It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water company : you don't use water enough so we'll hike your rates 20%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ain't that nice?

Why United Water wants more money for less water usage

United Water Idaho wants more money, and company officials say a big reason they need it is because customers are using less water. This week, the company filed for a rate increase from the Idaho Public Utilities Commission. They want nearly a 20% increase for residential and commercial customers.

United Water officials say they need the money to help pay for $20 million in improvements they already made in Boise. Those include a new water treatment facility on the bench and a new water main on Hill Road.

Part of the problem is customers using less water

The company says a big reason it doesn't have enough money is because people are using less water, consumption is down.

Ridiculous. Use too much water? Pay more. Use too less water? Pay more.

You can't win. Time to nationalize all this and put caps on prices.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Man there's just no escaping it....I used to live in North Idaho and my fallback was up there if leaving the country isn't a option after they close the borders...apparently they'll just make it crap to live everywhere at once...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You know.... Its funny, really.. These guys are really interesting.. I am going to tell you a story..

In the city of Pittsburgh my friend lives next to this one house that had to water running so bad that it pretty much killed the who basement of this place for 2 yrs.. He called and told them that there was a water main that broke in this place like 5 times in that 2 yrs.. Anyway after 3 yrs they finally came and shut the water off..

Now lets goto someone who needs this water on and cant pay for it. The water gets shut off in like 3 seconds after you dont pay the bill..

Ironic these places are...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If this passes and if "the people" have a hair on their rears, they would ban together and cut their water usage by at least 25%, just to push these greedy corp. crybabies over the edge.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Kinda similar to what happened to us here in the UK.

We are with e-On for our gas & electricity. We got a letter last week saying there's been an increase on our usual £40/month ($65.42) by 20% and that we are now in debt by £70.

How the hell does that work? So okay they are increasing their prices, the next bill is £48, yeah I get it...

But...

We are changing our prices 7 months ago, sorry, we forgot to tell you but you now owe us £70 so your next bill is £128, if you fail to pay it there will be a charge of £....

How is this even legal? As if times aren't hard enough having to eat the exact same thing week in week out because we can't afford the good stuff in life, what used to cost £40/week ($65.42) in food now costs £70/week ($114.48)

We are seriously worried at the moment, any more rises whatsoever means we can't afford to live and with yet another gas/electricity rise due in September, I really don't know what we're going to do. It's looking more and more likely that me, my partner and our young baby will have to move into my partner's mum's house.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Ridiculous. Use too much water? Pay more. Use too less water? Pay more.

Economies of scale?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Your conduct is that of a shill.
Nationalizing water?
How about nationalizing truth?
All public services must disclose ALL accounting.
If the water company needs the money legitimately, then the only option is to raise prices. Simple. Ethical. However, this rests on people conducting themselves by truth.

How it came to be that someone can take your money under threat of imprisonment, not disclose their use of that money, and even print more money causing what little you have to be worth less is absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong.

To complain about the needs of a local public utilities provider ONLY speaks to the flaws in our system which keep understanding from each other. A need is a need. The people in the area mentioned in this thread need water, the water company needs to maintain the systems which are in place. Where is the crime if this is an honest need? Because they are simply requiring higher prices? What a blind/limited judgment to operate by.

join