It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek’s Bachmann Cover Sparks Outrage: (You Gotta See this pic-Shame or Atta-boys?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Conservatives reacted with anger on Monday after Newsweek featured a “wild-eyed” picture of tea party favorite Michele Bachmann on its cover, over the line “The Queen of Rage.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8033ade3fd55.png[/atsimg]

The news weekly “barely struggles against its bias towards conservative women to view them with anything other than contempt,” wrote Dana Loesch, editor in chief of Andrew Breitbart’s Big Journalism.

Jonathan Capehart wrote on the Washington Post Web page, “There’s no denying that Bachmann firmly believes what she believes. Some might think she’s crazy because of it. Cover photos like this one help to cement that image.”

Even the left was outraged. “I hate it when Michele Bachmann makes me defend her,” wrote Slate’s Jessica Grose. “The Newsweek cover was unnecessarily unflattering. I doubt Newsweek would portray a male candidate with such a lunatic expression on his face.”

Source: www.newsmax.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6aa9e86d233.jpg[/atsimg]
Michele Bachmann For President In 2012
Source: michelebachmannforpresidentin2012.blogspot.com...
No, couldn't run this one.....

Now come on people. When is enough enough. I believe I would be just as upset if this was Hillary or some other Democratic person.

But, the MSM-Press still will go that extra step to show you just how bias they are when it comes to elections.

Another Hit Piece on a Woman who is a Republican and is running for office. When they can't beat these Republican ladies on the battlefield of ideas... they resort to dirty tricks.

Now, I know there will be a boat load of you that think this is cool and you'll make your childish remarks---Great.

I like to please everyone.

Anyway---------------Thoughts- Fair treatment or not?

So, I got to thinking: What if a US Mag ran one for Obama-telling the truth? Hmm? Maybe it would look like this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd532b194da6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I almost spat my drink out looking at that. The world is turning into a comedy of errors and honestly I can only just laugh now. Look at it, I see humanity and society at the highest levels turning into a laughing stock. It is literally impossible to take anything the leadership is doing now seriously. Nothing, even the corporate media is making a mockery of the system and itself.

It is very apparent there is going to have to be a revolution very soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No they don't have a problem with conservative women just the ones that act like nut cases. I fail to see why you are complaining about Obama though numerous photos of him have been published that hardly show him in a perfect pose. If she can't stand the heat then it's time to get out of the kitchen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't the blame fall more appropriately on Bachmann's press team for giving Newsweek the right to choose the image?

As with anything else, this interaction between Bachmann and Newsweek was negotiated and agreed upon. The Bachmann people couldn't have asked to see the article and cover before print? No one is to blame here but her own staff..

Do we know if this was a photo shoot for Newsweek or was this image grabbed somewhere else? Seems a little gung-ho to go blaming the "liberal media" without these basic facts.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Uhm, atta boyz!

She IS one crazy #itch, and that pic captures the essence of her perfectly. Palin, on the other hand, is just goofy. Bachmann is insane. Gives me the chills.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If only there were some kind of law dictating exactly which pictures a magazine was allowed to use. That would fix it right? Hey, am I the only one that hears a bunch of whiny old ladies crying because they got sand between their legs?

Solution: Do not buy newsweek if you are not happy with their cover. Free market.
Suddenly I am interested in reading the article though so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And how many photoshopped halos have been imposed upon Obama's head? Dozens...keeping with that 'Messiah' meme.

But Hillary back n the primaries...every wrinkle; every bit of water retention; all glorified. Palin was subjected to scrutiny few humans could stand; and now...well...once again rather than address a female candidate on the issues, instead its fun with photshop and 'crazy' eyes meme. Pffft...I so "progressive."

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
And how many photoshopped halos have been imposed upon Obama's head? Dozens...keeping with that 'Messiah' meme.

But Hillary back n the primaries...every wrinkle; every bit of water retention; all glorified. Palin was subjected to scrutiny few humans could stand; and now...well...once again rather than address a female candidate on the issues, instead its fun with photshop and 'crazy' eyes meme. Pffft...I so "progressive."

Specifically I am curious how you shoehorned Palin in there. You and I both know they do their best to make her look "hot" at all costs. You did not say what you Palin problem was with regard to this topic but since you made her relevant, can you explain?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
They did the same thing years ago to Make OJ simpson look "Blacker" ... It's what they do to sell magazines , I don't know why people are surprised.

PS Bachman is Bat $*** Crazy though...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I listen to her words over a stupid picture put up by the MSM. Much better than listening to a teleprompter. Why any Republican would vote for Romney is beyond me? He is the same as McCain, a life long politician/Rhino.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Caribou Barbie? Remember the 'crowd' visage from behind Palin and between her calves? Palin, too pretty to be smart or a leader; HRClinton, too old to be smart and a leader; now Bachmann, too 'crazy' to be smart or a leader.

But dust off the halos for The Won!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think it's a shame. The media HATES a strong woman. They have ridiculed Sarah Palin so much that everyone thinks she is a lunatic (she is not.) Now they are doing the same thing to Michele Bachmann; look at how many people have already declared her "crazy" in this thread alone

Michele Bachmann is a principled reformer who holds an unwavering commitment to the conservative values that helped her succeed as a small business owner, a U.S. tax attorney, a state and federal lawmaker, and a wife and mother. She is a Constitutional conservative who understands that our Founding Fathers established a federal government to preserve and protect the nation while fostering an environment where dreams could flourish. It is Michele's single greatest calling in public service to ensure that the liberties enshrined in our founding documents are handed down from this generation to the next.

The above quote was taken from her website. What part of that sounds crazy to those of you who don't like her?

Successful small business owner?

Tax attorney?

Wife? Mother? Don't forget about her dedication to foster children. That's just NUTS, isn't it????

Maybe it's because she wants to return to the ideals laid out in the Constitution by the Founding Fathers? That is totally psycho, right????

Or maybe it's because she loves liberty and wants to make sure we continue being a free nation for generations to come. THE NERVE OF HER!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
humm, boring lib troll thread.
Nothing here folks, move along

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hilarious. Which is exactly why they shouldn't have done it. I have zero respect for her as a professional person but this isn't the place for it.

It's okay when Colbert or a satire site does this sort of thing but when it's done by a serious organization, it is the same as saying it is beyond satire and entirely true.

But definitely hilarious.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Michele Bachmann is a principled reformer who holds an unwavering commitment to the conservative values that helped her succeed as a small business owner, a U.S. tax attorney, a state and federal lawmaker, and a wife and mother. She is a Constitutional conservative who understands that our Founding Fathers established a federal government to preserve and protect the nation while fostering an environment where dreams could flourish. It is Michele's single greatest calling in public service to ensure that the liberties enshrined in our founding documents are handed down from this generation to the next.

The above quote was taken from her website. What part of that sounds crazy to those of you who don't like her?

Of course HER website sounds good...It's her's. Try looking at others....Oh wait, here's ONE.

The fodder is a plenty. All she has to do is open her mouth. All you have to do is research a bit.

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

What's wrong with those pictures and comments? She speaks on social and economic issues, and her faith shines through in some of her comments.

Stop being so spiteful. If we followed you around with a camera and a mic I guarantee we could make you look crazier than a s***house rat within a week.

She's a human being. We all are. No one of us is perfect -- stop acting as if you are.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just the same, I'd hit it

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by Kitilani

Caribou Barbie?

Is a nickname, not a photo.

Remember the 'crowd' visage from behind Palin and between her calves? Palin, too pretty to be smart or a leader;

So you agree that she was made to look just as pretty as can be, LIKE I SAID?

HRClinton, too old to be smart and a leader;

Oh I remember mostly talk about her cankles and how she murdered Vince Foster.

now Bachmann, too 'crazy' to be smart or a leader.

If the shoe fits. I have heard her speak many many many many many times and I agree she is too crazy to be smart or a leader.

But dust off the halos for The Won!

What?

You tell me how smart it is to pose for a picture, approve it, and then complain when it is used.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 9-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
humm, boring lib troll thread.
Nothing here folks, move along

It is?
The OP is defending Bachmann, right? The issue here is how poor Michelle was portrayed by an evil magazine. How is this a lib troll thread? If anything it looks like a Republican troll thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join