It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of faint's/colapses in schools at Angola still hasn't an explination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I will post a link to Portuguese newspaper were i read this news. I will try my best to translate.

Site: aeiou.visao.pt...=f616022

02 August 2011
«The samples sent to Portugal Lab’s with the objective of identifying the cause for thousands of faints, that occurred, since this April, in the schools of Angola, didn’t been able to clarify the type of toxic product.

In press conference, the second national police commander of Angola, Paulo de Almeida, considered a “strange phenomena”, that is worrying the police because of the multiplier effect

Seconded by Paulo de Almeida, this situation has been creating a “kind general panic and social agitation” specially in the student community, between 11 and 22 years old, that minifies as collective faint’s at scholar facilities, affecting mainly the feminine sex.»

That was the news.
Know I will post some videos link’s from Angola national tv about these cases, in to diferent cities, one at Luanda and kasenga, but occurred in others

Capital city Luanda:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
non edited video
www.youtube.com...

city of Kasenga:
www.youtube.com...

Here‘s an recent explanation from a local police,
www.youtube.com...

He said that these phenomena happened because of local Sylvester plant with a local name of “crazy beans” it gives witches and it could produce faint’s weaker people if applied. He said that this plant have’s a lot of power because a simple touch in a place here the plant was rubbed could trigger this symptoms.

I don’t know if this is true, because of symptoms that all of girls had and doctor’s reported. It might be a little extrapolated, forming a conclusion based on effect’s of rubbed plant in the girl’s bathroom, that causes collective faints.

The symptoms reported from the doctor’s follows as this:
- Panic (some girls)
- Fast and deep breathing(some girls)
- Tachycardia (some girls)
- Mucus irritation (other girls)
- Red eyes, mouth and troath
- Inflamed trachea and bronchi
- Dizziness and faint

The girl’s reported also so something like a Gas…

What do you think about this?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
* Tinfoil hat on.*

Seems that the CIA is testing their crap again.

*Tinfoil hat off.*

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
* Tinfoil hat on.*

Seems that the CIA is testing their crap again.

*Tinfoil hat off.*

You don't need a tinfoil hat.

Those sorts of organizations and agencies have done tests like that hundreds of times, many of which are not only documented but also readily available.

This reminds me more of something called "the death fog." It's an event that happened in Africa somewhere if memory serves. There was a village near two lakes, and one of the lakes released a large methane bubbled, which choked and killed many many people.

I think this could be a natural event caused by seismic disturbance.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
[
I think this could be a natural event caused by seismic disturbance.

Enter in that field of possibility, why are the girls the most affected all around the country?
Angola isn't a small country, it haves an area of 1.246.700 km², about 1/7 of the USA territory 9 372 610 km² .

pt.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
And i ask few more questions

Why this event didn't affect other's, i.e, adult's?
Why only children or teens, between 11-22?
Again strangely, 22-11=11 !!! The number eleven seem's to stick to everything that problably "smell's"...
hum...more further questions could be posted...you try it

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I remember not too long ago reading about certain vaccines causing children & teens to develop narcolepsy. Wish I remember where I saw that, but could be a possible explanation: Bad vaccines distributed to that area.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Your sceptical presentation of this news does you credit.

I would say this is an instance of mass hysteria, in which rumour and the media spread the phenomenon from one school and town to another.

Outbreaks of mass hysteria among schoolchildren are common in my country (which is also a former Portuguese colony, though I am sure that is just a meaningless coincidence). Every so often I see newspaper reports about entire classes or even schools being taken ill with mysterious stomach complaints, fainting spells, etc. In the end the victims are always discharged from hospital, nothing having been found wrong with them.

In fact, I witnessed a similar occurrence on a small scale when I was at school. A boy fainted in class and was taken to the sickroom; several others at once claimed to be feeling ill, too. The class master was a tough old boot who’d seen it all before, and he simply warned us that if anyone who claimed to be ill was found to have nothing wrong with him, that boy would face some rather old-fashioned punishment on his return from the sickroom.

End of fainting spell.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It is not some sort of equivalent to when the Beatles first came to the States is it?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Perhaps it is some exotic meme i.e. an idea, behavior or style that spreads from person to person within a culture. or Mass Psychogenic Illness

Occasionally groups of people engage in quite bizarre behaviour ....

An Epidemic of Laughing in the Bukoba District of Tanganyika 1963

An epidemic disease is defined as one that “is prevalent among a people or a community at a special time and produce by some special causes not generally present in the affected community” (MacNaulty, 1961). As the commoner epidemics are caused by the spread of viruses, bacteria, or parasites, there is a tendency to forget that abnormal emotional behaviour may spread from person to person and so take on an epidemic form. It is purpose of this communication to report and epidemic in the Bukoba district of north-west Tanganyika. The epidemic was characterized by episodes of laughing and crying.

link

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
*Tinfoil hat on*

Or maybe the WHO is experimenting with a new human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine again.

*Tinfoil hat off*

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

That's a good explanation. Altough i didn't understand why some of people that where inside of the school's was saying to stop the filming (you can ear this in the last minutes of the non edited video).

But i can agree with you (in 80%). It's good explanation (and it wasn't the beatles
)

thnk's

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Like Astyanax, I coud agree with you in the teory of mass psychogenci illness, but some of symptoms, like inflamed bronqui, red eyes and mouth, lead me more to possible Gas poisining in some kind of organized "joke". Altough i dont agree with the official explanation from the police, it seem's a litle premature.
I dont know if the portuguese lab's will gone a find an answer, let's wait for further news.
thk's

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
exposure to ATS.

some of these threads, i tell ya!

they give me loose stools!

no really, i will be watching this thread.

edit on 9-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
smiliar cases are now happenig take a look:
jamaica-gleaner.com...

this one was brought up by predator0187, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=755711

i think we have to pay a little more attention to this mysteries...

top topics

join