchell, City Administrator for Kivalina. The AP reports that the village of Kivalina is "an Inupiat Eskimo community located at the tip of an 8-mile barrier reef on Alaska's northwest coast. Residents live largely off the land, and many are worried about the effect on the local wildlife and plants from a substance never seen there before." Orange-tinted water was reported in areas around Kivalina, as well. And reports that the cloud of eggs might have killed minnows brought new questions over whether the eggs might be toxic, or if the sheer volume of the eggs may have deprived the minnows of oxygen. In Juneau, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration scientist Jeep Rice said Monday, "It was easy to see cellular structure surrounding the lipid droplet, and to identify this as 'animal.' We have determined these are small invertebrate eggs, although we cannot tell which species."

edit on 8/14/2011 by Open2Truth because: wrong quote box

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is this where the story ends? No further information. What was the results from SC other that unknown? Has there even been a test on the DNA? What about the toxic possibility? Why has there been no more answers? It seems that it is getting swept under the rug. When the official story stops that is the time that most people think something was found and they are just not talking about it because the answers are too bad to release to the public.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by remembering

It's the weekend. You don't expect them to work on the weekend do you?

It's eggs, exactly what species is not clear. There is no need to panic.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well i am new to your forum. I will reply to the post with ONLY FACTS

I am an analyst for a private research organization named GlobalResearchers.Org

We have been in contact with the Kivalina town administration and also will be examining samples that are on their way to us at the moment regarding the "eggs that fell from the sky event"
Facts about all the articles you all have read:
1-They do NOT know this to be crustacean eggs. Regardless, what you have all read on the news, "crustacean eggs" are not a known fact for these "eggs" As it stands, they "ressemble" crustacean eggs, but they contain some oddities within them. By oddities it is NOT meant that it could be malformed, or undeveloped to its natural state. We simply dont understand certain traits of them.
2- The area was thoroughly clean by the response team that showed up. (please do not turn that into a conspiracy, this is normal when dealing with possibly toxic material that would threaten the lives of the individuals in the town).
3-The initial responders to the event from the USA govt were the EPA, and NOAA.
4- The town of Kivalina is 430 people per this years statistics within their community.
5- The town lives off, berries, caribou, fishing.
6- The appearance of these "eggs" occured in more than one town. Buckland is the second town (currently being researched by our organization, we are not releasing details on this yet, we are still validating facts about that town).
7-It was airborne. This was one of the first and easiest conclusions to make when observing video, pictures, or even any other media we have observed on it through our research.
8- The area has had some drastic changes regarding weather. Changes extreme enough to point out when researching anything in the area. I have taken the liberty to post links to the pictures of a one year span observation at roughly 10,000 feet. If these changes where not localized to the Kivalina area they would be catastrophic on a worldwide level.
globalresearchers.org...
contrast the changes in that area to a year later, and it shows a drastic climate change that is only happening in "certain" areas globaly.
globalresearchers.org...

This is my first posting on this forum. I am not a conspiracy theorist, and the reason we are looking into this event is because a small instance like this could jeopardize the survival of those small towns, considering they directly depend on the wellness of their enviornment to survive. I have made this post with permission from my superiors and everything i have quoted is 100000000% fact. If i have overstepped this forums boundaries by linking back to the report released by GlobalResearchers.Org then i apologize, but i saw the need for it, since i noticed that some individuals are skeptic of the medias reports, skeptic as they should be since we have seen plenty of misreporting on a wide variety of subjects including this one.

Preliminary article found at:
globalresearchers.org...

Respectfully
[email protected]
edit on 15-8-2011 by globalresearchers because: forgot to link to article quoted.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sorry didnt know where else too post this,, but it might be realted,, who knows,,

orange goo
that appeared on the shore, of,
Kivalina, Alaska, located at the tip
of an 8-mile barrier reef on
Alaska's northwest coast.
Has been identified as "millions of microscopic eggs.
"We have determined these are small invertebrate eggs,
although we cannot tell which species."

Kivalina,longtime residents,,have said,,"substance never seen there before."

In Juneau, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration scientist
Jeep Rice said ,

"It was easy to see cellular structure surrounding the lipid droplet,
and to identify this as 'animal.'
We have determined these are small invertebrate eggs,
although we cannot tell which species."

"we cannot tell which species."

"Well they better hurry cause,,apparantly there are "millions".

well got nowhere in the other ATS thread (Mysterious roadkill,,,CryptoZoology???,, so i guess this belongs here.
edit on 15-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by globalresearchers

ya thats what i thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I have made this post with permission from my superiors and everything i have quoted is 100000000% fact.

What does that mean? It's a million times more than fact?
Thanks for the report.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thank you for coming on here and clarifying things,as you had stated ,the misleading of the media is growing rampant and the mistrust is growing even more.
Looking forward to the full report,if there is one.

Must be a really big concern to everyone if they sent it here.You would think a simple microscope and dna test would do.

cientists at NCCOS's Center for Human Health Risk (CHHR) in Charleston, S.C., have some powerful new technology available to them in the form of two just-installed world-class nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) instruments. Two newly installed world-class nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) instruments housed at the new Hollings Marine Laboratory building in Charleston, S.C., offer great promise for NCCOS's human health and coastal ocean research. The new technology is expected to be a focal point of the laboratory's plans to address a range of human health and coastal ocean research areas of prime importance to NCCOS and its CHHR partners. (See this feature from January 2005 for information on CHHR and its unique partnerships.) “With this new facility, our scientists will be able to relate truly molecular-scale information to complex ecosystem issues,” according to NCCOS scientists Dan Bearden and Peter Moeller, whose enthusiasm for their new research potential is tangible. “Our new NMR capabilities will have the capacity to address most, if not all, of the key environmental stressors affecting the coastal ecosystem.

coastalscience.noaa.gov...

edit on 15-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It means beyond a doubt fact.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Any reports from the Charleston lab yet?
Just wondering,I have lived in Charleston and know quite a few people there,but no one there has heard anything about this.

I was planning on sending my daughter there to study marine biology at the College of Charleston and also retire there.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Mystery solved!
They are extraterrestrials!

Scientists have determined that the orange goo that washed up in Kivalina, Alaska is actually tiny eggs, most probably deposited from a crashed meteorite or even a UFO. "It's certainly nothing from this Earth", said Snedly Farber, a lead scientist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration at Auke Bay in Juneau. "These eggs may be from a distant planet with conditions similar to those found in Alaska".

unconfirmedsources.com...

Just kidding.

Still waiting for the report.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Okay, as the OP I am obliged to update y'all - but I have to tell you I'm more confused than ever.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Scientists say an orange-colored goo that streaked the shore of a remote Alaska village turned out to be fungal spores, not millions of microscopic eggs as indicated by preliminary analysis. Officials with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday that further tests show the substance is consistent with spores from fungi that create rust, which accounts for the color. Scientists say they still have not determined whether this spore is among the 7,800 known species of rust fungi.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In the first news releases about this, NOAA said it was unidentified microscopic eggs "filled with fatty acids." The fatty acid gave a sheen to the phenomena, and was slick to the touch, according to local residents. NOAA scientists said "It was easy to see cellular structure surrounding the lipid droplet, and to identify this as 'animal.'

Now I'm no scientist, but do microscopic fungi and microscopic eggs look the same under a microscope to professionals (NOAA)? Does rust fungi normally carry fatty acids?

If any ATS members can elaborate on how this makes biological sense, that would be great.

What do you think?
edit on 8/18/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They are Fungus Spores

www.adn.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I really have to call B.S. on this the "source"

Specifically this statement:

..further tests show the substance is consistent with spores from fungi that create rust, which accounts for the color.

Read more: www.adn.com...

I'm sorry but how stupid do "they" (whomever they may be) think we are. Maybe they don't teach this in school any more but rust is caused by oxidation, not by a fungus!

And if they are talking about this kind of rust, I'm still calling B.S. because being a pretty common fungus (especially in the US) to misidentify it as "eggs" is perposterous.The image that is provided at the source looks nothing like any of the images that are available of this fairly well known type of fungus.

edit on 8/18/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: add rust/ edit bad grammar

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well,not rust.
I can understand the fungus spores.
They do turn powdery when dry,and they do blow around in the wind,so that would explain why it was found in rain buckets.
But,man that's alot of mushrooms!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by remembering

It's the weekend. You don't expect them to work on the weekend do you?

It's eggs, exactly what species is not clear. There is no need to panic.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

It's fungal spores, not eggs.
Thank you for your wisdom and giving us all permission not to panic due to your diligent research into the matter.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 19-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh
I'm sorry, but I really have to call B.S. on this the "source"

Specifically this statement:

..further tests show the substance is consistent with spores from fungi that create rust, which accounts for the color.

Read more: www.adn.com...

I'm sorry but how stupid do "they" (whomever they may be) think we are. Maybe they don't teach this in school any more but rust is caused by oxidation, not by a fungus!

And if they are talking about this kind of rust, I'm still calling B.S. because being a pretty common fungus (especially in the US) to misidentify it as "eggs" is perposterous.The image that is provided at the source looks nothing like any of the images that are available of this fairly well known type of fungus.

edit on 8/18/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: add rust/ edit bad grammar

The "rust" they are referring to is a type of plant disease.
And they have never seen this type of fungus before,possibly a new species from the Arctic.

Further tests with more advanced equipment showed the substance is consistent with spores from fungi that create "rust," a plant disease that accounts for the color, officials with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday. The gunk

Rust fungus is a plant disease that creates a yellowish-orange or brown discoloration on leaves and stems before eventually growing spores that spread the infection. NOAA spokeswoman Julie Speegle said airborne spores could cause allergic reactions in humans or contribute to respiratory diseases

Scientists have not determined whether this spore is among the 7,800 known species of rust fungi or some kind of unknown arctic species

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Well, at least the second source explained it a bit better than the first, which was a bit ambiguous, and without further investigation would have led many to say the same conclusion.

It really concerns me that reporters now-a-days will make a clouded statement assuming that the reader knows what they are talking about....no wonder so many are lead astray.

Even if it is the fungus that causes the plant disease "rust", it being of unknown origin, and unknown if it is toxic, is a bit concerning as well. Who knows, maybe it originated hundreds of thousands of years ago, and is now only showing up because the glaciers that contain it are melting.

I guess only time will tell ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join