It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
im guessin off topic but today is leo elenins bday!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick

To be fair, Phage is quite an intelligent individual. And he's one that doesn't jump to conclusions, which is what ATS actually needs a little more of.

To be fair tho, you're wrong, he does

*camera & mic in face* so... how does it feel to be wrong Phage follower?

Oh and I disagree with the rest

ATS need more people jumping to conclusions, free thinkers who are not scared to speak out and get ridiculed by people who think they know everything is more annoying, nobody does your guess is as good as mine, that's really what's wrong with this place now days, i used to read amazing story's daily on here that opened my eyes/mind, regardless of it being right & wrong i enjoyed the read and the creativity of the OP,

Respectfully

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I would like to kill this thread, as its ridiculous. Do any of you actually own a telescope?????

www.universetoday.com...

Sorry, this small object in space will come and go. as it has many times.
Forget all this wild "government nasa" coverup jargon. There are 1000s of private and independent astronomers, many of whom even operate millions of dollars in equipment. So forget about "coverup".

WAKE UP
edit on 9-8-2011 by Wademus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have enjoyed following this thread, it has twists and turns. Can I suggest that feeling you have scored points against another member isnt beneficial to the thread. We all have a "manner", a way of making our points, ideas and assumptions known to others in a thread. Like or loath the manner I feel we still need to weigh up the total benefits that a member brings.

Lets not allow the thread to become about a member and get it back on track as I for one find it an intriguing
subject. A subject with so many as yet unanswered questions.

Respects

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Yes I find it funny how fast a post can receive flags and then that post is proven wrong altogether. But here is the thing I really have to appreciate Phage for is the facts given. Don`t matter where he gets his info to me is it wrong?
Does he not accept and look for the truth when he is shown to be wrong.

Can you show me where he has been proven wrong and stuck to his assessment? That is why I myself appreciate him being here as I search for the truth.

To say he isn`t a great part of the site is wrong just because he likes facts rather then blind speculation. This thread was of concern to many Phage has helped me understand what possibly is really going on here in this thread.
Thanks Phage.

Now just to wait and see if he was wrong which I`m thinking he is not.

I agree with the Boondock and Slayer remark but Boondock is now no longer here. So even the appreciated get banned.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wademus

well lets hope after visitin that link atleast some of them get their answers

but im wonderin, how come only elenin gets this kind of publicity when there are other close range comets out there too?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread has turned into an attack/defend Phage thread.

If I am not mistaken, it has already been discovered as to what the other images in the animations of comet Elenin are, meteors that are cataloged with numbers, so this thread is dead except for the attacking and defending Phage part.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshOnMyTomatoes

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

To be fair, Phage is quite an intelligent individual. And he's one that doesn't jump to conclusions, which is what ATS actually needs a little more of.

But this thread alone proves that he does indeed jump to conclusions. The original assesment was the go to "hot pixel" which was quickly disproven for many reasons...
The man in the Youtube video was pointing out hot pixels.

Regardless, even afte the point of the objects being catalouged had been brought up, he failed to take the information into concideration (or didnt read the whole thread which was at that point ony a few pages long) and continued to argue the point....

Im not saying Phage doesnt know the subject, just that i have seen many posts by him carelessly inserted into conversations as if they were expected to taken for fact.
I myself have a tendancy to question everything
for example: i question how this thread continued after the first 6 pages, ithought perhaps there was new devolpment in regards to the OP but upon further investigation, i too was wrong
edit on 9-8-2011 by RadicalRebel because: cuz i wanted too

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wademus
I would like to kill this thread, as its ridiculous. Do any of you actually own a telescope?????

www.universetoday.com...

Sorry, this small object in space will come and go. as it has many times.
Forget all this wild "government nasa" coverup jargon. There are 1000s of private and independent astronomers, many of whom even operate millions of dollars in equipment. So forget about "coverup".

WAKE UP
edit on 9-8-2011 by Wademus because: (no reason given)

What bugs me is the number of stars this crap immediately gets. Completely distorts this place's objectivity and makes it a laughing stock.

Yep, I guess I despise the star system :-)

Seriously, it's way beyond control and meaning here. I little band of schoolkids staring-each other all the time.
How else do you think it happens?

Sad really.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

But this thread alone proves that he does indeed jump to conclusions. The original assesment was the go to "hot pixel" which was quickly disproven for many reasons...

And to be fair to phage, in some cases with Elenin it HAS been hot pixels to blame. People who cite Gustavo Muler's work frequently are picking up on hot pixels and calling them "objects." He may have jumped to the wrong conclusion, but he did not do so without reason.

Rather than continue ripping him after he admitted his mistake, why not try to learn for yourself how to identify asteroids in an image? If all this thread is going to become is a "bash phage" fest because he dared to make a statement of fact, not waffle, then retract his claim when disproven, then I'd say the wrong lesson has been learned and the forum has suffered. People should state facts as facts, not opinion, and if those factual statements are factually incorrect then other people should state so and show why and the person who made the incorrect statement should retract it. Now that that has been done here, there is an opportunity for those here to learn how they can test these things for themselves so that they can know for themselves that an object in an image is an asteroid if indeed that's what it is.

Ask yourselves honestly, would you rather muzzle debunkers, or would you prefer to learn more so that you can verify or refute their debunkings for yourselves using real factual analysis? For my part, I always try to present why I came to a conclusion so that others can follow along and if I did something wrong they can correct me. If I've failed to do that in times past I apologize, but I will not avoid making statements of fact simply to avoid offending someone's sensibilities.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I would say, in this instance, Phage is probably more guilty of being fed up with all the Elenin dribble and gave too quick of an assessment because of it. His change of 'opinion' would have been because someone looked and found what it was and he then confirmed their conclusion as being the actual answer with a retraction of his knee-jerk guess. At least he's willing to admit when he's mistaken, though I'm sure the Elenin fear crowd will just quietly fade into the background rather than admit they were wrong as each 'prediction' fails to come to pass.

But hey, I'm sure you'll just pass me off as a Phage follower just because you have some grudge against him and I made a post that you would deem supporting him. The 2 objects in the animation moving near Elenin are asteroids...I can't make something that is true not be so, so it's not agreeing with his opinion, it's acknowledging a fact.

As far as the other mentions about it hitting us...us going through its coma...objects trailing it...The thing is a spec of dust. Anything 'trailing' it, which would mean it was bound to it gravitationally in some fashion(otherwise Elenin would be trailing them), would have to be even smaller than it is (so even less of a threat). The coma is a gaseous envelope created as it gets closer to the sun and the comet heats up. Elenin's coma is big for the comet's size, but 17P/Holmes had a coma larger than the Sun back in 2007...also we will come no where near Elenin's coma even if it could pose some sort of danger. When it is 1AU away from the Sun, it will be way above the ecliptic (relatively speaking), so Earth will also never pass through its tail.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
No, I am not God. I am Lucifer, the bringer of light, my purpose is to bring the absolute truth out of the shadows .

That much for phylosophy ... get back on topic. Has there been any reference officially of these three objects, What is its orign?

I'm so glad you're not God, I'm not so glad that you are Satan, from my perspective I would love to punch the pair of you on the nose, and stick your trident UYA.

Anyway, each of the two Comet/asteroids have a number, their links are on the very first post.

55864 ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...://

13414 ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...://

Kindly reposted by AshOnMyTomatoes.

BTW, is bjarneorn but another alias

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One more time, as a post as insignificant as mine gets lost in pages and pages of nonsense....

Originally posted by OneEleven
So does anyone know in which direction one would have to look in order to observe this comet telescopically?

I've been out a few nights over the past few weeks, and i havn't seen anything unusual..

I am in the Southern United States.

Any chance of seeing this thing with a telescope?

South Eastern United States to be exact.....Middle Georgia to be more exact.....

So.....Anyone have any idea of which direction to look?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

One more time, as a post as insignificant as mine gets lost in pages and pages of nonsense....

So does anyone know in which direction one would have to look in order to observe this comet telescopically?

I've been out a few nights over the past few weeks, and i havn't seen anything unusual..

I am in the Southern United States.

Any chance of seeing this thing with a telescope?

South Eastern United States to be exact.....Middle Georgia to be more exact.....

So.....Anyone have any idea of which direction to look?

At 9:35 pm eastern time tonight it will be at 11h 41m 26.90s +00d 45' 16.8" from approximately the middle of Georgia, and it will be about 9th or 10th magnitude. Good luck though, that's only about 8 degrees over the western horizon and it sets less than an hour later.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
And to be fair to phage, in some cases with Elenin it HAS been hot pixels to blame. People who cite Gustavo Muler's work frequently are picking up on hot pixels and calling them "objects." He may have jumped to the wrong conclusion, but he did not do so without reason.

I have no issue the reasoning, i in fact look forward to Phage's posts in these threads, as they are most times the only rational posts. Not to mention the most informative, ill claim no special background in astronomy other than a longtime hobby an area of interest, but when anyone comes into a conversation with thier nose in the air i have to question thier intent and subsequently thier reasoning which is easy to do when no sources or resources are included.

Rather than continue ripping him after he admitted his mistake, why not try to learn for yourself how to identify asteroids in an image? If all this thread is going to become is a "bash phage" fest because he dared to make a statement of fact, not waffle, then retract his claim when disproven, then I'd say the wrong lesson has been learned and the forum has suffered. People should state facts as facts, not opinion, and if those factual statements are factually incorrect then other people should state so and show why and the person who made the incorrect statement should retract it. Now that that has been done here, there is an opportunity for those here to learn how they can test these things for themselves so that they can know for themselves that an object in an image is an asteroid if indeed that's what it is.

I agree here completely and personally think this thread should be closed for that reason.
On the other hand it is difficult to expand ones knowledge when smug posters dont respond questions based on personal experience or opinion, or provide resouces for thier statements which has been the majority of my experience with many people here in the short time since i have joined.

Ask yourselves honestly, would you rather muzzle debunkers, or would you prefer to learn more so that you can verify or refute their debunkings for yourselves using real factual analysis?

I would never try to muzzle anyone mostly because i do try to see both sides of the coin, one of the reasons i ask questions...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
reply to post by Phage

I was stating my opinion. Everything I state is my opinion unless I explicitly state otherwise.

Really now, normally people say, `In my opinion`´, or `´I think``, to show it is just their opinion. If people say stuff like this,

There are no other objects. What there are artifacts from the processing of the images and hot pixels. Here is the most recent image:

,they are claiming things as fact, obviously. You left no room for other options, and this is how people viewed your post.

Next time you post your opinion, add that it is just your opiinion, just like us mere mortals are expected to do.

I know it gives you little room to wriggle your way out of things, but jeah, welcome to the real world.

edit on 9-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

The man gave an opinion and then he corrected it. What's the big deal? Not the first time Phage retracts his opinion.

Please focus in the topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Starred you.....We're internet married now.....

I couldn't have gotten a more direct response than this....

Originally posted by ngchunter
At 9:35 pm eastern time tonight it will be at 11h 41m 26.90s +00d 45' 16.8" from approximately the middle of Georgia, and it will be about 9th or 10th magnitude. Good luck though, that's only about 8 degrees over the western horizon and it sets less than an hour later.

Holy McMoley that's a tight squeeze, but i'm GOIN FOR IT!!....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
guys, there is nothing to it. Just close this topic - pointless now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You're wrong, he's conducted research on several threads before making a final judgement. Just because he points out the fact that space images constantly have hot pixels, doesn't mean he's wrong all the time.

He just doesn't jump to the conclusions that YOU want to hear (aliens/nibiru/planet x/jesus en rote/etc).

And I'm not a Phage follower, I personally think he's working for the NSA sitting in a cool undisclosed location all day debunking everything that goes against State policy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

To be honest, when someone makes a statement like "There is no other..." or the like, noone should take that as gospel and it should be treated as subjective and not objective. It's up to the reader to make up their own mind, and/or do some further investigation themselves to help them make up their mind. CaptainInstaban should do the same, it's also not up to the Captain' to decide that others might blindly follow lemming like, they are also obliged to be subjective. The niceties are desireable though.

Anyway Phage followed on with the added data from another poster, so well and good.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join