It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these statues ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

This statue is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful and artistic creations I have ever laid my eyes on:

you're not falling in love with her, are you, big fat furry texan gorilla?

be careful - she lives far far away !

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by bestintentions
Firstly, this ‘now famous statue’ of Tiahuanaco – but other than that not much more was said about it in this thread here by our also famous Slayer of ATS

BECAUSE....

There is a method to my madness err umm... upcoming thread.

Stay tuned

Peru Cloud People Statues

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2a18e883317.jpg[/atsimg]

The Peru Cloud People Statues look like white time-traveling nazi's wearing native dress. Two soldiers, two other nazi's and hitler with his bavarian hat on. The helmets look more italian than german I must admit.....maybe musselini is one next to hitler.

Ofcourse just my imagination speaking...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
in my opinion looking and guessing are the beginnings of analysing, recognising and understanding.

But only after you've found out what is known about things.

the time of creation of an object might only be a secondary fact. e.g. there is this well known book that was written about 2000 years ago. but part of its intellectual content might be as old as 6000 years or as today we would say ‘it could be anybodies guess’ how old it really might be.

Things like this leave footprints on history (yes, even "secret knowledge" such as the mystery religions of Greece.) The 2,000 year old book has older manuscripts that show its chapters in earlier form... and has stylistic changes in it, showing that the chapters had a number of editors. The first book in particular had at least five different translators/editors by the time it shows up in its oldest manuscript form. There are other supporting manuscripts for it, too.

But someone who just looked at that old manuscript and didn't know Hebrew and didn't want to look up the translation or research it and just stared at the shape of the letters could probably say "oh look! These five alphabets (Japanese, Chinese, Hindu, Arabic, Roman) all use straight lines! They must have gotten this from one source!"

Research. Then speculate.

yes, I agree that individually we think of ourselves as such creators and equipped with fabulous fantasy. but from a distance away humans do not look very innovative. if I look at modern science fiction - how much similarity is there to the stories from the old ones ?

Not very much, unless someone like Neil Gaiman or Terry Pratchett (who research and craft based on old stories) is writing it. Now... a lot of modern "channeled" information is directly stolen from popular science fiction ideas. But the real stuff -- the old stuff written in cuneiform or hieroglyphs or even ancient Greek isn't that similar.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

thank you, i'm learning from you.
i'm sure though, assumptions, speculations and curiosity have prepared many a fertile base for further investigation. but this is not to disagree with a scientific approach.

i also agree with you on the issue of 'channeling'. on the other hand, i can see modern fictions blatantly using enki's explanations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join