It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by ngchunter

The Science of the time and the known world does not hold the answer to every question being asked.

The issue is not whether science of our time can answer every question ever asked, the issue in the topic at hand has to do with pictures of Elenin, which as I said show asteroids in this case but show other effects in other cases that are poorly understood by the general public since few people have experience working with this kind of equipment. Those questions CAN be answered by science and experience with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
....Ok, now we can start worrying. Thanks brother Phage, your capacity to correct yourself in public is greater than your vast knowledge.

Since when is this something honorable? Its common sense.
I respect phage but this groupie thing is so anoying.

Ok, lets summarize:
-First it were hot pixels
-then astroids
-astroid thing got "debunked"*** by the 3 JPL orbit diagramms
showing that on march 3, those 3 objects were nearby because of their orbits.
-20 Pages flaming and bashing about alienships
???

EDIT: ***See the next post and my answer
edit on 9-8-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
-astroid thing got "debunked" by the 3 JPL orbit diagramms

Forgive me, but wouldn't that confirm the asteroid thing rather than debunk it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

-astroid thing got "debunked" by the 3 JPL orbit diagramms

Forgive me, but wouldn't that confirm the asteroid thing rather than debunk it?

Sorry, what I tried to say is that elenin and the other two objects are indeed astroids but astroids following their own orbit, not following elenin.

thanks for bringing this up, maybe this would have started another 20 pages

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Man, all these far away shots and fuzzy images are a real downer. Can't we get clearer images than that. I thought Stereo A was supposed to have received some better pictures than Stereo B, where are those pictures?
The sky is BORING!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
so how many of you are astronomers? O, none.

That's what I thought.

You guys see some dots moving and you concoct the most nonsense stories I've ever heard. How many times do you people around here need to be wrong before you give up this fear mongering?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
....Ok, now we can start worrying. Thanks brother Phage, your capacity to correct yourself in public is greater than your vast knowledge.

Since when is this something honorable? Its common sense.
I respect phage but this groupie thing is so anoying.

Ok, lets summarize:
-First it were hot pixels
-then astroids
-astroid thing got "debunked"*** by the 3 JPL orbit diagramms
-20 Pages flaming and bashing about alienships
???

EDIT: ***See the next post and my answer

and I only had to come to this page to find out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
special knowledge? please. I don't think any one comes to this site who is an actual legitimate astronomer, astro-physicist. A LOT of people claim they are. But, you people think a little too highly of yourself around here. The rest of the internet knows this website, and you guys are a laughing sentock to be honest. I mean, at least a third of these threads are generated by people from 4chan who just want to mess with you lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hmmm well being an Amateur Astronomer I will need to take out my Nexstar and do some photography of ELEnin I guess. Then with a process I like to call math (en.wikipedia.org... www.ehow.com...) I can determine its orbital path if need be.

For those not old enough to remember math (Thank you NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND BUSH babies). I will began a white magik pagan ritual and will swing a 3-legged cat by the tail around my head 33 times, while hopping on one foot under a dark sky and pray to the COMET KING asking for visions of the golden path of this celestial visitor! (sarcasm emphasized and I would never swing a cat over my head they have claws…)

Would not surprise me to find some pieces trailing as many comets break up especially as the pass through our solar system (gravity tugs on those snowy dirtballs).

Sure someday a comet or asteroid will hit the earth again, but it will only be a surprise if it is fast, unknown and moving in from behind the sun toward Earth. Even then many are discovered by armchair or amateur astronomers just like me so it would doubtfully be a huge surprise or be able to be kept a secret.

DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON AN OBJECT THE SIZE OF BROWN DWARF BEING SECRET…ludicrous!

Although I would have a bunker if I could afford one…LOL

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MasterAndrew

None that aren't doing more important things. Things that have been scheduled for a long time before the comet was discovered. It's an unimportant comet that is passing through the field of view of STEREO B.

But maybe they'll be able to squeeze some time in at some point.

Are they not turning both stereo A and B twice a week to look at Elenin? The JPS site shows they have observed comet Honda 400 times and Elenin over 2,000 times am I reading that wrong?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Are they not turning both stereo A and B twice a week to look at Elenin? The JPS site shows they have observed comet Honda 400 times and Elenin over 2,000 times am I reading that wrong?

Thats what I don't get. If they are constantly saying its a harmless small comet, nothing is going to happen and it will fly harmlessly past, then why are they moving Stereo A and B to take such an interest in it?

Seems to me they don't really know anything about it or what its going to do? Making it up as they go along with info in my opinion..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MasterAndrew

None that aren't doing more important things. Things that have been scheduled for a long time before the comet was discovered. It's an unimportant comet that is passing through the field of view of STEREO B.

But maybe they'll be able to squeeze some time in at some point.

STEREO-B only, and only because the comet happens to be very close to the satellite. At the moment they can only view with the very wide field HI-2 imager. MPC has over 2,000 observations of Elenin, but that is not by NASA, that is by everyone with an MPC code, including amateur astronomers. That is not unheard of for a comet these days:
www.minorplanetcenter.net...
edit on 9-8-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephilim37

Thats what I don't get. If they are constantly saying its a harmless small comet, nothing is going to happen and it will fly harmlessly past, then why are they moving Stereo A and B to take such an interest in it?

They are only moving STEREO-B to view it and only because the comet came quite close to the satellite and allows them to view it from a wide range of phase angles in a short period of time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

STEREO B is being rolled to observed the comet. It is not being diverted from its primary mission (observing the Sun) to do so. Because the HI2 instrument has a wide field of view and is offset from the Sun a roll allows it to capture the comet. While doing so, it is still able to observe the Sun. It is not being turned away from the Sun. The comet just happens to be crossing between the Sun and STEREO B, presenting an opportunity for the observations.

STEREO A is not making observations of the comet.

The comet observations are from Earth based observatories. Like the one from which the images in the OP were taken.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah.....I do remember reading where these roll overs will take place in I believe 2 hour increments. Every day for two hours beginning the first week in August and lasting for a couple of weeks??? Cant remember exactly....
but its something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join