It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has seen this....

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

this to

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 9-8-2011 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lithographyman
Phage already said numerous times that he was incorrect with the hot pixels and that they are asteroids. Give him a break......find something else to pick on.

Jeah, luckily someone found that evidence. If that person hadn´t, a whole group of people would have left at that.

That´s a bit scary, it´s even scarier when you think about that with an ounce of independant and logical thought, one should know that the hot pixel explanation is complete rubbish, upon reading it, in this case.

The poster you responded to was spot on with his observations.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

lmgtfy.com...

There you go. That link will give you information that earth will NOT pass through the tail of this comet. So much bad information is being spread about this simple comet via blogs and forums. Always verify the information you get. I always look for opposing views so I can get a balanced outlook on any information I get on a blog or forum.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Do have a question, what are the names of the other objects if REAL? Or are they just un labeled

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

jeah, luckily someone found that evidence. If that person hadn´t, a whole group of people would have left at that.

That´s a bit scary, it´s even scarier when you think about that with an ounce of independant and logical thought, one should know that the hot pixel explanation is complete rubbish, upon reading it, in this case.

Glad to see you're concerned with people getting the wrong information...

Oh wait, you aren't concerned about the misinformation about the date the images were taken though.

150+ people (based on flags) are (erroneously) being led to believe that elenin has other objects following it right now...

Why aren't you crying foul about that?

I smell double standards.
edit on 9/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by RUSSO

[color=gold]
RUSSO, congratz on the informative thread
. Its well put together with visuals for many to see that something is out there celestial related
1 enjoyed viewing all the replies last night and 1 must say whatever they are in time Earth shall see. 1 isnt going to go too outta box with my input as your OP basically shares what some need to see. So with that STARZ for the data shared within the thread my friend and thanks again 1 enjoyed checking it out as well.

edit on 8/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

You are welcome. I added you as a friend.

edit on 9-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Zortex

It's quite clear to me this is an invasion fleet. Dispite the fact that Comet C/2010 X1 will miss Earth by 21 million miles, I'm convinced these objects will suddenly veer off their projected trajectories and enslave all life on Earth.

Q: (L) Who were the Annunaki?

A: Aliens.

Q: (L) Where were they from?

A: Zeta Reticuli.

Q: (L) Do they come here every time the comet cluster is approaching to sap the souls energy created by the fear, chaos and so forth?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) The two events are loosely interrelated?

Q: (L) Is that why they are here now?

A: Close.

Q: (L) Is there a large fleet of space-ships riding a wave, so to speak, approaching our planet?

Q: (L) Where are these ships from?

A: Zeta Reticuli.

Q: (L) When will they arrive?

A: 1 month to 18 years.

The Wave
So are you saying they are not Pleidians ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Because that was a simple mistake, and Phage´s comment was stating something as fact, while there was no way of knowing this as fact, all while he knew he couldn´t know it as fact.

It´s about principle, beccause it happens all the time, in other threads to.

It doesn´t even matter that other, honest, mistakes were made, they were not in the same league.

And the only reason I think you want this in the hoax forum and unflagged is because you and your friends having been catching flak on this thread, and now you want it buried, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

According to these figures, it will pass by at an approximate distance of 23 - 25 million miles. Or about one quarter the way from Earth to the Sun.

If accurate, that's pretty reassuring.

Even a 125,000 mile wide debris tail will be insignificant at those distances.

If the figures are accurate.

Thanks for posting the links.
edit on 9/8/2011 by spikey because: added info

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
All these flags and stars for a totally useless thread

Another dissapointing thread fueled by the ignorance of ATS members

*Sigh*

Deny ignorance really needs to be taught more around here

How many more days before this comet passes ? oct you say

can't come soon enough

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The comet will not hit us nor the debris. It will according to some rumors cause a disturbance in the Earths Magnetic structure. causing the 9th wave end. This comet is being spoken by the Mayans. They move the end date to October 28 2011. And also many New Agers are saying that there are UFOs following the Comet. They could be according to Channelers the first contact team. This next few months will be interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

And he's admitted he was wrong, what more do people want?

Seriously, you're jumping all over an erroneous statement that has since been rectified yet appear to be unfussed with an erroneous and misleading thread.

You wanna call phage out for being wrong, then you better call everyone who's wrong out then, not just those that are on the opposite side of an argument to you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dron020

This comet is being spoken by the Mayans. They move the end date to October 28 2011.

The Mayans never spoke of a comet or doomsday, their calendar was a cycle, existence doesn't end, just that particular cycle.

A little bit of research outside of ATS and random un-sourced blogs can go a long way friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Blimey you two...can't you just agree to disagree?

Kiss and make up, you know you want to.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Being this is to page 20, can someone tell us late comers what the couple of items are that seem to be following Elenin? If asteroids, what is their timimg and orbit in regards to Earth?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

1 added you as well my friend

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

And he's admitted he was wrong, what more do people want? Seriously, you're jumping all over an erroneous statement that has since been rectified yet appear to be unfussed with an erroneous and misleading thread.

He admitted he posted a mere opinion that was wrong, while we all know it was posted as absolute fact, and thus misleading. He also refuses to take responsibility as a resident skeptic that is being looked up to, he should make clear what is opinion, speculation and hard fact, like the rest of us, and maybe even more so.

As for the thread, I see an honest thread with questions, theories, and factual evidence, and some false information.

An explanation was found, the wrongs were pointed out, so I think the thread was succesful, and the process was like it is supposed to be here, except for the knowingly passing speculation for hard fact.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So I was watching this thread yesterday and I just came back in. These other two objects, is there a way for someone to estimate the size of them?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Originally posten on page 6.

You can verify these are the objects in question from the OP.

These images were taken 3/3/11 - So yeah, pretty old. You can use the JPL Small Bodies DB to confirm for yourself.

How was this explained as early as page 1 and still 19 more pages of "OH GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" followed? You guys should read the ENTIRE thread before posting.

Originally posted by Backslider
Here is a visual explanation.

If these images don't speak for themselves then believe whatever you want.

Now that you know where these objects were in the sky, imagine yourself viewing them from Earth and compare to the clips in the OP.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Hot pixels??

Sorry I don't think it's hot pixels. The second segment shows it dancing around at the 11 o'clock position (relative to the bright object) instead of being a fluid motion

**Edit - To the guy above my post...I understand you're upset about getting put in your place, but please quit because you're being off topic.
edit on 8-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

Hey, it's my video! Please do bear in mind that that video was addressed to a specific incident involving an asteroid and a hot pixel, it's not meant to be taken as a demonstration of "this is what hot pixels will do in every single time lapse animation." I tried to make it a video response to the asteroid incident in question, but I was rejected by the person and banned from making comments (gee, I wonder why?). Now, granted as I stated before in this thread, pictures like this one ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) show asteroids in the same FoV, not hot pixels (something that will happen quite often for a comet traveling close to the ecliptic). Asteroids produce point spread functions in an image, hot pixels do not. It is possible for hot pixels to look like asteroids superficially in terms of their apparent motion, however, so that is not a reason to automatically rule out hot pixels unless there are other factors at play.

For instance, if a telescope is actively tracking the comet smoothly, then in long exposures the stars will be trailed, the comet will be fixed in position, and so will the hot pixels, giving the appearance that they're objects traveling beside the comet, or even in a series of short exposures their motion would be smooth. I have seen instances of that with Elenin which were claimed to be "objects." Not in the above image, but there have been cases of that. There have also been cases where the stars themselves were claimed to be objects in images involving separate exposures stacked on the comet, which produce a trail of repeating star points or trails in the image.

The bottom line is that there is a ton of confusion about ordinary astrophotography phenomenon out there, and the different techniques that can be used to image a comet with a telescope all produce different signatures and different artifacts. When you do this long enough you can spot each of them at a glance. Sometimes the answer is hot pixels, sometimes the answer is stars, and sometimes the answer is asteroids, it just all depends on the specific circumstance.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join