It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House announces $105 million in Africa aid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

And you know this how?

You really think that those people want to starve??

Deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

look up the history of foreign aid to africa and you'll have your answer...i'm not going to spoon feed the info to you...

right back at ya...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I have no problem helping other countries in need, HOWEVER, take care of your own first! If we were prospering, as a nation, I wouldn't think twice about it. That is NOT the case.

Any others wonder who will come to our aid when we are going under? The way things are unfolding - we may find out sooner rather than later.

How long will it be before we have a "save the American children" commercial running, showing our own starving and in need?

No one will save us. Our just reward will be internment camps, filthy water, beatings, rapes, and bowls of gruel.

Prepare yourself. America will soon burn like London
edit on 8-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by jibeho

I have no sympathy for them anymore...if they wanted to help themselves...they would have done it long ago...they simply just don't want to though...I say just let them sit in their mud hole if that's what they want...because it simply seems that is exactly what they want...

This is me, this is you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33f4ba70e4d3.png[/atsimg]

When you ask for a raise. This is what I do.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31b64c92df8b.png[/atsimg]

I've won. You've lost plebes. Soon you'll be no different than the Africans. Don't expect any handouts from me.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I have no problem helping other countries in need, HOWEVER, take care of your own first! If we were prospering, as a nation, I wouldn't think twice about it. That is NOT the case.

Any others wonder who will come to our aid when we are going under? The way things are unfolding - we may find out sooner rather than later.

How long will it be before we have a "save the American children" commercial running, showing our own starving and in need?

You have posted almost word for word what I said in another thread from last week.

I have also posted to this thread, a few below you...basically saying how the problem in Amerika is invisible....and if anyone has bothered to read the last part of the post....an opinion on why all of this is as it is...

Amerika...sigh...what's left to say about it? A lot, if anyone really cares.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Throwing money at them won't do anything...Bill Gates learned that and now understands the true wonders of sterilization. Besides, nothing is free...someone is giving up something for this aid, my bet it has something to do with their sovereignty as a nation state.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

And what part of the budget did that come from? I thought we were broke.. had no extra cash lying around..

I'm sick of feeding the World, policing the World, giving the World water etc etc etc.. let Africa deal with Africa.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
That amount is nothing more than an insult to the people who are suffering,Its like winning 20 million in the lotto and giving a poor friend 10 dollars.

It's really more like a bankrupt man taking out a loan and then giving a poor friend 10 dollars of the borrowed money.

Not only does it not help the situation, it wasn't yours to give in the first place.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
reality check: it's dog eat dog world

let them all burn each other up in the streets and record it with their cellphones..(business as usual)

we have enough evil men and poverty to deal with on our own soil and we are loosing the battle.

same goes for the rest of you

If you really think it's a dog eat dog world then you really dont have a leg to stand on when complaining about a thing, go and fight for your money and survival. I've never heard a dog complain.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Everytime I hear about the U.S. helping African countries with their famines I always remember this. R.I.P. Sam! Although I'm sure your somewhere screaming at the top of your lungs!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If so many people are dying,and they HAVE been dying for at least 50 years,then where do they all come from?..I mean,how many of them are there actually there and are that many REALLY dying?..or is it all just BS?.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
How is the situation in Africa our problem? It has absolutely nothing to do with us. These Liberal politicians and elite love to talk so much about over population then whenever a crisis comes that could wipe people out, you know, ‘reduce the numbers’, they fall over themselves to save those in the third world. It seems to me the only places they think are overpopulated is in the West, you know the loving tax payer who just watches as their country loses its AAA rating of 94 years, watches the debt rise above 100% GDP, watches the stock market plummet along with their 401(k)’s, the price of everything rising, and faces the reality of poverty.

But do not worry about that Obama; you just keep doing what you are doing. Do not let our little debt crisis, credit downgrade, massive unemployment, stagnant economy, and high inflation worry your dreams of global ‘social justice’. We will be just fine. We give you permission to waste our money, no seriously we insist. Nothing would make us happier then see you throw our money at people who in just a few months will need even more of our money.

Hey look America, we have another dependent! One more needy bunch sucking the tax payer tit!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I feel for the people over there but it's time for American's to only take care of Americans. Some how it's unpopular to be pro-sovereign in this day and age.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Awesome

It is too bad it isnt like that,.. tell em like it is..
maybe they should hand out condoms and the pill

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If we let thema ll die,then we dont have to waste more oney feeding them..its a pretty simple formula,along the lines of triage...nobody fusses about triage at an accident or mass cal scene

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Someone would have to show those people how to actually use a condom. Gross.

Or they might try to eat them.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
If we let thema ll die,then we dont have to waste more oney feeding them..its a pretty simple formula,along the lines of triage...nobody fusses about triage at an accident or mass cal scene
Triage the entire continent of africa,once and for all....just seal it off and let it wither...at least one problem solved for the next geneation

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
100 million to Africa?

That means we are borrowing 40 million from the Chinese to send that check. Sad but true.

It would be nice if that aid actually got to the people who needed it but you can be sure that that is not the case. You can be sure that a miniscule precentage of that "aid" actually reaches the people in need.

Further, if our own house crumbles we won't be able to help ANYONE including ourselves in the future.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

<< 1  2   >>

join