It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

A word of warning, the article has not been vetted by CNN it has merely been posted on their website.

Which means it's just some enthusiast making a desperate attempt to keep his hoax alive.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by RUSSO

They seem to trailing each other. I think Comet elenin is not alone.

Does comet Elenin happen to have an engine?lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by XplanetX

A word of warning, the article has not been vetted by CNN it has merely been posted on their website.

Which means it's just some enthusiast making a desperate attempt to keep his hoax alive.

As much as you get off on debunking everything, you have to admit, NASA's family preparedness message is beyond strange. In fact, it's starting to sway me to the disaster scenario side of things. Not that it might be Elenin, but it seems to hint at something. Game over?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm not trying to claim anything for or against but I did some actual research and this is what I found.

img820.imageshack.us...

I made the graphic and to be honest, afterwards, I was a lot less concerned about Elenin.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
look at this NASA link (and also the link imbedded in the Nasa article I am linking to). This is an article about an asteroid that is a near earth object. It actually intersects with our orbit.

I was not a big believer in planet X, but I've got to admit, several things about the NASA article bug me.

First, we are always told nothing comes close enought to Earth to hurt us, and that, if there were any planets in our orbit, don't you would think we would already know it? Then, this article says we just finally confirmed what scientists had suspected, that there was an object that does follow our orbit.

Next issue, it says it's on our same orbit, but is always the same distance away from us, so no problem. After reading further, and looking at the video in the link embedded in the link I embedded, we find that it actually intersects with our orbit (not following or leading in exact same orbit), and that it's distance from us does vary.

Finally, the articles state that the asteroid was just discovered/confirmed, and later states they are sure it never comes closer than 12 to 15 million miles from us (states two different figures in two different places) and that they know that for sure because the orbit is well defined for the next 100 years.

Have my reading skills deteriorated that much over the years? Am I missing something or do any of you who go to the link see the same double talk I see? How can they be sure of all this info about something they just confirmed even exists?

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gidwa

First, we are always told nothing comes close enought to Earth to hurt us, and that, if there were any planets in our orbit, don't you would think we would already know it? Then, this article says we just finally confirmed what scientists had suspected, that there was an object that does follow our orbit.

This is the root of your difficulty; no-one ever said that nothing comes close enough to hurt us. In fact, there is a watch list of Near Earth Objects (NEO's) that is closely monitored. It is true that another planet sized body in Earth's orbit would be easily detectable by its affects on the other planets. The Trojan asteroid is a very small chunk of rock that is very difficult to see. It's exact distance from Earth varies slightly because it is not in the exact same orbit. In fact, it appears to make a sort of "figure 8" in the sky, although that is just a trick of perspective.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
As much as you get off on debunking everything, you have to admit, NASA's family preparedness message is beyond strange. In fact, it's starting to sway me to the disaster scenario side of things. Not that it might be Elenin, but it seems to hint at something. Game over?

What "you people" are not getting is the fact that NASA doesn't give a # about rather uninteresting, rather un-spectacular comets.

There is no need for a coverup, conspiracy, "preparedness plan" or other nonsense because no scientist and for sure not NASA gives a darn about Elenin, at least not in a sense as "you people" do.

The connection Elenin NASA preparedness plan only exists in your head.

Most major companies will have such a preparedness plan, we live in a world of terrorism if you remember. Big companies like NASA, Motorola etc. are all on a "high risk" list and its wise to educate employes in case unforseen things happen. ITS A COMMON THING.

Typical example of "back logic" again where something is taken totally out of context and bended such a way it fits some idiotic theory "backwards", so to speak.

edit on 16-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
wow nice job. gave u some stars

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
NASA easing population into Brown Dwarf Acceptance Today.

Looks like MSM is starting to get the masses ready for the "big one".

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gotta love NASA talking about all of the brown dwarfs and how you can't see them without IR..

Some things money can't buy.. for everything else, there's MSM.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brigand

I'm not sure what you are getting at with your post, but it's true that the brown dwarfs we know about can't be seen without IR telescopes.

...Having said that, if there was one in our solar system out by the orbit of Saturn or Jupiter, it WOULD be visible with the naked eye. It would reflect sunlight (and thus be visible) just like any other object -- and in fact it even creates its own faint glow.

Granted, there certainly could be one way out beyond Pluto and Eris that is too far to be seen with optical/visible light telescopes, but there is no evidence yet that there is.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
See this link:

skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Elenin real color
www.iceinspace.com.au...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi A Mod on CHANI posted this on the US NAVY Space Command thread:

Did NASA shoot at Elenin causing it to break up?

thechaniproject.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vetfather

That's a nice image of Elenin. One of the best I have seen so far. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
One website, THE BIG WOBBLE, recently showed a rather interesting, better detailed video ref; the approaching ELENIN. this may be viewed at
gazbom.blogspot.com... www.thebigwobble.com

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Interesting video my friend. It seems that more images and videos of Elenin are slowly coming to the surface. Of course all the debunker, yes man robots who never even took the time to view Elenin's orbit on Nasa's JPL will have some android slave retort to this as well. = Payed, Brainwashed, weak minded, sheoplized androids. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Agree in full. it's a shame our old teachers / preachers, spelt things wrong....they kept using PROPHET, yet what they meant was, 'The coming of a second PROFIT, plus Tax etc'. Also note how now more details are rising ref; ELENIN, 1 Australian astronomer tries to such is now disintergrating and our worries are over ......
One site spells out how such observations are as yet Not Proof...., watch the Media now start to tell us "Allis well, our Planet is Safe"............. i'll beleive that when kangeroos start to Tango.
brainguff.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was watching it on Stereo Behind HI1

Stereo images

punch in 20110814 through to 20110831

Watch the path of the comet....

Still strange to me for some reason.

Because it's slowing down. I just realised it seems to slow down completely.

That could be caused by some sort of retrograde motion I guess.
edit on 30-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by steaming

Interesting video my friend. It seems that more images and videos of Elenin are slowly coming to the surface. Of course all the debunker, yes man robots who never even took the time to view Elenin's orbit on Nasa's JPL will have some android slave retort to this as well. = Payed, Brainwashed, weak minded, sheoplized androids. ~SheopleNation

Not to mention the article from Spaceweather saying SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY!

Yay! Now go back to sleep ignore all the earth changes and the massive campaign to cover it up, shhh it's ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join