It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots: Is It Twitter that Caused Them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

I completely agree. I posted this thread because I think its ridiculously hypocritical (see my first reply comment).

The reason the title is phrased that way is because ATS guidelines stated to keep the same headline as the news source being quoted if you are posting on the Breaking Alternative News forum. And that was the headline of the original news story.

Don't hate on the messenger

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Ahh I see

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Again, don't blame the messenger. I posted this story in accordance with ATS guidelines, requiring I use the title of the piece being linked to as the title. If you read my comments, I called it hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Unless the Eagle Eye artificial intelligence supercomputer is using Twitter to inject fake messages into social groups with the hopes of inciting the riots, I'd have to say the answer is NO.

Twitter doesn't cause riots, people cause riots.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I live in North London. I have friends in the Police force.

The young man who was shot... Is NOT the reason for the BS that has been going on here in London or the UK full stop.

There were FOUR HOURS of Peaceful protests where the police completely ignored any questions/comments RE: The shooting... Then the sh!t hit the fan.

After that, opportunist thugs, hooligans whatever you want to call them, started wading in but Police were informed to "Monitor and not approach" to begin with...

Chief of Police, Cameron (Prime Minister) and Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) Were ALL on holiday when this kicked off... Funny that.

And in fact all of the arrests that have been made through people STUPIDLY inciting riots "publicly" have been over facebook not Twitter.

Twitter has been the tool used for Riot Cleanup operations...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join