It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important question for fellow ATS lurkers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hi, you may or may not have viewed any number of my posts, among the various forums here. Well, this is one of my few actual threads, and it's a question that lately has continued to swirl around my brain.

We apparently do live in rather uncertain times, unless of course you are a true conspiracy theorist and think it's all according to plan etc etc.

But regardless of whether we are right or wrong, in our expectations of what is to come, time moves forward and we march endlessly to the beat of its drum. That's to say, we're all getting older and these crazy (and not so crazy) ideas we share age along with us.

So how many of you have considered that nothing really is going to happen?

No NWO takeover.

No Alien disclosure.

No Comet Elenin crashing into the Earth or Moon.

No worldwide natural disasters and the FEMA camps that entail.

Picture yourself 30 years from now. Nothing happened. Are you disappointed? As much as we all love the comfort of the lives we lead, we also seek change. Some view change, good or bad, as overall a benefit to progress. From our obvious fascination with all things "conspiracy" related, I would think we all are hoping for some massive worldwide changes, and hopefully soon-ish.

But in reality, if our history is to be a primer for our future, then life will continue here as normal.

No NWO, no Aliens, no Elenin, and no natural disasters.

We all try to convince ourselves that we're ready for big change!

But how many of you are ready and prepared for absolutely nothing interesting to happen in your lifetime?

Thanks for reading.

-D

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would not be upset and would have rather (psychologically) prepared myself for something and have been disappointed for feeling foolish....
Than to be a sheeple completely shocked and awed and blown wits away! I have friends that (if something happens) will just completely break down.
I want to prepare myself, to be ready for what may come.
I am not storing food or stocking up on weapons...but I am readying my mind, for decisions that may need to be made!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is a very interesting concept and I definitely agree. Until we have cold hard evidence of anything revolutionary, we should focus on our lives more than anything. Having said that, the entertainment factor is totally worth me spending my time reading about aliens and such. I love this stuff. Just because it isnt going to happen, shouldnt mean we should stop reading about it.

This whole website is like a really good book that I just can't put down. Its fun to be taken away to mysterious lands and topics.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Exactly!
I am not going to stop living...and that is why I wont be disappointed in 30 years.
I dont want to be like those May rapture folks who gave up everything and lost homes and jobs all for the idea they would be in "heaven" today!
Tho If something does happen, at least I wont be suprised!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
how can something not happen though? the world isn't going to be able to sustain this way of living anymore then the world can sustain this debt etc etc, change is going to come, and looking at the pace of things relatively quickly, if this (everything from the FED to 9/11) all turns out to be one crazy coencidence i don't think that the rest of the world is going to keep playing along anymore.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good question, I myself yearn for change . I don't believe the environmental strain the human race exerts on the planet can continue unchecked indefinitely, something has got to give eventually.
This site has changed a lot in the time I have been lurking we tend to get more current news and events which I myself welcome in fact I no longer watch the news on TV I get it on here instead my main reason being is you tend to get two sides to a story on here and also seems to be more news on here , But equally I like a good conspiracy which is how I found this site originally quite some years ago. Anyway waffle over , Will be interested to see other reply s

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Yes quite agree with the good book analogy , I would go as far as saying I'm addicted to this site there just so many interesting topics and lots of mind food to found

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
how can something not happen though? the world isn't going to be able to sustain this way of living anymore then the world can sustain this debt etc etc, change is going to come, and looking at the pace of things relatively quickly, if this (everything from the FED to 9/11) all turns out to be one crazy coencidence i don't think that the rest of the world is going to keep playing along anymore.

I agree, it's very possible and even probable that MOST of this stuff won't happen, but we still have some VERY big problems with no end in sight. Problems like the ever melting fuel rods of Fukushima, to the global economic collapse, to peak oil, to rising sea levels.

We have many problems to over come before a stable condition as described in the OP could be sustained.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I try to walk a line between vigilance and paranoia. It's the same reason I have fire extinguishers and car insurance. Chances are I'll never need either one, but I'm prepared.

new topics

top topics

join