It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Markets down...Now which stocks to buy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Now that the stock markets are going down....What would be some good shares to buy to make some money in the future? It's been a while since I've done anything to do with stocks, any good suggestions?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Private prison co's
Arms manufacturers
Monsanto

I don't think I would invest any money in the markets for a while, but then again, I don't have any to gamble with, plus I would not want to contribute to those mentioned above, just speculating on what may grow rapidly as a result of chaos and desperation.
edit on 8-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The stock market is only for the people who would be considered “Insiders”.

The Markets are designed to funnel money to Wall Street.

At one time, not anymore, purchasing stock was an investment in the equity of a company. Now, however it is so manipulated that the Large brokerages have the ability to trade before the market opens, trade after the market closes, trade before anyone else sees a rise or fall in a given stock price and with the ability to use computers in the actual trade can manipulate the price before anyone else can respond.

Why would anyone in their right mind give their hard earned money to some Wall Street Broker. They are there to make themselves rich, not you, and the way they make themselves rich is by converting your money to their money.

So, if you have money to invest, find a local company, with a good product and invest directly with owners that you can trust.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Haah, I'm definitely not going to ever give my money away to some broker to go do whatever with..I'm just going to do them online with my own judgement of how to put the money in where..
It's been so long since I've researched anything to do with stocks, I'd prob be better off to just put my money in gold or silver lol

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

I am sure you are aware if you choose gold , silver or any other commodity to take physical possession of the product, not just some promise of delivery.

Keep your wealth local is going to become the new mantra for investing.

Making investment with locals will always pay higher dividends than any other method. It is harder, because the investor must do their own “leg work”.

Here are a few good ideas to consider.

1. New Doctor, fresh out of his training trying to set up a local private practice. New Doctors must borrow a very large sum to purchase all of the equipment needed to set up private practice. Their earning potential is almost a sure bet. They are highly educated, industrious, and dedicated, a real recipe for success. Could be a MD or Dentist does not matter.

2. Trucking, owner operator’s that need to replace their equipment. As long as the economy is going so will the trucks keep going. Everything is moved via truck at some point. ( This is where I have my investment ) Owner operators not as educated as your doctor but they still are very hard working, dedicated, industrious individuals. The risk is also very small because you always have the ability to repo the equipment if the need arose. You also have two types of equipment to invest in the tractor or the trailer or both.

Just a couple of ideas to get the creative juices flowing.

edit on 8-8-2011 by brokedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Yeah, those are some really good ideas. Thanks for the info, definitely better ideas with less risk than getting involved with the complicated stock market.
I think I might look into gold a little more..It would be something that I would feel comfortable sitting on. Look at how much gold has climbed in just 5 years!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
The stock market is only for the people who would be considered “Insiders”.

The Markets are designed to funnel money to Wall Street.

At one time, not anymore, purchasing stock was an investment in the equity of a company. Now, however it is so manipulated that the Large brokerages have the ability to trade before the market opens, trade after the market closes, trade before anyone else sees a rise or fall in a given stock price and with the ability to use computers in the actual trade can manipulate the price before anyone else can respond.

Why would anyone in their right mind give their hard earned money to some Wall Street Broker. They are there to make themselves rich, not you, and the way they make themselves rich is by converting your money to their money.

So, if you have money to invest, find a local company, with a good product and invest directly with owners that you can trust.

Yes yes yes. This is IT in a nutshell, I've figured it out too. I wish I had about five years ago.
The stock market is for the very rich, and as you say, the "insiders". I certainly had no business messing with it.....but I did, and I will always regret it.
edit on 8/8/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

join