It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

As for the Comet,
There is enough evidence out there to suggest this is something we need to take a closer look at but any attempt to do so gets met with ridicule by a select few along with their wandering braindead followers.
I would suggest getting to a quiet place and do some soul searching.
Your families life may depend on it.
There is a reason the governments of the world have been on a crash underground shelter building program for over 30 years now.

THERE IS A REASON!!!!

The evidence, actually, all points to Elenin being a small comet with a large coma that will pass about .23 AU from Earth. We will pass through the coma. There is some reasonable evidence saying that it might cause electrical interference, but nothing conclusive.

The evidence also shows that nothing is following Elenin. No alien ships, no Jesus on a dinosaur, nothing.

What happens is people misunderstand information they are seeing or reading, then write up some presentation about how it's a doom scenario, and scare the poop out of a bunch of other people. They say things like "your families life might depend on it" in order to move people emotionally into believing their hoax. The OP of this thread didn't do this, but countless others who've posted responses have.

I have followed no one and have given only my own, independently researched facts and opinions on this matter. Stop calling people who do research using factual data "sheeple." The true sheeple are the ones eating up these doom stories and regurgitating them back to the rest of the sheeple without verifying for themselves if what they are claiming is fact. It's irresponsible and harmful. That's why I will bring truth to a conversation when truth is lacking.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

...As for the Comet,
There is enough evidence out there to suggest this is something we need to take a closer look at but any attempt to do so gets met with ridicule by a select few along with their wandering braindead followers.
There is a reason the governments of the world have been on a crash underground shelter building program for over 30 years now.

THERE IS A REASON!!!!

Just want to share with you this information. Take a look in WHO is the source.

Comet ELENIN, Earthquakes, And YOU.

So the signs are out there. The Government has prepared underground bases and has continuity of government procedures in place. Notable among them are:

1. REX84 (Readiness Exercise 1984)

Activated due to a catastrophic event that is yet to take place.

2. A Pentagon announced plan that directly correlates with a 2009, Army funded, Rand Corporation study that called for an internal United States police force to combat civil unrest. The plan basically calls for the deployment of a 20,000 strong internal troop force inside the continental United States (CONUS) that was set to be trained by 2011, thus dovetailing into the current troop and equipment movements around the country reported by truckers as well as many more troop sightings by everyday citizens.

CNN

Should we give attention to this?

edit on 9-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The point is that he put forth false information as FACT leaving NO room for interpretation rather than stating that it was his opinion. If he had not been called out on it, he would have successfully gotten away with it.
Since he WAS called out on his false info, he does what he must do and retracts his previous statement and goes on to fight his battles in another thread.

At NO point will this change HIS or any of the other professional debunkers Modus Operandi.
State imperically an opinion as fact leaving NO room for interpretation or discussion and hope no one calls you out on your B.S.

I don't mean to focus solely on this one individual as there are several others.
But they are not in this thread, he is.

What needs to be done is to have a forum where all ideas are welcomed and free from ridicule.
I am guilty myself of ridicule when an idea is so far out of my ability to accept that I can find no other way to deal with it than to simply ridicule it.

But, to imperically state an opinion as fact leaving NO room for discussion or interpretation is equivelant
to being a bully, IMO.

In order to have a bully you need weak victims.
In the case of online forums being physically weak makes no difference.
You can be one ass kicking machine in the outside world.

What we are talking about here are people who may be phisically strong but are mentally weak.
They are targets for online intellectual bullies.
They are groupies who take shelter from the bully rather than defy him or her.
Knowing that they are no match intellectually to the bully they do the next best thing, if you can't beat 'em, Join 'em.

Sad!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The thing im worried about in regards to Elenin is it's steep approach (5 degrees wasnt it?)

I hope it hasn't been playing snooker in the asteroid belt.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Ireport...

Not really, it's freelance journalism.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

As for the Comet,

THERE IS A REASON!!!!

The evidence, actually, all points to Elenin being a small comet with a large coma that will pass about .23 AU from Earth. We will pass through the coma.

Let's hope then that it isn't trailing any debris..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ummmmm...just so everyone knows ...as it seems some have not read ALL the pages. Phage came back to say the other objects in his opinion are asteroids.

I know how others follow his word so I just want this to be clear in case someone comes in to the last page only to jump on the band wagon without the knowledge set forth in the prior posts.

WHeeeeeeew....now that I have that out...

Does anyone know when we should be able to see the comet with the naked eye? I guess I could you tube it but would like to know from someone who has actually been observing it from their telescope.

This is not the first time I heard "something" was trailing it. Not saying it is anything to worry about...hell I am just awaiting to see if the X flare will cause any effect. The last time we had a flare of that size it was on March 9th...exactly 5 mo ago.... WE ALL KNOW what happened on the 11th....

One doom and gloom at a time I say.....

Peace and love to you all!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by RUSSO

Ireport...

I hope that you are not implying that freelance journalism is in some way not credible!?!?!?
I trust my neighbor way more than I trust any msm outlet.
What you have to ask yourself is......

is the information credible/reliable?
Does it ring true to me based on my past experiences?
can you connesct this report with any other "dots" that you may have aquired recently?

I for one am connecting dots and am fully expecting SOMETHING out of the ordinary to take place soon.
There are just WAY too many "coincidences" out there right now to just bury your head in the sand and resume life as normal.

Example?

I just had a credit card company call me today and asked if I would like to set up payment arrangements on a past due account from several years ago. I politely informed her that my my past due account was the last thing on my mind and right now my credit is the last thing on my mind. This is how serious I am.
But that is just ME!!!

I am not suggesting that anyone else do the same.
This is just me and how serious I am based on information that I have recieved.
I have other things to focus on that are MUCH more important.
IMO, before too long none of YOU will give two squirts of piss about your credit either.
You WILL want something to eat and you WILL want water to drink.

IMO of course.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We can all argue and debate for days/months… there is NOTHING that can for certain tell us what Elenin is and what it will do or not do… If NASA or any other organization is aware… the information will never be available to us…

As of now, based on the information provided nothing can be determined

…. These are all theories, opinions, speculations … and lets respect each others opinions… when it comes to such situations the only time we will know the truth is when it will actually happens…. Let it bypass us without any problems or bring us the long awaited gods from space or the end of the life on earth… Lets all agree that this can not be debated… but opinions should be counted…. Good news its not a long wait… we will know soon enough…

I personally debate with myself on this subject… so I can’t even debate as I am not sure where I stand myself…. And I DO lots of research….

Good Luck to All!!!!

Keep in mind we are friends here, no matter if our opinions are different….

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by RUSSO

Ireport...

I hope that you are not implying that freelance journalism is in some way not credible!?!?!?
I trust my neighbor way more than I trust any msm outlet.
What you have to ask yourself is......

is the information credible/reliable?
Does it ring true to me based on my past experiences?
can you connesct this report with any other "dots" that you may have aquired recently?

No what i mean is that even though IReport is part of CNN, you only have to register as member to be able to post "news" and i dont believe it's screened.

It's not employees of CNN that post those news items.

Though the info given in that report is nothing new and discussed all over ATS, it's the statement "look at the source"that made me write that response.

You shouldnt be more worried about stuff with "CNN Ireport" as source as you should be about your average Scorcha Faal publication.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Phage

Are these the same objects?

www.youtube.com...

Thanks

No. He's pointing out Antares but doesn't realize it.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

So the bright corner light is this big star? But what are the small group planet like with smaller bodies around it?He checks to see if it is background stars or planets? Thanks

"Antares is a class M supergiant star, with a radius of approximately 800 times that of the sun; if it were placed in the center of our solar system, its outer surface would lie between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. Antares is approximately 600 light-years (180 pc) from our solar system. Its visual luminosity is about 10,000 times that of the Sun, but because the star radiates a considerable part of its energy in the infrared part of the spectrum, the bolometric luminosity equals roughly 65,000 times that of the Sun. "
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This may come as a shock to some, but there are other things moving in space besides Comet Elenin. These things are not all moving at the same speed, so the smaller object passing the other object is insignificant.

Relax guys, there's a very slim chance that it's a fleet of Annunaki Reptilian mega-ships heading towards the planet under the guise of a comet to dupe the people into being unprepared for their arrival upon which they will take over the world.
edit on 9-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

The evidence, actually, all points to Elenin being a small comet with a large coma that will pass about .23 AU from Earth. We will pass through the coma.
How many times does it need to be said. Earth Will Not pass through Elenin's coma nor will Earth pass through Elenin's tail.

Come on, think about your statement! What is 0.23 of 93 million miles? Elenin's coma radius is around 100,000Km or so. Even if this were to increase by a factor of 10 it would still be no where near Earth.

For Elenin's tail to touch Earth this comet would need to transit the Sun (orbital node meets inferior conjunction), which it doesn't, and its tail would have to be over 21 million miles long which it isn't. The amount of radical speculation in this thread blows me away. I don't understand how so many can dismiss the evidence at hand only in attempt to believe the "unbelievable".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Rather than bash someone who tried to provide an answer in good faith based on his experience and knowledge, perhaps it's better to learn to use the tools needed to actually find out for yourself whether a given object in an astronomical picture is a known asteroid or not. Identifying hot pixels is trickier, it's not something you can consult an ephemeris table for, you just have to have the experience to know how to recognize it. I could type up a whole dissertation on identifying hot pixels, but rather than do that, let me start with something much easier, asteroid identification.

There are two basic steps to identifying asteroids in an image. The first, astrometrically solving the image. Astrometric solutions allow you to determine the equatorial coordinates of any given point in the image. You can do many things with that information, but one of the most straightforward things is to use it to identify asteroids. This requires knowing when the image was taken, and preferably where (though for non-NEO asteroids the latter is not essential if you allow for some degree of error). Astrometry.net provides a great tool you can use online or offline to solve images:
astrometry.net...
There are many programs that will solve an image, but the thing I love about astrometry.net is that it requires no knowledge of the approximate location the telescope was pointing, nor does it require any knowledge about the scale of the image. It solves all of that by itself automatically and requires no user input aside from the image itself. I would recommend making a flickr account if you don't have one and just dump images to be solved into that account so that you can share the results easily with others. Just join the group astrometry on flickr and add your photos to the group's pool. Astrometry.net has a bot that will automatically scan for new images in the pool, solve them, and post the results to your image as a comment.

Now, once you have the results (they'll look something like this: www.flickr.com... ), you need to figure out what asteroids were in the field of view at that time. For that we go to the minor planet center's minor planet checker. You could also check with a planetarium program like stellarium, cartes du ciel, TheSky, Starry Night, etc provided you've loaded them with the complete minor planet center database, but the MPC provides an easy to use tool on their website for rapid use for just this purpose.
scully.cfa.harvard.edu...
In the above example, the length of the longest dimension is 42.08 arcminutes, so we'll use a 42 arcminute radius for our search. Then just load in the coordinates of the center of the image, the time (2011 08 06.14, the location (in this case, the telescope used has its own MPC code, I89, other times you'll need to specify lat, long, or enter code 500 for a general solution) and click produce list.

Be aware that the tool is very picky about coordinate formatting, so you may need to round the numbers off to the nearest arcsecond and leave spaces rather than colons between each number. Another caveat is that you may want to increase the "Limiting magnitude, V" number depending on how deep the exposure is (in other words, the maximum magnitude of star that you can see, the higher the number, the dimmer the star). If you're unfamiliar with astrophotography you're not going to know how deep an image is just by looking at it, but over time you'll get a feel for it. For now, I'd say increase it to magnitude 22 or 23 just so you're sure to get any asteroid that could even remotely possibly be in the image. Doing that for my image above produces a massive list, and no doubt most of those asteroids can't be seen in the image itself, but if you have a specific dot on the image that you're curious about you can use the astrometric solution you generated to start with to figure out the coordinates for that point in the image and specify that point as the center of the search instead.

Note that you have to round off the time of the observation, and as you'll see if you generate the above example list they may still need additional observations for a solid orbital solution, so there may be a little bit of error there, but if you see something within a few arcseconds of your suspected spot, it's probably your asteroid, especially if it moves smoothly in several frames.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's a pity this thread got so messed about with, okay so far we know Elenin is not important, that there is a difference between 'hot pixels' and asteroids, that there are more people shouting about scaremongering than there are scaremongers, there is at least one member who is God aka, 'omnipresent' who wastes a lot of precious space, and all for this one tiny but decent thread,

It makes you wonder are these people all bloodyminded debunkers just for the sake of it?

For the thread, maybe someone might know something about the asteroids, are they closer 'in' and still quite large?
Is one of them tracking a similar course with Elenin but further 'in' or are they just passing by en route to Narnia.

Sorry I may have missed that bit of info along the line, but i've gone blind with all the shouting

this thread started off so well too!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

THERE IS A REASON!!!!

Should we give attention to this?

Reserach is important, the future of mankind depends on it. Mankind's demise lies in blind belief.

Iff the planets were only controlled by newtonian physics, you would be seeing planets plunge into suns all over the Universe. You see asteroids plunge into suns, moons and planets. But comets?

We're pretty safe from Elenin, although it may cause some havoc, but no ELE. However, the fact that NASA and/or the Government is building these bunkers to hide themselves in. Is a reason for concern. Where do they intend to have the population of the US hide ... somewhere in a Hollywood 2012 manner of hideout?

I think this sort of thing, points out that most of the people there are quite incapable. NASA is literally standing still, and the Chinese are starting to pass them by ... maybe they'll have the chinese run the program? I mean, I'd like to see some good information about this incoming thing, rather than a whole lot of speculations, and news of bunker preparations.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I think the problem with all the specific details about the comet is just that. THERE ARE SO MANY different specific data in relation to its coma and its relation to the Earth when it does pass us. There are too many experts saying different things and that is where I personally become quite confused.

I am on the fence...I guess I will believe it when I see it.

I really do want to see this thing with my own eyes..... I mean if there is something going to impact Earth...what can we do? Get above sea level as much as you can. Otherwise....nothing we can do but pray and hope whatever is meant to be....will be.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

However, the fact that NASA and/or the Government is building these bunkers to hide themselves in. Is a reason for concern.
reply to post by bjarneorn

Forgive me if I am wrong....but has the Government not had bunkers for a lot of years now? I would say they are in case of a Nuclear War.?

There are major Earth changes happening. What is the cause? Is there a number of causes?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

But, to imperically state an opinion as fact leaving NO room for discussion or interpretation is equivelant to being a bully, IMO.

If I state that the declaration of independence was signed in 1774, I'm not stating an opinion. I'm factually incorrect, but I am not giving an opinion, I'm just factually wrong. Clearly there IS room for discussion even when the person stating a fact is factually incorrect. Discussion DID occur, Phage admitted he was wrong and he retracted his statement. That does not mean he was being a bully.

It also does not mean you should be averse to statements of fact. If you believe the facts being stated are wrong, then by all means, do what was done here and debunk the incorrect statements. In doing so, you will also be making statements of fact, not opinion. If you simply state that it is your opinion that the person is wrong but you don't go to the trouble of proving it or explaining why it's wrong, then you aren't contributing as much as perhaps you should to the discussion.

Trying to get people to back down from making statements of fact that are, in fact, statements of fact, right or wrong, is not helpful in my opinion. Debunking incorrect statements of fact is helpful, in my opinion.

Personally, when debunking something I know to be false, I'd much rather the person making the false claim state it as fact rather than try to waffle and leave themselves an "out" without ever having to retract the false claim by simply following up with "well, it's just my opinion that that's what it is." Right or wrong people should make their statements of fact as statements of fact and be prepared to admit when they're wrong if indeed they're wrong. Phage did the right thing in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I dug around on JPL a bit after perusing this page the OP linked. About three quarters of the way down the page is one of the black and white animations shown by the OP, along with a picture that labels the two objects "trailing" Elenin as 55864 and 13414.

Using JPL, I generated the following orbit diagrams:

Elenin

Now, I don't know how old that animation is, but it is certainly possible for those to asteroids (from the main belt, mind. They have known, basically circular orbits) and Elenin to appear in the same star field, and you can see even from their current positions today, their apparent motion as seen from Earth would be all in the same direction, at least until Earth and Elenin begin swinging around the Sun a bit more. But the fact remains that other than having a similar vector in the animation, Elenin and those asteroids have nothing in common. They are not "trailing" anything.

As for the youtube video in the OP... Those were definitely hot pixels the guy was pointing out. Tiny, one pixel dots in a CCD image. I deal with them every day in my work.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join